Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

DISCO

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

While we are on the nostalgia theme. The supporters trust are running a disco at swinton legion on saturday march 15th at swinton legion, 7pm to 12pm, this is still being finalised so an official announcement will be coming shortly. I will be doing the disco and along with Sue Buckley and Barbara Cathcart we have decided to make it a sounds of the sixties night. The sixties are very special in the history of the Lions so lets make it one hell of a night. I will play music from the whole of the sixties from early rock and roll eg. Elvis Buddy Holly Everly Brothers Eddie Cocran etc etc. Into the Important years of 1962 to 1964 when theLions ruled supreme and music from the Beatles Rolling Stones Gerry and the Pacemakers Hollies Searchers etc etc to the late sixties and the mod era with Procal Harem. Amem Corner ,The Who, The Kinks, Moody Blues etc etc And finally to finish the sixties and into the early seventies Tamla Motown And seventies disco.Lets see you all there and make it into a great night one that won't be forgotten for years to come. Why not go the whole hog and dress in teddie gear, mod gear disco gear lets soak up the period.As iv'e said it's still being finalised and the trust have still to set a ticket price but all proceeds will go towards keeping the Lions future alive. Iam giving my services free to the club I love and i hope that you will come and fill the place, help raise important funds for the trust aqnd also have a great time remembering the years when the LIONS WERE THE BEST

#2 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 412 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 05:47 PM

Wow! Sorry I can't be there!
Eddie Cochran!!!!

I've always had in my head that the Lions used to play a Dion song as they ran onto the field??

Anybody remember that?
Posted Image

#3 duffymoon

duffymoon
  • Coach
  • 2,568 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

Great idea ,lets hope it's well supported and as there are quite a few DJs who are Swinton fans maybe someone will assist you Glenn.

#4 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:30 PM

...on saturday march 15th at swinton legion, 

15th of March? 'Beware of the Ides of March'

Edited by Blue Monkey, 06 February 2014 - 11:33 PM.

#5 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 06 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

also have a great time remembering the years when the LIONS WERE THE BEST

Great stuff GG, oh if only the good old days would return.

#6 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 232 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

Tickets are now on sale for the sounds of the sixties disco on sat. 15th march at swinton legion. The ticket price as been reduced and is now £6 a ticket. Details will be in the programme on sunday (sheffield match). Babara Cathcart will also have tickets at the turnstyle. Even if the sixties music isn,t your scene please come along and fill the club and enter into the spirit of the occasion.For this disco the sixties as been chosen to coincide with the great Swinton team of the sixties. If this disco is a success I will consider doing two more discos, firstly the 80s and 90s to coincide with Danny Wilsons time at the Lions and of course the last period at Station Rd. I will then do a disco of 2000s music right up to the present hit parade and theme this as PHOENIX the Lions rise from the ashes. So please support the Lions all proceeds will go to the trust to help safeguard the Lions future.Lets make it a great night and as Isaid before period dress would be wellcome i.e. teddy boy gear,pettycoats and bobby sox or the mod gear of the late sixties. Buy your tickets to help the Lions and I will see you all there on the 15tyh march.

#7 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 04:30 PM

WELL DONE GG, YOU'RE A REAL STAR

#8 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

BUMP