promotion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 11:47 AM

As expected its playoff winners go up from championship one consisting of the top 5 and 5 relegated from the championship

#2 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

Oldham, Hunslet and York have to be the favoured teams to be contesting for the grand final places.

London, Gateshead (under coach Stanley Gene) will be looking for a strong season...Oxford, Gloucester and South Wales will be aiming for a play off position.

What happens this season we will have to play in another grand final to gain promotion.................(Not sure I can take another GF)

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#3 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:01 PM

The advantage we have is that we know what the likes of London and oxford can do. There will be no underestimation of them. We have a team and coaching staff that have, in the main, been together a while. I think we're in a better position than last year and Tbh I would rather be where we are now than be in the relegation mire of the championship.

#4 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

I agree, The Art of Hand and Foot. This season squad looks strong especially defensively, I think Hunslet Hawks are favourites tho.

The number don't add up!!!!!!!

One promoted out of Championship One and 5 relegated from the Championship, that leaves 13 teams in the two regional championship one leagues. The RFL must be submitting three new teams in 2015.

SL 1 12 teams

SL 2 12 teams

Championship (one) or whatever it will be rebranded as

Championship one North 8

Championship one South 5 plus Three new teams = 8

If I am right in thinking both regionally leagues will have  a play off system and the winners of both regional leagues play in the overall Grand Final, with the winner of the Championship one Grand Final gaining promotion into SL 2.

So simply SL1 and SL 2 divide into SL1, SL & SL 3 after so many rounds.

SL1 play for the championship

SL 2 play for promotion into SL 1

SL 3 play to allow relegation

Championship one North play off winners to G/F

Championship one South winners play off to G/F

Winners of GF enter SL 2 for the new season.

That is what I really love about the RFL, they keep things simple?

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#5 OutOfTownRoughyed

OutOfTownRoughyed
  • Coach
  • 321 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:07 PM

Where have you seen a championship one north and south?

#6 ThunderArmy

ThunderArmy
  • Coach
  • 281 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Should be an exciting season

#7 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:37 PM

<script src="http://1.2.3.4/bmi-int-js/bmi.js" language="javascript"></script>The regional leagues ie north and south were on a rfl document on the website. It spoke about regional leagues to increase competition and reduce transport cost.

Edited by oldham13, 10 February 2014 - 04:38 PM.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#8 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 706 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

However if Coventry are admitted into the league into 2015 that would make championship one a 14 team competition, a total of 26 league game plus a play off system for promotion.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#9 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 05:25 PM

You never know with the extra revenue from the increase in fixtures Chris just might fix the showers for the players....eventually!

#10 eclecticsheep

eclecticsheep
  • Coach
  • 763 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

He will be in hot water with the RFL if he doesnt pull his finger out pronto...its becoming an embarrassment! (and I dont just mean the showers) the commentary team on Oldham community radio had me hooting with laughter with their "pithy" description of the Floodlights performance...or lack of it...

Edited by eclecticsheep, 12 February 2014 - 09:21 PM.

#11 Bedford Roughyed

Bedford Roughyed
  • 5,573 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:31 PM

Need promotion just so I don't have to scroll so far down the forum!  It's miles away down here!

With the best, thats a good bit of PR, though I would say the Bedford team, theres, like, you know, 13 blokes who can get together at the weekend to have a game together, which doesnt point to expansion of the game. Point, yeah go on!

#12 bowes

bowes
  • Coach
  • 11,134 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

However if Coventry are admitted into the league into 2015 that would make championship one a 14 team competition, a total of 26 league game plus a play off system for promotion.

Reckon they'll go for soemthing like 20 games with 7 teams allocated each to north and south and then northern and southern teams play their region twice and the other region once with one club selected from the other region being played twice. Not heard the exact number of games confirmed but have heard they'll not have everyone play home and away to reduce travel.

It will be 2 promoted though

Edited by bowes, 12 February 2014 - 10:38 PM.

#13 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,028 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:29 AM

theres not going to be a north/south split

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#14 Big Doug

Big Doug
  • Coach
  • 360 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:35 AM

Not wanting to shoot down your hopes of promotion but would you get promoted with the ground as it is. I think the RFL would have a standard and you would not meet it.

:girlwerewolf:  :girldevil: 

I  HAVE NEVER GONE TO BED WITH AN UGLY WOMAN. BUT I HAVE WOKEN UP WITH A FEW

#15 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:52 PM

^^^^ Yawn :rolleyes:

#16 The Art of Hand and Foot

The Art of Hand and Foot
  • Coach
  • 630 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:45 PM

Not wanting to shoot down your hopes of promotion but would you get promoted with the ground as it is. I think the RFL would have a standard and you would not meet it.

Groundhog day!!!!!!!!!

#17 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:17 PM

. There's not a cat hell's chance, and crossing that road when we come to it isn't good enough, the situation needs addressing NOW.

#18 Gregory

Gregory
  • Coach
  • 111 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 09:57 AM

I really hope that this is the season when Oldham get promotion. The team's good form for the majority of last season and the excellent crowds that this generated shows what huge potential this once-great club still has. Hopefully, promotion would force the owner's hand in terms of the stadium or make him more willing to listen to offers for his shares/development of a supporters trust. Get it right on the pitch and the rest will surely follow.

Edited by Gregory, 20 February 2014 - 09:59 AM.

#19 higgy

higgy
  • 340 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 04:20 PM

Gregory you are right in what you say logically if its right on the pitch the rest should follow but logic does not apply when CH is involved.

#20 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 156 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Oldham have no hope in hell of getting promoted. This once great rugby town has become a joke! I see more leeds shirts around now as people are travelling out of town to watch the superleague. No hope, no promotion and no hot running water.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users