Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Team and predictions for Donny at home!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#21 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Probably about as much as me about the kids at Wigan , wonder !! If is a big word in sport .. And hope !!

Edited by DavidM, 10 February 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#22 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Next couple of days will put to bed all the speculation and then we can all start putting the team sheets on the board.
I'd like to think we will give every team a game at DP again this season, so winning against those fighting for 9th is a must.
28-18 will do nicely for first game of the season.
The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#23 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

Hi keith

been reading the forum mate with interest over the winter and its good to see your putting together a decent squad.  Six hull lads today in Donny's squad , but I believe after speaking with a decent Donny bloke that the majority are in the same position as maybe ,Lawton,Gore,Hulme & Gilmour from Widnes. Young academy lads gaining experience, and TBF when they put them on in the second half they got destroyed , especially in the pack. 

Waller will be a massive loss for them , he came off the bench and there intensity went up three fold . I was surprised as I know numerous SL clubs have shown big interest in him and didn't expect him to be still there ?  anyhow after racing to a 10point lead they showed little else ,  and there right edge didn't put a finger on Declan all the game . If you put in anything like a performance next week then I cant see how that team could turn you over and I will certainly be having a few quid if your getting 20

get it right mate there was no D,R players playing the only players we had playing from hull are on donnys books

Edited by onandon, 10 February 2014 - 06:47 PM.

#24 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

get it right mate there was no D,R players playing the only players we had playing from hull are on donnys books

Ah you mean like Swinton had with Warrington last year,where Warrington released players to the smaller club to then re-sign them.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#25 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:18 PM

get it right mate there was no D,R players playing the only players we had playing from hull are on donnys books

Was only going off what one of your obviously ill informed spectators was telling me , Wouldn't know a hull acdamey or DR player if I fell over them . Shame really cause if they perform again like they did in the second half you would have wished they was DR so you could send em back . 

#26 weighman

weighman
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

We have a lot of Hull born players in our squad , but , they are all on our (Doncaster) books.

Not saying we will not have any in on Sunday.

Until we have an academy & u20 sides we will have to import players , we donot have a strong amateur game in South Yorkshire !

Good luck for 2014

#27 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

Doncaster First team squad for 2014:
1 Michael Butterfield - FB
2 Stewart Sanderson - WG
3 Liam Welham - CE
4 Nev Morrison - CE
5 Dave Scott - WG
6 Paul Cooke - SO
7 Danny Nicklas - SH
8 Mark Castle - PR
9 Kyle Kesik © - HK
10 Brett Waller - PR knee injury
11 Lee Waterman - SR, CE wrist injury
12 Michael Kelly - SR
13 Mike Emmett © - LF, SR
14 Russell Spiers - SR
15 Scott Spaven - SH, HK
16 Craig Robinson - SR, PR
17 Grant Edwards - LF recent knee operation
18 Ryan Wilson - WG, CE
19 Liam Cunningham - CE
20 Shaun Leaf - CE
21 Matt Carbutt - PR
22 Andy Ward - SR
23 Richard Wilkinson - LF
25 Alex Starling - FB
They will really miss Waller if the injury is as bad as their local papers report.
Note that they also have two Captains. Kyle Kesik and Mike Emmett were named as co-captains by head coach Paul Cooke and will lead the team for the 2014 season together. Paul promises not to interfere with any of their decisions during the matches.

Edited by Supporter, 12 February 2014 - 09:44 PM.

#28 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,131 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:47 PM

2 captains? How daft can u get

#29 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 08:53 PM

Hopefully Waller and Watermans injuries aren't serious but keep them out on Sunday ... They still wake me up in cold sweats !

#30 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:14 PM

Sunday 16 February
Kingstone Press Championship Match Preview

Workington Town v Doncaster (3.00pm)

Workington Town trio Jason Mossop (hamstring), Elliott Miller (knee) and Brett Carter (dead leg) will all be assessed before Sunday’s Kingstone Press Championship fixture against Doncaster.
Town coach Gary Charlton has warned his players not to relax at any point during the coming season.
Charlton said: “If you’re down by 10 per cent in any game this year then you’ll get a touch up. That’s how good the teams are in this competition.
“Every week will be a challenge, and every point will matter come the end of the season.
“There’s going to be so much fighting to keep out of that bottom five, but we’ve trained hard and we’re looking forward to getting going.”
Doncaster coach Paul Cooke also has plenty of injury concerns ahead of the trip to Cumbria.
He said: “We’ve picked up some injuries last week (against North Wales). We’ll have to make checks on Brett Waller, Lee Waterman, Kyle Kesik and Scott Spaven to name just four. It’s not ideal for us because they look like being medium-term injuries.”
But Cooke has praised his squad’s commitment and effort during the off-season.
He said: “We’ve changed a great deal as a club. We’ve brought in a new play-book and brought in new calls and different set-plays. The players have been very receptive to that, and we’ve also worked very hard on our defence.”
He added: “We know we’re in for a battle on Sunday. It’s not going to be the greatest pitch, it’ll be nice and tight and we know they’re going to give it to us. Mentally we’ve got to be well-prepared and physically we’ve got to take that into the game.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#31 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,331 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

We badly need some good news to pep us up .

#32 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:33 PM

I'm sure we will here something soon

#33 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

I'm sure we will here something soon

You having a laugh.

#34 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

You having a laugh.

Why would I be having a laugh? I'm sure the club are trying their hardest to bring players in

#35 KickButtowski

KickButtowski
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

There will be some good news before the Donny match........... Definately !!

#36 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,150 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:29 PM

Good

#37 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,167 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

definitely maybe, there's 100% chance that something possibly could happen.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#38 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 809 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:36 PM

Dont build our hopes up marra, I hope their is but how many times have we heared that we are going to hear something, is it just a sellafield crack again?

#39 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

Hopefully Waller and Watermans injuries aren't serious but keep them out on Sunday ... They still wake me up in cold sweats !

Waller's is serious mate , they was chatting 6 months after the game last Sunday , Looked nasty as well. Pity for the lad as he really is a man mountain

#40 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:53 PM

Sunday 16 February
Kingstone Press Championship Match Preview

Workington Town v Doncaster (3.00pm)

Workington Town trio Jason Mossop (hamstring), Elliott Miller (knee) and Brett Carter (dead leg) will all be assessed before Sunday’s Kingstone Press Championship fixture against Doncaster.

If those three are missing then it is time to panic unless we get some good news in next couple of days.

The only positive news is that they have injuries as well.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users