Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Town v Egremont - guess the score

• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 432 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Sandy Kerridge started on the wing and was announced. Cant remember the name of the other Penrith fella, he looked handy though. Would sign them both. Cant remember any others i didn't know already

Edit - thought 33 was the other Penrith lad but was wrong. Fearon defo needs signed imho

Edited by Monkeydo, 09 February 2014 - 05:37 PM.

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Well we had 2 from penrith I take it and who were the rest?

We set off with
Carter, Lyttleton (PRU), Morris, Connor, Kerridge (PRU), Forber, Phillips C, Coward, Lucock, McGoff, Shackley, Rooney, Duerden. Subs :- Haney, Lupton, McAvoy, Gaskell, Rowlandson, Stack, Olstrum, (No. 33 Fearon), Rowlandson

I think that was it.

Edited by Keith T, 09 February 2014 - 06:56 PM.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

The other Penrith lad, Lyttleton, was named in the subs but the right winger was announced at the start as Haney but he was on the subs bench so I presumed the right winger was Fearon.

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

The other Penrith lad, Lyttleton, was named in the subs but the right winger was announced at the start as Haney but he was on the subs bench so I presumed the right winger was Fearon.

fearon is definitely number 33.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 kh80

kh80
  • Facebook
  • 33 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Fearon is a prop can't see him ever playing as a winger

#26 butchupthetown

butchupthetown
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Brad Fearan was number 33 and he was the prop.
Sandy & Ben both started todays game on the wing.
Ben left the field not long after he scored due to his lower back tighten up.
Was a good hit out for us, and important we got another game in before next week.
Well done to Egremont they gave us a game right until the final whistle.

#27 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:09 PM

Brocklebank would be a lovely addition to the squad!!
Carter look like the carter of old too

#28 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Brocklebank would be a lovely addition to the squad!!
Carter look like the carter of old too

yeah Brett was back to his best,long may it continue. Any chance any of the 3 trialists getting signed up butch.

#29 butchupthetown

butchupthetown
  • Players
  • 46 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:24 PM

We are looking closley at them (along with other players) we have held conversations and its down to the players to step up and demonstrate they are what we are looking for at town. Its early days so once they settle in and learn our processes and if we like them, they like us you never know.

#30 kiln7

kiln7
  • Coach
  • 807 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:40 PM

not a bad crowd today was told just over 6 hundred.

#31 Fat lad

Fat lad
  • Workington
  • 45 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

Wingers were Ben and sandy from Penrith Union

#32 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:00 PM

Isn't Brad Fearon already on Town's books at the Lillyhall Academy?

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

let's hope so. He looks promising. Not sure we need 2 more wingers though, a position were pretty covered in.

#34 kieran

kieran
  • Coach
  • 201 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

Yes been training for 2 week with town.  An experienced player has been helping him as a mentor during training, also playing for the Cumbria academy as a prop, 18 years old.

#35 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:56 PM

Wasn't sold on JPB, one nice kick over the top and a big hit on Forber  wasn't enough for me sorry, was told he was having a year out of rugby, when I was told he was playing I was really looking forward to seeing what he could do, would have to do more for me, unless he came cheap!

#36 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 840 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Don't thibk brocklebank has been training too much this season but he would be a guaranteed assett as would a few from WBH or kells but the switch to the semi pro isn't for them

#37 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,779 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:28 PM

He was on the go all the time organising them. I would like to see him behind a good pack.

#38 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

A good run out and some good play. Well done to the mont for battling to the end.

#39 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,410 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:12 PM

I thought shacks had an excellent game in the 1st half. Looks suited to prop.

#40 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

Yep Shacks had a good first half, young Gaskell put in some good tackles as did Dan Rooney, was pleased with the hit out it will have done the boys good also well done the Mont played till the end and never gave in, our amateur game has some good young talent in it, well done all, oh and  a good turn out by the fans to.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users