Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Super League 2014: team-by-team guide

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,406 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Super League 2014: team-by-team guide

http://www.theguardi...m-by-team-guide

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011

#2 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

That'll go down well on the Hull FC RLFans forum.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#3 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,608 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I don't agree with either the Hull or Dragons forcast..

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#4 dcc

dcc
  • Players
  • 89 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 04:14 PM

http://www.rlbet.co....son-predictions

#5 southstand loiner

southstand loiner
  • Coach
  • 2,657 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:55 PM

wigan 5th  that's interesting  I wonder what they make of that

ah a sunday night in front of the telly watching old rugby league games.
does life get any better .

#6 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

I don't think the loss of Dobson will be as big of a blow as many seem to think.

I'm very confident that Kris Keating will prove to as influential -if not more so- than Michael Dobson. I think he is a better player than Michael Dobson and hope that will prove to be a fair and correct assessment come September/October time.

Rally Round...

#7 DeadShotKeen

DeadShotKeen
  • Coach
  • 1,350 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:39 PM

Leeds and St Helens by a country mile the competition's 2 best teams. If they don't meet in the GF I'll be very, very surprised. Luke Walsh should win Man of Steel.

Not much between Warrington, Wigan, Huddersfield and Salford (when they start to gel).

Those are the only 6 decent sides in the comp.

Hull FC probably next best for 7th (as ever).

The rest - who cares? Barely a decent player between them.

Lots and lots and lots of blowout scores when the good 6 teams meet the rest.

A dull procession of a competition.

Crowds to wane. Media interest to wane. Younger generations of fans to look elsewhere.

Still, NRL is on Premier Sports so it's not all bad.

#8 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,787 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:47 PM

Leeds and St Helens by a country mile the competition's 2 best teams. If they don't meet in the GF I'll be very, very surprised. Luke Walsh should win Man of Steel.

Not much between Warrington, Wigan, Huddersfield and Salford (when they start to gel).

Crowds to wane. Media interest to wane. Younger generations of fans to look elsewhere.

I genuinely don't see this all-star Saints line up. They've definitely beefed up their pack, and in Walsh should give them a kicking game.

But their three-quarter line is extremely average and they'll still be weighed down by the need to keep picking Hohaia and Wellens.

Edited by Just Browny, 07 February 2014 - 12:48 PM.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#9 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

I presume you wrote that whilst sitting on the edge of the Humber Bridge contemplating when to jump?

Leeds and Saints the best two teams in the comp? 

Do us a favour, and stop contemplating. Just do it.

#10 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,130 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:38 PM

I presume you wrote that whilst sitting on the edge of the Humber Bridge contemplating when to jump?

Please don't be so flippant.

You never know what problems people face away from the keyboard.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#11 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

Bang out of order.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#12 johnboy1986

johnboy1986
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:23 PM

Cant see saints challenging wigan beat them with 12 the other night and it was saints best team. Dont be mistaking this for q friendly ask walsh if he thought it was a friendly when he was having xray for broken jaw. saints pack may be bigger but is still average as is there backs apart from lomax. For me there is 3 potential winners, wigan, leeds, and warrington. St hellens and huddersfield competing for 4th and 5th then catalans then salford then the two hull teams.

#13 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

You didn't like Dean Sampson hitting the thug in the Wigan shirt but you are telling somebody to jump off a bridge?
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#14 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:30 PM

I don't think the loss of Dobson will be as big of a blow as many seem to think.

I'm very confident that Kris Keating will prove to as influential -if not more so- than Michael Dobson. I think he is a better player than Michael Dobson and hope that will prove to be a fair and correct assessment come September/October time.

Rally Round...

Dont be so sure - Keating is a poor replacement. Even in the superb 2012 Bulldogs team he was the weak link and only got his chance due to injuries. He has a decent kicking game but little else.

I do think Rovers have signed some decent forwards though, Weyman in particular if he can stay fit.

#15 Saint Toppy

Saint Toppy
  • Coach
  • 2,655 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:40 PM

Cant see saints challenging wigan beat them with 12 the other night and it was saints best team. Dont be mistaking this for q friendly ask walsh if he thought it was a friendly when he was having xray for broken jaw. saints pack may be bigger but is still average as is there backs apart from lomax. For me there is 3 potential winners, wigan, leeds, and warrington. St hellens and huddersfield competing for 4th and 5th then catalans then salford then the two hull teams.

Err I think you'll find it was Saints playing with 12 men for part of that game and not Wigan, and that wasn't the 'best team' as you put it. Makinson, Masoe, Wheeler, Beaumont & Clough were all missing. It was also Walsh's first game and Soliola's first back after injury, so there's a lot more to come from Saints.

#16 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,451 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:26 PM

Err I think you'll find it was Saints playing with 12 men for part of that game and not Wigan, and that wasn't the 'best team' as you put it. Makinson, Masoe, Wheeler, Beaumont & Clough were all missing. It was also Walsh's first game and Soliola's first back after injury, so there's a lot more to come from Saints.

Potential Man of Steel; I think he's awesome.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#17 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,662 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:31 PM

Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

#18 Simmo

Simmo
  • Banned
  • 548 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

You didn't like Dean Sampson hitting the thug in the Wigan shirt but you are telling somebody to jump off a bridge?

OMG was he really sat on a bridge? I didn't know that. I'm so sorry.

Grow up.

#19 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,621 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:27 AM

Grow up.

How old are you?? 12

I can't remember reading many or even any posts where you contribute something positive, instead you post pathetic dribble and posts / topics go downhill

Back on topic

I've gone for saints this year, thought a year on they'd be better and hungry, my saints mates say otherwise and they could struggle.

Come September we'll all find out, best wishes to all and enjoy our great game

#20 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,995 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:44 AM

Grow up.

Apology accepted, thanks for taking the time and realising you were wrong
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.