Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

today

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 05:40 PM

Great effort today boys, and I mean boys.
nowhere near being outclassed against a full eagles team.
If we play like that this season, I dont think the fans will be disappointed.
But we still have to put up with inept referees.
Well done boys.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:21 PM

A good performance from the Knights today, plenty of effort and commitment, which as a supporter is all you can ask for. The match officials were very poor and at one point the Seagulls seemed to be playing American Football. Does anyone know where or marquee signing was?

#3 YCKonstantine

YCKonstantine
  • Coach
  • 1,392 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

A good performance from the Knights today, plenty of effort and commitment, which as a supporter is all you can ask for. The match officials were very poor and at one point the Seagulls seemed to be playing American Football. Does anyone know where or marquee signing was?

Marquee signing?

It's time to park the camels.

#4 BIG IAN

BIG IAN
  • Coach
  • 2,995 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

If you mean a certain mr morrison, spoke to GT on the subject and he is making an appearance next week.
As for mr golden your guess is as good as mine.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#5 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,076 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 06:51 PM

Great display from your lads today, really thought you had em until the last few minutes, well done, ill put a few pics up tonight and loads tomorrow

#6 blackknight

blackknight
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:03 PM

On holiday so missed today's game. What was the score?

#7 Shadow45

Shadow45
  • Coach
  • 4,847 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

On holiday so missed today's game. What was the score?

18-24 to the Seagulls

#8 trig

trig
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

Excellent performance from the lads today was great to watch,
Is just a shame the 3 clowns in green could not put in a performance to match.
If this is the quality of refs for this season god help us.

#9 blackknight

blackknight
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:31 PM

18-24 to the Seagulls

Thanks Shadow. Considering the relative positions of the 2 teams a much better result than expected. 

#10 andyacko

andyacko
  • Coach
  • 4,078 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Spoke to Jas Golden today - should be playing next Sunday.

Knights'

Haynes: Elliott; Ford; Minkin (T12); L.Hardcastle: P.Smith; Presley;Joynt; Lee; Aldous (SB9): Mallinder (T47); Crane (C12): Bell

Subs: Brining; E Smith. B.Hardcastle (C48 T54 C55); Pickles; Morland

Eagles

Laulu-Togagae; Turner; Yere (T79)' Hanson (T23); Taulapapa (T19): Walker; Brambani (C62 C77): Scott; (76) Henderson; Stringer (T61); Garside; Green (SB9): Knowles

Subs; Burns; Blagbrough, Hope, Straugheir,Haddon, Ford, Palmer, Squire

Knights went ahead when a clever angled Pat Smith grubber kick behind the Sheffield defensve line allowed Greg Minikin to touch down, Ben Crane converting. Austin Bell was very impressive for the Knights up to taking a knock around 20 minutes in. Taulapapa replied for the visitors at the quarter mark after Jack Pickles conceded a penalty.and Corey Hanson put them into the lead four minutes later.

The game was a very cometitive affair which had seen a player from each side yellow carded after a flare-up in a tackle.

James Ford's cute slipped pass to George Elliott looked to have put the home side back in front but it was crossed off for an apparent forward pass.

The hard working Ryan Mallinder burst over for a try for the Knights seven minutes after the break which Ben Hardcastle converted. Hardcastle was proving a real problem for the Sheffield defence with his elusive running and speed of pass and it was little surprise when a clever step and some strength saw him put the Knights 18-8 up after he added the two. Minikin, who looks better with every game was held up over the Eagles line on 72 but the Eagles MOM Mitch Stringer went in under the posts to reduce the arrears on the hour and two tries in the last five minutes for Conor Scott and Menzie Yere snatched an unlikely looking win for Mark Aston's side. 18-24.

Referee Tom Crashley

Att 400

Knights MOM Jack Aldous

Eagles Mitch Stringer

Gary Thornton said afterwards that he thought that his side had done enough to earn the win their efforts deserved and was very pleased with the middle unit who competed well all day.He also said that the good form of his pivots may well prove a real selection problem. He said that he expected Jas Golden and Iain Morrison to play next Sunday and that Lee Patterson was missing due to a back injury. The most serious knock during the game was a Jack Lee thumb injury which needed assessing.

#11 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:58 AM

Really impressed by that performance yesterday, not seen many better

pre-season efforts as good as that in the last few years, more than happy

with the commitment in defence, but also played some really good stuff &

got the ball wide a lot to cause a class team loads of problems

Based on what I saw yesterday, think we might give the side spending all

their cash in one season a really good run for their money...

#12 Progman

Progman
  • Coach
  • 319 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:54 AM

With our luck Oldham will findout how to win a playoff

#13 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:00 PM

With our luck Oldham will findout how to win a playoff

Don't think you need to worry too much with the squad you have got there

#14 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:28 PM

A very encouraging display from the lads and well worth going to see. I don't normally bother much with the friendlies for the same reasons a lot of fans don't but I was glad I made the effort for this one. We still had a few out too, Patto, Golden, Morrison and Freer to name but four. Apart from being undeserved losers, the only other disappointment was the attendance of 400 but like shades and I mentioned on here last week, the very fair admission price of £10 and £5 for concessions just wasn't publicised enough and if you try and tell me again that it was in the Press Gav., you'll have to say where and when because I didn't see it! We even had a guy on here asking how much to get in and he didn't get a reply either. 

#15 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

A very encouraging display from the lads and well worth going to see. I don't normally bother much with the friendlies for the same reasons a lot of fans don't but I was glad I made the effort for this one. We still had a few out too, Patto, Golden, Morrison and Freer to name but four. Apart from being undeserved losers, the only other disappointment was the attendance of 400 but like shades and I mentioned on here last week, the very fair admission price of £10 and £5 for concessions just wasn't publicised enough and if you try and tell me again that it was in the Press Gav., you'll have to say where and when because I didn't see it! We even had a guy on here asking how much to get in and he didn't get a reply either. 

Had a similar discussion on Sunday about publishing the weekly lottery

winners, so starting yesterday I will get an e-mail each week with the winners on it & put it on the ''Bits of news'' topic each week.

But we really do need the new club website to be up & running

asap to clarify prices, kick off time etc, etc

#16 AndyHall

AndyHall
  • Coach
  • 605 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:53 AM

But we really do need the new club website to be up & running

asap to clarify prices, kick off time etc, etc

#17 Gav Wilson

Gav Wilson
  • Coach
  • 3,293 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:24 PM

I know fellas, I can only apologise.

Its taken much, much longer than I thought it would thanks to its infuriating image uploading software and having lots of images to upload.

Plus my head really hasn't been fully in the game over the last few months. Now my divorce papers are through (today of all days!) hopefully I'll be able to focus more.

All the work I do for the Knights is completely voluntary though, so please bear with me!

I promise you will very soon have a website to be proud of, and our social media interaction will continue to grow at a rate of knots.

Sorry if I've shared too much there! Haha.

Gav x

Posted Image

#18 Clarence St

Clarence St
  • Coach
  • 326 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Sorry to hear that Gav. You've obviously been having a tough time. Good luck in the future.

#19 shades2

shades2
  • Coach
  • 3,253 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:04 AM

Sorry to hear that Gav. You've obviously been having a tough time. Good luck in the future.

Same here- thanks Gav

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users