Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Rams 11 Fev 10 - Discussion, photos and video highlights here

• Please log in to reply
96 replies to this topic

#61 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:54 PM

Well played Dewsbury....defence all game was phenominal. After the effort in defence in the first half I thought you would have run out of gas but I was proved wrong.....agree with comments about taking the penalty goals....I think Bastian really didn't show dewsbury the respect they deserved by not taking these shots at goal as it was always going to be a tight encounter on a tight pitch in very heavy conditions....

#62 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,614 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:06 PM

Great defensive effort from the Rams today. I thought we would fade towards the end, but they stuck at it. One of the best defensive performances for a long time. Have to admit a bit surprised Fev didn't go for a couple of easy penalties early, I was expecting it to be close and Fev turned down some easy points.

Thought. Thackeray was outstanding today, spotting on defence and creative on attack. Was my MOM by a long way.

Good crowd, thanks to all the Fev fans, great atmosphere, electronic scoreboard looked good even if there were a few technical problems and it didn't rain. Still think Fev will finish top given their strength in depth, but a deserved win for the Rams today if only for their defence.

Edited by Wakefield Ram, 16 February 2014 - 07:09 PM.

#63 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,090 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

what can i say. when you were defending your line you were awesome. the result could have gone either way but you deserved it. very impressed by your fitness and work ethic. i thought you 31 had a good game.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#64 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

wasnt that Hyde ? Cant work out why our former water carrier hemmingway gets in before hyde

#65 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:39 PM

Amazing first half line defence and lack of respect by Rovers in not taking two points from penalties. Could have gone either way in the second half, but Rams deserved it through defence alone. Good crowd. Most of the Fev fans were sound, but we had to endure a few foul mouthed tirades by a few of them. I expected a tight game beforehand and I wasn't wrong. Makes this season look interesting already.

#66 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,119 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

wasnt that Hyde ? Cant work out why our former water carrier hemmingway gets in before hyde

You would if you watched Rams last year !

#67 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:06 PM

erm.....only at PO Road....now that was a less close game !!
Anyway good luck for the rest of the season I am sure you will do well if you play with that desire.

#68 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:07 PM

Faultless...

Only disappointment today

We didn't get 13 ;)

#69 FarOutRam

FarOutRam
  • Coach
  • 241 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:11 PM

Faultless...

Only disappointment today

We didn't get 13 ;)

That was a shocking miss :)

#70 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:41 PM

Thought our defence was awesome and might have cracked earlier. Keeping it to 0-0 at HT, was the game changer for me. What a boost to be level after all that first half pressure.

Fantastic team performance and the quality we've recruited, along with those from last season, with a year more experience, looks like we have a very sound base to build on.

8 of our starting 13, started same game last season, which is not something's that happens often at Dewsbury.

It's only one game, but great if we can add to it over the next 3 games before challenge cup and then Eagles
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#71 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Sounds like an amazing performance. Unlike ours, which wasn't!

#72 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Very gracious of you kind sir
Can't have been a very pleasurable afternoon from our friends across the valley

One down long season to go and Batley will learn from today's defeat... Which in reality... Was far worse than any of us expected...

You'll get it right next game I'm sure chairman.

Thank you again for the gratitude

#73 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,440 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

As you  know chairman its the occasional outstanding performance that keeps us all going . regarding the dogs at leigh i half expected a bit of a mauling today , after all the dogs preparation this week has been a bit disrupted to say the least and a lot of people dont seem to recognise just how well leigh are staffed up this season . A lot of teams are going to be blasted by leigh in my opinion . Atop five or six finish to  this season would be in my opinion be seen as a success , anything more from my perspective  marvellous . 

#74 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,953 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

The funny thing is - the score surprised us a bit in the car, but it wasn't a shock. Morrison has gone about his business quietly and diligently and is clearly doing ok.

Leigh were VERY good today and we were a bit poor. Hopefully a blip, but time will tell.

#75 Flying 5

Flying 5
  • Coach
  • 114 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

Congratulations and thank you to both teams who delivered a feast to feed the souls of all true Rugby League fans. The game was magnificent, no quarter asked or given. A real blood and thunder encounter. It's a shame that one team had to lose.

Well done Dewsbury, well done Morro I am smacking my lips at the season that is to come. 

#76 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Well, what a brilliant time to be a Rams fan.

We beat Bradford and they said we beat an academy side, we then went on and beat Castleford and still people doubted us.

Today we beat Featherstone in what some are calling one of the best ever games at the Tetleys stadium.

That first half was pretty much one way traffic with Featherstone throwing absolutely everything at us, that we kept them out is definitive of the spirit that runs right through our team and is materialised in defence. As the hooter sounded for a scoreless half time the entire main stand stood to join the rest of the ground applaud the teams off the field.

The second half was a mixture of pressure and nail biting nerves, but will anyone ever forget that single moment when Thackeray kicked the field goal. When every Dewsbury fan within the South stand jumped up and down, grabbed those nearest to them and celebrated being a Rams fan.

This year we have shouted from the roof tops and people have tried to dampen us, they thought today would be our reckoning but we stood united as a team,  as supporters, as a club and we kicked off the season with a phenomenal win.

We can't predict what will happen next, but for now we can celebrate a fantastic performance, an outstanding game, and a great start to our 2014 journey.

Keep believing!

Thank you for your support :drinks:

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#77 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Well done Dewsbury to with stand all that attack in the first half and go in without letting a try in was an excellent team performance You deserved the win the minute we decided we were too good to take the penalties under the post

Good luck for the rest of the season

#78 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 355 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:11 PM

yes in hindsight a very 'disrespectful'blunder by the coach.....one of them was with only a minute left on the clock......

Edited by Deano44, 16 February 2014 - 11:12 PM.

#79 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:35 PM

Watch again here:

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#80 Monkbar

Monkbar
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:54 PM

The stand out thing for me in todays performance was coming back when we finally cracked and they scored earlyish in the second half. I really expected the heads to drop a bit then, I know mine did, but tremendous credit for that not happening. Twice!!

Edited by Monkbar, 16 February 2014 - 11:54 PM.