TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Your Startting 17

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 bulldogs17

bulldogs17
  • Coach
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:52 AM

So 5 days to the start of the season. If you were in JKs shoes how would you line up??

Id go;

1. Greenwood

2. Blackmore

3. Bretherton

4. Patterson

5. Campbell

6. Connor 

7. Leatherbarrow

8. Smith

9. Blake

10. Rowe

11. Davies

12. Scott

13. Applegarth

14. Brennan

15. Gledhill

16. Chandler

17. Leak

#2 Bat Lad

Bat Lad
  • Coach
  • 1,149 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 11:01 AM

as above

#3 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

Is nicholson fit?

#4 M Hopkins

M Hopkins
  • 698 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 01:32 PM

didnt look 100% on sunday.

I would pretty much agree with the above maybe play Vinny instead of Blackmore though

#5 phildog

phildog
  • 335 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:23 PM

Faal at centre for me, big lad. No room for Mullaley or Johnson? It's not a question of just picking a team, it's picking a team to win the particular match you're heading into, and I think we need our biggest and most experienced team out at Leigh to get off to a good start. As we know a) they've recruited enormously and B) expect us to be a roll-over according to their site, so we have to show that we can match them without spending all that money and that we won't roll over. JK will know all this and have it all taken into consideration when he puts his team out. Never yet have we rolled over, not even against SL teams in cupties, so no reason to think we will on Sunday. So, we haven't won at Leigh since the very first Premier Sports match, no reason for cockiness on their part, they'll know they've had a game.

#6 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Mull hasn't played for us pre season but i can see young aspinall or mason been called up both big lads like gledhill and brennan i'm glad i'm not coach because jk has got the toughest job picking 17 players to go do the job on them..

#7 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:12 PM

Nicholson is a must. All players want to play their old team. Look at leatherbarrow v cougars.

Look at tigers blistering performance against us sunday. Erm

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#8 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

Greenwood, Blackmore,Bretherton,Patterson, Connor,Leak, Leatherbarrow, Smith, Blake,Gledhill, Davies, Scott, Applegarth. Nicholson,Chandler,Rowe,Brennan. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#9 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

That line up trev it scares me to death. 70% new

#10 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:29 PM

I'd go with the biggest/hardest pack I could.

If the weather is like today, it will be a forward battle up the middle, with very little guile and subtlety so best to try and wear them down.

01. Greenwood

02. Blackmore

03. Bretherton

04. Aspinall

05. Campbell

06. Connor 

07. Leatherbarrow

08. Smith

09. Leak

10. Rowe

11. Davies

12. Scott

13. Applegarth

14. Brennan

15. Gledhill

16. Johnson

17. Nicholson if fit or Blake if not

#11 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Greenwood, Paterson, Bretherton, Chandler, Campbell, Connor, Leatherbarrow, Smith, Leak, Gledhill, Davies, Scott, Applegarth. Bench: Nicholson, Rowe, Brennan, Johnson.

Edited by Chairman LMAO, 12 February 2014 - 07:59 PM.

#12 Batley Bob

Batley Bob
  • Coach
  • 1,279 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Greenwood, Paterson, Bretherton, Chandler, Campbell, Connor, Leatherbarrow, Smith, Leak, Gledhill, Davies, Scott, Applegarth. Bench: Nicholson, Rowe, Brennan, Johnson.

Chairman , would it make a difference to your selection , noting that the giants have a free weekend , meaning mullalley is probably available

#13 phildog

phildog
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

I understood that Giants DR's were to be with us for the season? Anyone who has read my previous rantings about DR will know that I was totally against it at the beginning, always quoting the way Swinton and Hunslet especially had really bastardised the system. However, now the restructuring mess has hit the fan, I feel that it's of the greatest importance that we turn out the strongest team possible each week to maximise our chances of hitting the required target. If that means having to play the allowed 5 Dr's every week then we should do it,like it or not, - let's face it, they're DR's because they're a cut above the rest of the squad we can afford to assemble, if they weren't then they wouldn't be signed with The Giants in the first place, they'd be fighting to ply their trade with either ourselves or fellow championship clubs. I know this could jeopardise the positions of those of our own registered players, who, like Potter and Scott last term, might ask to move on, but I feel it's a chance JK has to take. Players like Mullaley, Fairbank (who also had a first team run at Broncos?) and Johnson have put in impressive performances at Giants in SL so no reason why an extended run in our team shouldn't pay well. In the Boxing Day game, those who played in the backs also showed great promise. 

#14 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

I think clubs are only allowed to three DR'S per game now. Can anyone confirm this?

#15 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:09 PM

I think clubs are only allowed to three DR'S per game now. Can anyone confirm this?

pretty sure its 5 dd.

#16 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

Larne patrick is out after wigan game last week. The giants forward twisted his knee. Probably a dislocation and tear so thats one young forward moving up the pecking order.

#17 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 828 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:51 PM

Chairman , would it make a difference to your selection , noting that the giants have a free weekend , meaning mullalley is probably available

can't see mull playing hasn't been in pre season games or anything tbh bob

#18 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:24 PM

Looks like no cambel or faal now

#19 phildog

phildog
  • 335 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:26 PM

Why?