Team and predictions for Donny at home!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
100 replies to this topic

#41 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:04 PM

Why would I be having a laugh? I'm sure the club are trying their hardest to bring players in

I am sure they are Scott, but a statement from the club about what is happening now and again would help, its all just hear say and what folk have "been told off me marra" I just dont think it is helping the club in the long term supporters not knowing what is happening, are we in DR with Wigan are we looking at season long loans, all we ask for is some information/news thats all.

#42 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:19 PM

Why do supporters think they have divine right to expect to be told who a club are or aren't talking to? The press generally report things but any club worth their salt don't as it's unprofessional. Charlo has already said the club are looking but again wasn't specific which I wouldn't expect him to be as again it's disrespectful. If people want to know what's going on why not join the board of directors I'm sure they'll know.

#43 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

It's disrespectful if the players are attached to clubs but it's not if there free agents. It's more of a case of not wanting others to be aware of who were after.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#44 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Why do supporters think they have divine right to expect to be told who a club are or aren't talking to? The press generally report things but any club worth their salt don't as it's unprofessional. Charlo has already said the club are looking but again wasn't specific which I wouldn't expect him to be as again it's disrespectful. If people want to know what's going on why not join the board of directors I'm sure they'll know.

I understand Geordie that the club cant give names of players but whats wrong in letting us know if we are in some form of DR with other clubs, as for unprofessional well theres a certain haven fan who seems to know most of our news before we Town fans do, dont think he is on the board !

#45 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:39 PM

Agreed. Wouldn't have thought there'd be many decent free agents left though.

#46 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,422 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

There's a difference between making an official announcement and telling someone off the record though. I'd be amazed if we entered into DR at such a late stage though.

#47 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 636 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:02 PM

you probably have got somebody lined up from wigan for sunday apparently weve been offered gardner clough and hand for the keighley game but nothing official as been said you lot will probably be in the same boat

#48 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:37 PM

Rumours suggest that Lee Waterman may have a broken wrist, thus it is more and more likely that Doncaster will bring in DR players from Hull to strengthen and fill the gaps for the Town game. Further rumours suggest that the following three have been made available to Doncaster by Hull for Sunday:
Jay Pitts, LF
Dean Hadley, SR
Liam Kent Prop
Although come to think of it, the following abundant choices are also not in the Hull 19 squad this week.
Backs
1 Shannon McDonnell - FB, 2 Jason Crookes - W, 25 Tom Biggs - WG, 30 Harry Tyson-Wilson - SH, 31 Reece Dean - CE, 34 Jordan Rankin - SO
Forwards
10 Chris Green - PR, 12 Chris Tuson - SR,17 Liam Watts - PR, 29 Bobby Tyson-Wilson - PR.
Whatever team Doncaster field on Sunday, I have real faith in our club to field a really strong team (despite our own possible injuries) and subsequently go on to grab that so important first home win.
I am sure that tomorrow or Saturday we will all start to feel much more optimistic. Keep the faith!

#49 KickButtowski

KickButtowski
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:17 PM

Dont build our hopes up marra, I hope their is but how many times have we heared that we are going to hear something, is it just a sellafield crack again?

No sellafield cracks.I only deal in facts. There will be some good news before the Donny game :D

#50 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 1,004 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

No sellafield cracks.I only deal in facts. There will be some good news before the Donny game :D

I really do hope so KB, to start with a home win will be a massive  boost for everyone, I understand that we are only supporters and don't have a divine right to know everything that is going on but without us supporters we wouldn't have a club the same as if we didn't have people running our club, we all  want our club to do well, I am sure the board are doing there best to put the best possible team on the park.

I wont stop supporting the team I have supported for over 40 years because news is slow to come out, however much it frustrates me!!

#51 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:26 PM

Carter (if fit)
Haney or Murphy
Tierney
Connor
Miller (if fit)
Lupton
Callum
Coward
Matty
Shackley
Phillips
Stack
Olstrom

Lever
Rowlandson
Mcavoy
Mcgoff or Rooney

What 17 do you think we will see on Sunday

#52 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:38 PM

Carter
Murphy
Tierney
Connor ( kicker )
Miller
Lupton
Callum
Coward
Matty
Mcavoy
Stack
Big Brett
Olstrum

Shackley
Rowlandson
Lever
Big Red / Rooney

Edited by DavidM, 13 February 2014 - 09:38 PM.

#53 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:41 PM

Haney reprieved if injury and maybe interchange during game for a few sets at fullback to see Tierney to full effect . Pitch could be the real factor on Sunday though - not a day to judge silky skills !!! As Cooke thought he'd point out

Edited by DavidM, 13 February 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#54 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,667 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

I don't think lever deserves a place in the side over our lads, the other 2 have played in big games from Wigan, he has only played at under 19s and it's a big step up.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#55 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:47 PM

Carter
Murphy
Tierney
Connor ( kicker )
Miller
Lupton
Callum
Coward
Matty
Mcavoy
Stack
Big Brett
Olstrum

Shackley
Rowlandson
Lever
Big Red / Rooney

Not a bad team

#56 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:52 PM

You'd think if they're here they'll figure , or it's pointless . Not saying they should or shouldn't . Gee we've to many players !!!

Edited by DavidM, 13 February 2014 - 09:56 PM.

#57 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:57 PM

You'd think if they're here they'll figure , or it's pointless . Not saying they should or shouldn't . Gee we've to many players !!!

Haha!! 1-2 forwards and well be fine

#58 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:00 PM

Yeh a bit of experience in the front row and a bit of second row cover . Two Walnes still tick both boxes !!!

#59 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,283 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Yeh a bit of experience in the front row and a bit of second row cover . Two Walnes still tick both boxes !!!

they do indeed, my confidence is growing more and more as Sunday gets closer

#60 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,295 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:08 PM

Good good . With Batley next week and our home form so key to us it certainly is a biggy . Hope the pitch and conditions hold up

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users