Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Our wonderful boys in blue (again)

Police; framing

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:43 AM

I saw this on BBC North West Tonight yesterday evening and was, quite frankly shocked. I have never had an 'anti police' attitude, but this and other things in recent years (Plebgate, Tomlinson etc) have made me think. Regardless of what you think of the anti-fracking cause this looks pretty bad and I would hate to find myself in a similar position. 

Anti-fracking protester to sue police over 'trumped-up' drink arrest caught on video

Edited by Griff9of13, 07 February 2014 - 09:44 AM.

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#2 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

That copper wants sacking and his superior officer wants to be the subject of an enquiry.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#3 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

The next series of Police, Camera, Action is being re-launched as You've Been Framed, sadly the late Jeremy Beadle is not available to present this but Andrew Mitchell  has confirmed that he would definitely be interested in working on this project....even if it does feature a load of Plebs.

28m391z.jpg

#4 Griff9of13

Griff9of13
  • Coach
  • 5,608 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 12:03 PM

That copper wants sacking and his superior officer wants to be the subject of an enquiry.

The worrying thing is that he is a senior officer; he is an inspector not, as the MEN incorrectly states, a sargent. He really should know better. 

"it is a well known fact that those people who most want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it."

#5 Kenilworth Tiger

Kenilworth Tiger
  • Coach
  • 8,939 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

Playing devils advocate, the officer had reason to believe he had been drinking and driven to the event so he's entitled to ask for a breath test isn't he?

Yes he misheard the word tea and thought he said 2 but even so....
Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

Posted Image

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

#6 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,019 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:02 PM

Playing devils advocate, the officer had reason to believe he had been drinking and driven to the event so he's entitled to ask for a breath test isn't he?

No reason whatsoever. Even if the bloke had drunk two pints, he might have drunk them at the event and the police could not prove otherwise.

Therefore, as he was not driving when questioned, and had not attempted to drive, he could not have been guilty of any drink-driving crime.

Plenty of people drive to a particular pub or town for a night out, leave their car there and collect it the next day. I've done it dozens of times.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#7 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:25 PM

Drinking two pints is not a crime and I am pretty sure that they need to have clear evidence that you were driving under the influence to have any chance of a conviction. 

28m391z.jpg

#8 tonyXIII

tonyXIII
  • Coach
  • 4,981 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:09 PM

Drinking two pints is not a crime and I am pretty sure that they need to have clear evidence that you were driving under the influence to have any chance of a conviction. 

I could be wrong, but i don't think you actually have to drive the car. The term is (or was) something like "being in charge of the vehicle". I think this means that you have opened the door and got in it. It might even cover putting the key in the lock and falling down drunk.

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society
Founder (and, so far, only) member.

#9 Tiny Tim

Tiny Tim
  • Coach
  • 7,096 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:54 PM

I could be wrong, but i don't think you actually have to drive the car. The term is (or was) something like "being in charge of the vehicle". I think this means that you have opened the door and got in it. It might even cover putting the key in the lock and falling down drunk.

Fair enough, but standing on a public pavement out of sight of his car is perhaps pushing it a step too far.

28m391z.jpg

#10 Bostik Bailey

Bostik Bailey
  • Coach
  • 1,680 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:37 PM

That first plod needs to prosecuted for wasting police time (wasting the time of the other two coppers) and conspiracy to pervert the course of justice.

Oh and why did he have red covers over his number?

#11 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,239 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 10:23 PM

Oh and why did he have red covers over his number?

Probably for ID in a public order situation,  ID him as a commander/team leader.

They seemed to be on first name terms, wonder what the previous is?  But to carry on when on camera?  Just dumb.  No wonder some police don't like the idea of cameras.

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#12 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 11:48 PM

Who killed Liddle Tower's.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users