TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

KIT LAUNCH

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 steve wild

steve wild
  • Coach
  • 645 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 07:28 PM

Our 2014 kit will be officially launched at the Swinton British Legion, Thursday 20 February @ 7.30pm.

The players will be in attendance following their training session that evening, so please come along and meet them.

We will also be giving a warm welcome to our new shirt sponsors.

If you want to pick up your replica jersey on the night you will be able to do so, provided you email your request to lionstrust@hotmail.co.uk no later than a week today. Shirt sizes are 28 or 30 inch chest for kids (£35), or 32 inch (& every 2 inches up) to 56 inch for adults (£45). Pay on the night if you wish, or order & collect from office if you can't make it on the night.

It will be possible to order replica kit (including shorts, socks & away jersey) direct from Stag Sports at a later time if you wish.

We'll try & get some pics uploaded of the new design asap (the 'home' is a 'traditional' blue with white V, and the away kit is white).

Admission is free, but please support the event for the benefit of our players & sponsors.

#2 dummy scissors

dummy scissors
  • Coach
  • 273 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 08:10 PM

It really is remarkable how much progress is being made at the moment with announcements coming thick and fast on this forum, the Club site and on the Trust site.  It just shows how much can be done if the will and drive are present.  Thanks again to all the "hands on" people who are driving matters forward with such zeal and to those who are dipping into their personal or corporate pockets to help where they can.

I know there are still major hurdles to overcome but we have a lot of poitive things happening right now which are to be applauded.

#3 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 07 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

It really is remarkable how much progress is being made at the moment with announcements coming thick and fast on this forum, the Club site and on the Trust site.  It just shows how much can be done if the will and drive are present.  Thanks again to all the "hands on" people who are driving matters forward with such zeal and to those who are dipping into their personal or corporate pockets to help where they can.

I know there are still major hurdles to overcome but we have a lot of poitive things happening right now which are to be applauded.

Could't agree more!
Posted Image

#4 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 12:29 AM

It just shows how much can be done if the will and drive are present.  

Yes, how very, very true. Well said DS.

#5 garglecheerio

garglecheerio
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:19 AM

#SwintonLions **NEW HOME KIT** (For illustrative purposes only, created prior to confirmation of new shirt sponsors)

Attached Files

#6 garglecheerio

garglecheerio
  • Players
  • 7 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

#SwintonLions **NEW AWAY KIT** (For illustrative purposes only, created prior to confirmation of new shirt sponsors)

Attached Files

#7 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 08 February 2014 - 11:03 AM

I do like the away shirt. Kinda reminds me of the recent world cup Cook Islands shirt!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#8 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Reminder !!!

Be there   :P

#9 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:08 PM

I do like the away shirt. Kinda reminds me of the recent world cup Cook Islands shirt!

Sorry, but I couldn't agree less. Those blue squiggly bits on the front are a poor substitute for a classic, smart and traditional blue V

#10 LOYALION

LOYALION
  • Coach
  • 947 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:29 PM

Sorry, but I couldn't agree less. Those blue squiggly bits on the front are a poor substitute for a classic, smart and traditional blue V

It's modern Keith. I'm surprised you don't walk about dressed like King Arthur!

"no-one knows what it's like to be the bad man.........behind blue eyes"

#11 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

It's modern Keith. I'm surprised you don't walk about dressed like King Arthur!

'Modern' doesn't mean it has to be 'best'.

What's 'fab' to some is 'yuk' to others. I'm a firm believer in the 'retro-look'. Take last season's jerseys whose design was, as we all know, a salute to the Championship wins of 1962-64. IMO, they looked almost as great as the originals worn by the great Lions of the '60s (before your time? but not mine).

We'll just agree to disagree yes?

#12 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 3,064 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

I like the old shirt
I like the new shirt
but I don't know which I like best
theres only one way to sort this out
FIGHT!

#13 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

'Modern' doesn't mean it has to be 'best'.

What's 'fab' to some is 'yuk' to others. I'm a firm believer in the 'retro-look'. Take last season's jerseys whose design was, as we all know, a salute to the Championship wins of 1962-64. IMO, they looked almost as great as the originals worn by the great Lions of the '60s (before your time? but not mine).

We'll just agree to disagree yes?

Keith,

I believe on Sunday, we're playing with a laced-up leather ball, it'll be 13-a-side with no subs, unlimited tackles, contested scrums, 3 points for a try, and the jerseys will be devoid of sponsors, with long sleeves and collars!

Spelly

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#14 GLENNGARY

GLENNGARY
  • Coach
  • 237 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

Greattttttttt!

#15 lionsfanusa

lionsfanusa
  • Coach
  • 430 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:56 PM

Keith,

I believe on Sunday, we're playing with a laced-up leather ball, it'll be 13-a-side with no subs, unlimited tackles, contested scrums, 3 points for a try, and the jerseys will be devoid of sponsors, with long sleeves and collars!

Spelly

Wow!
I just called the airlines! I've got to be there!!
But, what's wrong with collars? I have a sponsored shirt from 2010 (?) with a collar!

Geoff.
Posted Image

#16 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

We will keep your helipad free Geoff !!

#17 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,766 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Keith,

Spelly

The one clearly outstanding feature of Spelly's mindset is his almost total lack of a sense of history regarding the Lions. You'd think from his views he was born little more than 20 years ago instead of not too much after yours truly.

Spelly, treat yourself, sign up to subscribe for the Rugby League Journal and relive old glories. 

#18 Spelly

Spelly
  • Coach
  • 1,812 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

Keith,

Do you reckon that during the halcyon days of the 60s, there were fans of the Lions of a certain vintage, who were saying "This team is not a patch on the side who won the five cups!" or something of that ilk? 

Maybe someone who remembered Fallowfield in 1900, who also witnessed 1928, said "Nowhere near as good as the team that beat the Pinks!" eh?

There's nowt wrong with remembering the good old days, but I'm also willing to embrace the game of today, which (in my opinion) is of the highest quality!

Would you return to unlimited tackles? Do you really want contested scrums, where the match could be stagnant for minutes on end, with re-scrum after re-scrum?

The world has evolved, and so has the Greatest Game on the Planet. There's no going back, so accept the scenario Keith my friend!

See you tomorrow mate!

Spelly.

Edited by Spelly, 19 February 2014 - 08:26 PM.

"--- and then on the eighth day, God created Rugby League."

Daily, my intense dislike of the Pinks, Rugby Yawnion, Manchester United, and far-right politics, grows ever larger, and will continue to do so forever more!

Question! What's the connection between Rugby League and Rugby Yawnion? Answer! There isn't one!

My girl-friend asked "If you had to choose between me and Swinton who would it be?" I replied "You know the answer to that one without even asking!"

#19 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

Rugby League teams will be playing Rugby Union Teams next !!!

#20 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 370 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:16 PM

Can anyone tell me if children are allowed tonight?  I have two young boys that would like to come as I have promised them both a shirt.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users