If

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:35 PM

If I was john kear I'd show the players the Leigh forum, some and I say some of their supporters posts/predictions for next Sunday , Charlie caroli really doesn't like us says we're a spoiling team and john couldn't coach a dog to sit up straight. Really hope we go there and stick it to them like we done before and shut their big gobs up !!!!!

#2 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:53 PM

Charlie C as his name suggests is a clown! He's Leigh's version of Coolie :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#3 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Charlie Caroli is (ironically) an absolute clown. His posts are of no value as he is from the Coolie/Equalizer/Rombo school of anti-Batley diatribe.

I think most Leythers are actually not too bad, and I'm sure they are fully aware that they aren't in for an easy ride Sunday.

(I'm off to have a look now though just to wind myself up!!! :-))

#4 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

CC has always claimed that about us, and I suppose he is entitled to his opinion like everyone else. I am not sure how they will play this season, but what I would say is that when Millward coached them, they always seemed to have a very clear, and strongly coached, even over coached,  plan A, but when things went wrong, seemed to struggle for a plan B.

As for the predictions of an easy win, well to be fair they are the most optimistic supporters in the league. And not much wrong with that. Saying that, I hope we go and beat them next Sunday, and we quite often turn them over at their place.

And the John Kear thing, well really!!!

Edited by distantdog, 09 February 2014 - 08:16 PM.

#5 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,352 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 08:26 PM

Leigh sports village is a very happy hunting ground for the Bulldogs and I think they are very afraid of the dogs. A close game but all three points for the Grand finalists of 2013, which wasn't Leigh :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:03 PM

One recurring theme on other forums is that we have recruited 'poorly', bringing in 'mediocre' players to replace those who've left.

What that opinion actually translates as is ; 'Batley have brought in players who aren't that well known, therefore I'm going to assume that - because I've never heard of them and they haven't come straight out of Super League, they must be rubbish.'

Sam Scott, for example, is a terrific second rower and one of the very best in this league despite not being a household name. The fact that in 2013 he played for a club that was relegated does not, by default, make him 'poor' or 'mediocre'. The same goes for Scott Leatherbarrow.

Edited by TheTerminator, 09 February 2014 - 09:08 PM.

Posted Image

#7 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

You are a spoiling team. I've lost count of how many times you've spoiled our party in vital games! ;) Thank goodness next Sunday isn't a play-off game.

Rest assured that the Leigh coaching team will know how tough it's going to be - even Charlie 'knows' that! ;)

#8 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

One recurring theme on other forums is that we have recruited 'poorly', bringing in 'mediocre' players to replace those who've left.

What that opinion actually translates as is ; 'Batley have brought in players who aren't that well known, therefore I'm going to assume that - because I've never heard of them and they haven't come straight out of Super League, they must be rubbish.'

Yup. Actually, our recruitment method seems to have followed the same pattern of previous years, that of taking on young lads from SL backgrounds or decent lads from teams around us, to be then moulded into decent prospects. I am sure Gledhill, Leatherbarrow, Scott et al will be just as decent as Mennell, Flanagan, Walton and that group of recruits.

#9 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

You are all mistaking our supporters' confidence for arrogance - it's a confidence that justifiably springs from having lost ALL of our pre-season games. ;)

#10 ernieone

ernieone
  • Coach
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:09 PM

Very similar to most seasons, who right in there mind would expect Batley to compete with the top teams in the Championship?

Some teams have bigger budgets than us, other teams have massive budgets compared to us.

We have replaced approx 10 players we would consider as first team regulars.

We have had to replace key members of our backroom staff.

We have smaller average support than a number of teams substantially less than others in the top 6 (apart from Sheffield).

We do the best from other incomes produced from our limited facilities but cant compete with other teams in the championship.

We are allowed one overseas player unlike teams/team in "development area/areas" and probably would not have the finance to sign any if we could.

BISSA do a sterling job raising money to attract better players but cant compete with for example Leigh's equivalent fund raisers.

Only 1 win last season against the top 4 sides (8 matches) last  season. 

So what hope have we got  ;)

"Batley Bulldogs, Championship final 2013" 

"The Great Escape 2014"

2015 ?

