Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Scoreboard

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

#21 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,685 posts

Posted 08 April 2014 - 08:09 PM

Like Wakefield Ram, I am still finding it hard to believe it too. I think I would be like a kid with a new toy, were I to be operating the equipment. It's marvellous. I am sure improvements will be made as we progress.
Keep up the excellent work you two.
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#22 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 07:48 AM

We are like two kids sharing a new toy!

Please keep the feedback coming, and we'll try and improve the service as the season progresses.

#23 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 09:57 PM

Can you ensure that our score is always higher than that of the visiting team, or would that be considered as cheating? :onthequiet:

Ricochet!

#24 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,584 posts

Posted 09 April 2014 - 10:40 PM

Player sponsors would be great, but would be even better if the player I sponsored was back in the team!

I hereby start the Bring Back Louis Sherriff campaign.

#25 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:15 PM

Player sponsors would be great, but would be even better if the player I sponsored was back in the team!

I hereby start the Bring Back Louis Sherriff campaign.

We would also like to start showing the sponsor for each player. At the moment all we can show is what you see now. This being the club logo, player picture, squad number and player name.

The only way, at this time, that we can show the substitutes are to have those player names in brackets.

The speed that the teams are shown is also fixed. So they cannot be speeded up or slowed down. It would be nice if we could have the announcer run through the teams at the same time the players appear. But, the speed is too slow to do that at the moment.

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#26 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,425 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:14 PM

We would also like to start showing the sponsor for each player. At the moment all we can show is what you see now. This being the club logo, player picture, squad number and player name.

The only way, at this time, that we can show the substitutes are to have those player names in brackets.

The speed that the teams are shown is also fixed. So they cannot be speeded up or slowed down. It would be nice if we could have the announcer run through the teams at the same time the players appear. But, the speed is too slow to do that at the moment.

The software or the announcer?

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#27 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,684 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:35 PM

The software or the announcer?

Bit harsh that BSJ - for god's sake don't have GFDU taking his bat and ball home - you know the alternative :shout: .

#28 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,425 posts

Posted 12 April 2014 - 07:57 PM

Bit harsh that BSJ - for god's sake don't have GFDU taking his bat and ball home - you know the alternative :shout: .

:tongue: :tongue:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#29 ricochet

ricochet
  • Players
  • 80 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 06:08 PM

Got to keep Farrow off the mic. Embarrassing aint the word. At least Keith talks sense when he opens it.

Ricochet!

#30 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:32 PM

How much will it be to flash up a message to all my friends at dewsbury at half time?

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#31 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 14 April 2014 - 06:34 PM

Forgot to mention the message!!!

"Don't leave yet, you might get a consolation try in the second half" :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

#32 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:51 AM

Hi all,

Hopefully you heard the announcements yesterday.

We were unable to operate the scoreboard due to a communication issue.

The scoreboard was powering on but we were unable to get our laptop to connect to it using the wi-fi connection.

We're unsure what's caused the problem and there's nothing to suggest that it's anything to do with the ongoing construction work at that end of the ground. We don't think it's a major issue.

We're in contact with the engineers and we expect to have it working again in time for the home game against Swinton on 4 July.

Cheers,

Tom

#33 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,425 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:04 PM

Have you tried switching it off then switching it back on again?

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#34 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:16 PM

Have you tried switching it off then switching it back on again?

Yes!

#35 legin

legin
  • Players
  • 83 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:25 PM

Same 'fault'  for HWD hospital broadcasts  , nothing  for Sheffield game ,  but managed old phone land line match broadcast  v Doncaster ... Perhaps a telecommunications fault ?

#36 Netherton Ram

Netherton Ram
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 04:54 PM

I have been in contact with the scoreboard company Tom and I am waiting to hear back from the engineers.

It isn't a telecommunications fault as the scoreboard does not rely on any phone line or internet connection. It just runs on WiFi link between the laptop in the control room and the wireless link box behind the scoreboard screen.

The WiFi link was working as normal, but we just couldn't connect to the server/computer that is in the scoreboard itself.

Me and Tom had the front of the scoreboard open and switched things on and off and also re-connected cables. But, there is a lot going on behind the screen when you flip it open.

Hopefully we will have it fixed before the Swinton game, well it WILL be fixed put it that way!

ʎɐqǝ uo pɹɐoqʎǝʞ ɐ ʎnq ı ǝɯıʇ ʇsɐן ǝɥʇ sı sıɥʇ

#37 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 23 June 2014 - 08:23 PM

Has anybody fed the hamster supplying the power since it was installed?

#38 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,538 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 11:54 AM

Has anybody fed the hamster supplying the power since it was installed?

Its a bit sad Piglet it died after the Batley game.The thing is it had to work so hard to keep up with Rams score.It died of pure exhaustion.

#39 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,192 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:38 PM

Its a bit sad Piglet it died after the Batley game.The thing is it had to work so hard to keep up with Rams score.It died of pure exhaustion.

Touche :lol:

#40 Tom Coates

Tom Coates
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 01:01 PM

We tried shouting at it, throwing old shoes at it, but got nowhere. Hopefully the LED Synergy experts will have a more efficient solution.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users