Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Relegation

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,249 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:49 PM

It has been confirmed that the bottom 5 will be relegated at the end of the season which means we must finish 9th or above to be safe

#2 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 12:56 PM

Gulp

#3 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:09 PM

Not gonna happen. :(

Penrith RU trialists?  We had to up our game from last year and so far that hasn't happened.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:30 PM

I know we haven't strengthened from last year but are we any worse than Swinton,keighley,Rochdale,barrow and haven? I don't think so. Our strongest 17 is better than them 5 teams,it's just our strength in depth is worrying.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:37 PM

Mine was just a general gulp at the high threshold. Cutthroat stuff indeed . And obviously adieu to Toulouse for now .

Edited by DavidM, 10 February 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#6 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:41 PM

Mine was just a general gulp at the high threshold. Cutthroat stuff indeed . And obviously adieu to Toulouse for now .

1st place in championship 1 gets promotion.

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:42 PM

No , outside the elite there's nowt to strike dread into you if you have your personnel on the paddock. But in this marathon absentees will bite in the last third of the season - and teams who's strength is less diluted will prevail . That is when things are decided . Touch wood for reinforcements and no injuries.

#8 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:43 PM

We've known that it was coming either 4, 5 or 6 relegated this season and now we know it's 5 so it should not be a surprise to anyone.   It is going to be more cut throat at the bottom this year than it will be at the top.  I just think that with less than a week to go to the first match it's time the fans knew one way or the other if we are to get one or two loanees to strengthen the depth of our squad.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#9 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:44 PM

Yes wonky , plus 9 and 2 down . And 14 in div 1 they say

#10 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:47 PM

But good news if we stay up ... We can spend a million pound next year !!!

Edited by DavidM, 10 February 2014 - 02:48 PM.

#11 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,913 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

But good news if we stay up ... We can spend a million pound next year !!!

Ha ha, you wish!!!!!!

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#12 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,166 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

With a benevolent chairman it says ...

#13 homeandawayer

homeandawayer
  • Coach
  • 1,154 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 03:12 PM

I know we haven't strengthened from last year but are we any worse than Swinton,keighley,Rochdale,barrow and haven? I don't think so. Our strongest 17 is better than them 5 teams,it's just our strength in depth is worrying.

You think?

When we start playing those teams i think we'll realise how much we miss Acton and Thackray. We had to retain players of that calibre and add to them. Some of those teams would need to be weaker than last year which is unlikely.

#14 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 775 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

You think?

When we start playing those teams i think we'll realise how much we miss Acton and Thackray. We had to retain players of that calibre and add to them. Some of those teams would need to be weaker than last year which is unlikely.

Cheer up Marra, if we get the Wigan tie up, we should be fine. :drinks:

#15 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 08:46 PM

We'll miss the Thackray that played in about 6 games we won't miss the one that played (or didn't play at certain times) for the remainder of the season.

#16 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 10 February 2014 - 10:46 PM

Complete joke, to finish 10th you need to win the marjority of games and then be relegated, and in theory be replaced by team finishing 5th in champ 1 and flukes the play off final. Very risky situation.

#17 Garymaca07

Garymaca07
  • Players
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:24 AM

if we don't build on what we've got,were gonna Struggle,plus any new players need to train with the team ASAP ,Were is the panick Button I can't find it ?

#18 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:44 AM

if we don't build on what we've got,were gonna Struggle,plus any new players need to train with the team ASAP ,Were is the panick Button I can't find it ?

Wait till tomorrow before you press it.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#19 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,620 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 09:59 AM

Wait till tomorrow before you press it.

do you know something we don't voodoo?

#20 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 921 posts