1950s Gallant Youth, 2000 Bulldog

#11 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,744 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 09:32 AM

Everyone at Leigh is expecting a tough game, especially with your 6/7 Huddersfield lads in the team and them not playing that weekend ;)

#12 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:45 AM

Ignoring the feeble attempt at humour/dig, not everyone at yours expects much of a game.

#13 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:59 AM

Everyone at Leigh is expecting a tough game, especially with your 6/7 Huddersfield lads in the team and them not playing that weekend ;)

Only allowed 5 dual reg players, theyre all 19/20 year olds very much doubt anymore than 2 will play if any

#14 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:19 PM

Spoiling team" that term must apply to our ability to beat leigh when it counts. Hilton park and lsv defeats to Leigh have obviously hurt the letheyers deep.

Batley bulldogs oh the audacity!

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#15 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:21 PM

Is there any spare seats on this bandwagon

Or do you have to book???

;)

#16 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Hark at you princess. You are back to having a bit of cash on the hip and they're back to being the missing SL link. I wouldn't mind so much, but after the numerous DR player's Leigh have furnished there squad with over the last few years from Warrington and Wigan, and then you have the cheek to have a pop at us. JEEZ!!! How quick you forget.

Perhaps you can help me out a bit by answering, how you managed to sign the 28 players in your first team squad for under the £300k salary cap? That equates to less than £11k a season, you can bet there will be great service in the pie hut, ticket office and Souvenir shop at LSV. By the looks of things all the players wives will be working in them.

The old expenses are likely to take a battering this season ;)

I can't imagine Penky, Beswick, Brown, Thornley, Brierley and Emmit are playing for an average salary of £10700 per season can you?!?!?! But I guess "Adolf" Littler and McNally are playing for the love of the game. 

I BeLEIGHve there could be bit of creativity in the books at Leigh. Just an opinion mind.

Do Leigh use the same firm of accountants as Jimmy Carr and Ken Dodd? I think we should try them out next season, they seem to have worked more magic than Dynamo!!!  ;)

How long will it take before this bubble bursts and the money has dried up? It's not like its happened before is it, oh wait a minute....

Just remember pal, there is no Gateshead to save you this time!!!!  

Edited by DOGFATHER, 10 February 2014 - 05:24 PM.

#17 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,665 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Will brown have a blinder or do we know his flaws in order to make him wish he never laced his boots that afternoon

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#18 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:22 PM

Will brown have a blinder or do we know his flaws in order to make him wish he never laced his boots that afternoon

Well I'm no coach but he is shocking under the high ball. I still wish we had him lining up for us though.

Edited by DOGFATHER, 10 February 2014 - 05:23 PM.

#19 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Hark at you princess. You are back to having a bit of cash on the hip and they're back to being the missing SL link. I wouldn't mind so much, but after the numerous DR player's Leigh have furnished there squad with over the last few years from Warrington and Wigan, and then you have the cheek to have a pop at us. JEEZ!!! How quick you forget.

Perhaps you can help me out a bit by answering, how you managed to sign the 28 players in your first team squad for under the £300k salary cap? That equates to less than £11k a season, you can bet there will be great service in the pie hut, ticket office and Souvenir shop at LSV. By the looks of things all the players wives will be working in them.

The old expenses are likely to take a battering this season ;)

I can't imagine Penky, Beswick, Brown, Thornley, Brierley and Emmit are playing for an average salary of £10700 per season can you?!?!?! But I guess "Adolf" Littler and McNally are playing for the love of the game.

I BeLEIGHve there could be bit of creativity in the books at Leigh. Just an opinion mind.

Do Leigh use the same firm of accountants as Jimmy Carr and Ken Dodd? I think we should try them out next season, they seem to have worked more magic than Dynamo!!! ;)

How long will it take before this bubble bursts and the money has dried up? It's not like its happened before is it, oh wait a minute....

Just remember pal, there is no Gateshead to save you this time!!!!

Brilliant!

Posted Image

#20 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,748 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:29 PM

Well I'm no coach but he is shocking under the high ball. I still wish we had him lining up for us though.

Well I am no John Kear (so CC probably thinks I am a better coach) but I reckon the key to Alex Brown is to kick the ball behind him and get him turning. He turns about as quickly as a cross channel ferry. The problem is when he gets the ball with a bit of space in front of him because he will be hard to stop.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users