Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

CRUNCH TIME

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

#41 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:34 PM

My name is not hidden, white wizard.

your name remains unknown and so would suggest a penny has never left tour pocket in the direction of the Lions.

and please don't tell me to jog on. This is a forum, my opinion is just as valid as yours.

my comment still stands, what would you have us do?

#42 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:48 PM

I said I wouldn't post again but now I'm absolutely livid. I've no idea who you are Glengarry but you typify all that's wrong with the few remaining swinton supporters - who are you to question who is or is not behind the Lions ?

I spent a lot of my time and money both organising and supporting trust events in the past. Whether someone is or is not a member of the trust is not a measure of whether they follow Swinton or are there really only 110 supporters left ?

Swinton have one of the smallest supporter bases in the game - most amateur teams could boast more. Let's alienate the few supporters left eh - People's Front of Judea or Judean People's Front ?

Good luck Glengarry with your supporter recruitment drive.

All your posts have had a hugely negative slant the cumulative effect being you got a bit of stick
There are plenty of us still want the best for our club and won't give up
Join in.

#43 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:49 PM

I wasn't going to reply to your comments Gandalf1 but your attack on the loyal lions fans can,t go unanswered. At no time have I or anybody else popped off at you as you call it. You asked about plan b if Dr Koukash lost interest and Itried to explain the hard work that the trust were doing to keep Swinton a viable concern and also askedwould you like to become involved even if it was just buying tickets for the disco nothing more or nothing less. So why you should lash out at myself and the rest of the loyal fans for that I am at a complete loss. To make sure that Swinton continue to have a future the club needs the support of ALL our fans to raise the capital to sustain  the LIONS and there are a lot of people on this forum that are more than willing to do this instead of slagging off the fans why not join us and make Swinton a stable and prosperous team once more.

#44 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:22 PM

I think it is safe to say that Dr Koukash will NOT be taking over Swinton lions either now or at any time in the future so I think that any planning for the future will obviously have to be done without him at the helm and the benefits it would have brought not just to Swinton RLFC but indeed the town itself,and lets face it the town NEEDS investment(and ASDA,and for that matter a stadium is not the magic wand but is a part of the answer/solution)URGENTLY as it is declining rapidly.This is going to be difficult and all credit has to go to the trust and those who still go for continuing to fight the difficult fight.

And thank you Salford Council for NOTHING,YOU MAKE ME FEEL ASHAMED TO DEATH OF BEING BORN THERE.SALFORD COUNCIL YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I AND OTHERS DESPISE YOU.

#45 Bryce

Bryce
  • Coach
  • 911 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:46 PM

Have they announced a decision yet?

#46 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,972 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

I think it is safe to say that Dr Koukash will NOT be taking over Swinton lions either now or at any time in the future so I think that any planning for the future will obviously have to be done without him at the helm and the benefits it would have brought not just to Swinton RLFC but indeed the town itself,and lets face it the town NEEDS investment(and ASDA,and for that matter a stadium is not the magic wand but is a part of the answer/solution)URGENTLY as it is declining rapidly.This is going to be difficult and all credit has to go to the trust and those who still go for continuing to fight the difficult fight.

And thank you Salford Council for NOTHING,YOU MAKE ME FEEL ASHAMED TO DEATH OF BEING BORN THERE.SALFORD COUNCIL YOU WILL NEVER KNOW HOW MUCH I AND OTHERS DESPISE YOU.

Rob we don't know yet

#47 Robthegasman

Robthegasman
  • Players
  • 73 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

Rob we don't know yet

Maybe nothing has officially been said but in my eyes I think that the decision has been made by the local council not to support the plans,and that they were never going to support the idea of a stadium being built in Swinton for Swinton RLFC to move into.There is more chance of Manchester United winning a trophies with that dick of a manager Moyes in charge than Swinton RLFC coming home.

#48 LiondressedasRam

LiondressedasRam
  • Players
  • 40 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

Maybe nothing has officially been said but in my eyes I think that the decision has been made by the local council not to support the plans,and that they were never going to support the idea of a stadium being built in Swinton for Swinton RLFC to move into.There is more chance of Manchester United winning a trophies with that dick of a manager Moyes in charge than Swinton RLFC coming home.

Until Dr K annouces that he's out, then it should be safe to assume he's in, the council have to remain neutral so can't comment on speculation.

It's been said before, but slagging them off is not likely to help the cause, we're hoping to positively influence the councillors to make the favourable decision.

Good things come to those who wait...

#49 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 05:30 PM

I'd like to think that as Dr Koukash had given the council an ultimatum to hear from them for last friday, and there as been silence from both parties since could be a positive sign that both parties are still in talks.So lets keep our fingers croosed that all is well and the Dr is satisfied with the signs that are coming from the council.

#50 Westernmancunia

Westernmancunia
  • Players
  • 21 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

People need to be patient .Timing is everything. Could be that the council are hanging back -waiting to see how things pan out down at Barton with Salford's relaunch and Sale's jitters and waiting for the opportune moment to make a commitment.Barton could still be a major financial headache and embarrassment for them. They view all this stuff in a different way to the rest of us because they're always playing to the gallery. They've had a huge amount of stick throwing money at Salford whilst having to make some unpleasant cuts at the same time. What Swinton want ultimately is an asset that has a monetary value  . If Salford start looking like a success that might make it easier for them to justify giving the Lions a lift.  A shed load of money seems to have vaporised but if the 'investment' seems to be paying off then it will make them more minded to help. So perhaps were going to have to be secretly willing the pinks on for the time being. Their advancement and our advancement could be linked

Either ways they were never going to be quick about this - even if they were going to put the mockers on it right from the word go they wouldn't because that would make for terrible politics. It would make them look partisan and discriminating and open them up to more criticism.  They were always going to drag it out regardless.

That said thus far the council have not given anyone sufficient grounds for givin' em both barrels. Yet!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users