TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Haven Game Off

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
19 replies to this topic

#1 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:28 AM

Haven game called off today due to water logged pitch!! very strange this, Town match on and the best ground in RL have to call a match off cause of a little bit of rain, well well, thought the Rec had great drainage!!!!

#2 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:38 AM

That can't be right. The Town match is on but the Haven game is off?

#3 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:06 AM

Aw poor jameaters, ain't karma a #####.

Not a good week for the tax/salad dodgers.

Edited by dkw, 09 February 2014 - 11:06 AM.

#4 ChunkyOnion

ChunkyOnion
  • Coach
  • 149 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:10 AM

Ha ha ha ha in aeternum
Surf dudes with attitudes, (Kinda groovy), Laid back moods. Sky above, sand below (Good vibrations), Feelin' mellow. Won't give it up, Don't wanna stop....Don't wake me up, Don't wake me up if I'm dreamin', California dreams, Just let me lay here in the sun, Until my dream is done

#5 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 780 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

That can not possibly be right, Town playing when Haven aren't, I mean just
look at this insightful post from an Haven fan last week.

At least Haven are playing. Yesterday Kells and the Brow played. Just shows what a shocking pitch you have and by the way Haven won

:laugh:  :laugh:

#6 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:10 PM

What! ! The rec is unplayable due to the weather? It was in perfect condition when our wigan game was called off. Thats strange but I suppose it gives their fans more much needed time to go to the gym.

#7 PLD

PLD
  • Coach
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

I wouldn't call the Wreck a pitch, more like a swamp

Rugby League must be a great game to survive the fools at the RFL who run it.

#8 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

Bkm last week:-
"Didnt realise a coach could call a game off :D"

Bkm this week:-
"SLteams call the shots and are just not used to playing on pitches that are less than firm under foot"

So, hypocrite or moron. Only you the jury can decide....

#9 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 702 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:03 PM

Hahahah, he who laughs last and all that!! LOL

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,354 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:07 PM

SL teams are not used to playing on pitches not firm under foot ... They do play in February and Match when even the best pitches are very heavy at times do they not ??

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

Those childish comments from the 40 something year old children have come back to bite their bums!!!! But of course this is totally different to our game - different sort of rain at Whitehaven, I think.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:50 PM

I was by the wreck today watching my Larl boys football so had a look and not a puddle on the pitch

#13 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Apparently if it had been a league game it would have went ahead. Lots of disappointed fans in the land of the obese. One calling for compensation!

#14 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,856 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

Compensation? Probably wants it in cream cakes.

#15 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

Compensation? Probably wants it in cream cakes.

and big macs lol

#16 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:20 PM

And Greggs ;)

#17 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

Those childish comments from the 40 something year old children have come back to bite their bums!!!! But of course this is totally different to our game - different sort of rain at Whitehaven, I think.

Watch out Keith, there's a witch hunt out for you on We Ate All The Pies. com, remember they have the best team, ground, staff, kit, weather, pie shops, chippies, take a ways, in the world you cant say anything that might upset them, or they wont like It ;)

#18 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:37 PM

Sticks and stones, etc, etc. Whatever makes them happy.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#19 Recre Rooster

Recre Rooster
  • Players
  • 14 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:31 AM

And some 70 something year old children! Touché !

#20 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:11 AM

And some 70 something year old children! Touché !

another new haven username. Why dont you just use the username you use on obesity.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users