TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

BARLA GAME IS ON

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 Dibble

Dibble
  • Coach
  • 713 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:07 AM

A pitch inspection has taken place and todays  game is definitely on,see you all there! 

Posted Image

#2 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Not for me it's not!
I got as far as Crewe and was told the best I could do wad Barrow at 17.30!
So I'm on my way home.
Best of luck to everyone.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:02 PM

the rail service really is ###### isn't it Ron

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 4,271 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

30 - 0 HT.

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

Full time 46-4. Gate just over 800. Ian Mort converted the first 6 of Barrow tries. He was not on the field after 7th try. Mort's kicks were all beauties. I thought the Barrow defence was spot on again.

Posted Image

#6 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

How did the BARLA local lads go?
And did any of the others catch the eye?
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#7 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,579 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

I'm just wondering whether anybody else went to the game considering the lack of messages.

I'd like somebodies view on whether Barrow were brilliant or BARLA very poor. Maybe a bit of both.The match was so one sided and played mainly in the BARLA half. As I said earlier the defence gives me the most satisfaction although the attack was good and there were a number of excellent tries.

All we can do now is look forward to our trip to North Wales next week.

Posted Image

#8 off the wall

off the wall
  • Coach
  • 602 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:34 PM

barrow played well. tackling was spot on and I think they had a little bit of a wake up call from last week. play the ball was quicker and move up at the play was also quicker. think team is starting to pick its self imo. thought liam Harrison was awesome again and covered the pitch like a Trojan warrior. good show today and barla although I thought a little bit light weight did themselves proud as they never gave in for all 80 mins.. thought the two leigh lads done well again. could do a good job for us this season. keep it up lads and roll on start of the season.

#9 SJD

SJD
  • Coach
  • 261 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

I don't think we learnt too  much from today, the result is what you would expect, Barrow were just fitter, stronger and quicker but I was disappointed they didn't put BARLA to the sword, it appeared around the hour mark they thought the job was done and took their foot off the gas, they must be more professional in future games.

Ian Mort proved to be an outstanding kicker, but I'm sorry to say we have to stop giving Liam Campbell the ball on the last tackle he is still a terrible kicker.  Morrison showed again he will be a great asset, it took 3 or 4 defenders to stop him every drive, he just needs building up a bit  :tongue:  

The one thing I did learn from today is I need a warmer coat, it was freezing  

#10 bar red

bar red
  • Coach
  • 120 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:59 PM

The result wasn`t what i was expecting, remember last year Barla Cumbria almost beat us and i was expecting a close game. Personally we took to the pitch with a professional approach, a good game plan which the players executed brilliantly. It will be a lot more difficult in the next few weeks but am more confident than at any time last year. A proper full back, good halves and hookers, 5 good props, class 2nd row, a bit more speed in the centres and its a very good team. More importantly,a coach the players seem to want to play for.

#11 pennington

pennington
  • Coach
  • 180 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:37 AM

Just think we're missing a top class center today, I think having a quality centre and grant on one wing could be awesome.

#12 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,182 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:31 AM

I thought we played well and at least looked more potent when attacking ... still not able to penetrate as well as the top 5 but hopefully will be able to score a few points against the teams around us.

Morrison (new nickname Tank) looks a real handful and Brewie has a good couple of stints as well. Bull was immense as usual. The two Leigh lads also aquitted themselves well again. Hope Lloyd isnt too badly injured as well as his arm was in a sling at the end!

Of the backs Mort stood out for me excellent under the high ball, solid in defence and came in to the line well. Wish we could just back up the ball carrier a little better.

Nice to see Nico on the field and coming in to carry the ball a few times from acting half/1st carrier.

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#13 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:13 AM

Good performance but missing a class centre (shaw)

#14 Bearman

Bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,618 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

Good performance but missing a class centre (shaw)

Your wishes have come true!!
Shaw on loan for a month.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#15 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:26 PM

Your wishes have come true!!
Shaw on loan for a month.

I already knew haha