TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Carvell back to Hull FC?

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 Futtocks

Futtocks
  • Coach
  • 21,885 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:22 PM

Hull, whose need for a new front-rower increased after injuries last weekend to Liam Watts and Chris Green, confirmed their interest on Thursday, saying they are monitoring the situation.

"The club have been made aware of Carvell's availability and could look to formalise a deal for the Challenge Cup winner in the near future once his situation has been clarified," Hull said in a statement.

LINK TO STORY

A mind is like a parachute. It doesn’t work if it isn’t open. Frank Zappa (1940 - 1993)

#2 hindle xiii

hindle xiii
  • Coach
  • 21,168 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

See Bulls thread.

If you use "should of", "would of" or "could of", you are a moron.

On Odsal Top baht 'at.

#3 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:58 PM

Now confirmed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk...league/26157339

Reasonably happy with this, one year to prove his fitness. Hope we don't hear anything along the lines of "I never wanted to leave,I was forced out, etc, etc..." regarding leaving Hull, obviously.

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#4 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Now confirmed.

Reasonably happy with this, one year to prove his fitness. Hope we don't hear anything along the lines of "I never wanted to leave,I was forced out, etc, etc..." regarding leaving Hull, obviously.

Sooner or later Hull are going to come good, I know i have said this often enough, Maybe the new coach is going to make the difference. He could be this years P Anderson.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#5 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

I thought that Bradford had said no players would be leaving.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#6 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

So he walked out of his original Hull contract and has now walked out of another contract to resign with Hull. Sounds like a trustworthy kind of guy.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#7 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

I think his career is always going to go down hill from here. He doesn't have the focus, desire and motivation to do what Morley and Peacock have done. I think he will take as much money as he can at this stage.

#8 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

Its harsh to criticise him for leaving Bradford to go to Hull.

It would be harsh to criticise anybody leaving Bradford to guarantee their wage.

#9 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Has he left a 2-year deal for a 1-year deal (with an option)?

Risky...

#10 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:09 PM

Its harsh to criticise him for leaving Bradford to go to Hull.

It would be harsh to criticise anybody leaving Bradford to guarantee their wage.

People don't seem to see that League players have a right to look after themselves like anyone else.

How do we know Bradford arn't happy to let him go. They know they have to finish 12th or higher, they will be planning to do that, they may see Carvells money being more usefull later in the season. I know they have just signed him but things seem to change daily at Bradford. My money is still on them.

#11 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Now confirmed.

He left to win trophies, now home for early retirement payday. Wink wink

#12 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

?..

How do we know Bradford arn't happy to let him go. They know they have to finish 12th or higher, they will be planning to do that, they may see Carvells money being more usefull later in the season. I know they have just signed him but things seem to change daily at Bradford. My money is still on them.

Probably because we've now lodged a complaint with the RFL and seeking legal redress.

If FC wanted him they should have signed him from Warrington. Carvell has been taking the Club's wages and cruising around in a club car yet at the same time says he no longer an employee. He can go **** himself.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#13 Leeds Wire

Leeds Wire
  • Coach
  • 3,896 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:03 PM

Some pretty daft comments on here I reckon.

I think Carvell saw some very real problems at Bradford and has secured a deal at Hull to secure his career. I would have done the same in his place as would 99% of us.

I wish him well and still don't get why Wire let him go, but then again I'm not Tony Smith. He knows what he's doing.

Good luck Carvs and I hope the Hull fans welcome him back, he's a blooming great signing.

#14 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

Probably because we've now lodged a complaint with the RFL and seeking legal redress.

If FC wanted him they should have signed him from Warrington. Carvell has been taking the Club's wages and cruising around in a club car yet at the same time says he no longer an employee. He can go **** himself.

Maybe he thought the Bulls wouldn't see the season out and the Bulls could go #### themselves,after all would you stay at a company that lurches from one financial disaster to another.

#15 RLDave

RLDave
  • Coach
  • 798 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Maybe he thought the Bulls wouldn't see the season out and the Bulls could go #### themselves,after all would you stay at a company that lurches from one financial disaster to another.

I wouldn't sign a contract with such a company if I thought it was that bad.
@ohcallicalli

You can't beat an owl!

#16 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

I wouldn't sign a contract with such a company if I thought it was that bad.

I'm sure he was given assurances that everything in the garden was rosy to get him to sign.

#17 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

Gaz has a youngster and wants stability, sorry to be blunt, bulls offer nothing!!

Wish him all the best, and he'll go well for FC

#18 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:27 PM

That's fair comment, But as someone has said, was he given the full sp, and to be fair to Bradford did they even know it themselves at the time.

#19 Konkrete

Konkrete
  • Coach
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:35 PM

There's some odd logic here...

If 99% would do the same the why haven't 99% of the other players left? Have our troubles been so hidden over the last few years that Carvell was totally oblivious to them before he signed only a few months ago? Are we not stronger for this change? Has he not been paid? Has he not swapped a 2yr deal for a 1yr one? Did he not, only a few days ago, proclaim publicly that he was enjoying his time at the club and was looking to play beyond his contract? Does anybody really think that the Bulls will fold given the news in the last few weeks? Oh, and of course Gaz has a youngster when no other player has.

Don't turn this into a club thing, it's not about that. Whatever your club loyalties let's see this for what it really is. Remind me again who his agent is and what his recent activities have been.
Integrity is shown when no-one is looking.

#20 1976PMJwires

1976PMJwires
  • Coach
  • 9,645 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:27 AM

There's some odd logic here...
If 99% would do the same the why haven't 99% of the other players left? Have our troubles been so hidden over the last few years that Carvell was totally oblivious to them before he signed only a few months ago? Are we not stronger for this change? Has he not been paid? Has he not swapped a 2yr deal for a 1yr one? Did he not, only a few days ago, proclaim publicly that he was enjoying his time at the club and was looking to play beyond his contract? Does anybody really think that the Bulls will fold given the news in the last few weeks? Oh, and of course Gaz has a youngster when no other player has.
Don't turn this into a club thing, it's not about that. Whatever your club loyalties let's see this for what it really is. Remind me again who his agent is and what his recent activities have been.

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users