Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Centurians Vs Bulldogs 16th Feb 2014 - Match Predictions

batley bulldogs rugby league leigh centurians championship football john kear huddersfield

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#21 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

Forecast good for Sunday, and the pitch will be perfect - should be a great opener

#22 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 407 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:09 AM

Think leigh by 20 crowd just over 1000

No team in the championship will finish a game 20 points ahead against this Bulldog side. too big too strong and we can defend.

#23 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

No team in the championship will finish a game 20 points ahead against this Bulldog side. too big too strong and we can defend.

Quote bookmarked

Bold statement that ;)

#24 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:50 PM

Yikes!!!! You sound like a Leigh supporter!

Edited by distantdog, 12 February 2014 - 01:01 PM.

#25 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:14 PM

Yikes!!!! You sound like a Leigh supporter!

I don't think we lost any game last season by more than twenty DD, I think that is where Greavesy's optamism comes from. Trouble is its nearly a new team, although I too share Mr G's optamism, I don't think we will win as many games as last season (no team will), but I also don't think we will lose many, if any by 20+ JK is too good a coach and our defence in preseason has looked very good especially against the two weaker championship teams we nilled.....

And before the weirdo's on the poor side of the valley get all uppity I still refuse to accept that forward pass on boxing day should have been given, ergo 10 - Nil :onthequiet:  

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#26 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,580 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:26 PM

I don't think we lost any game last season by more than twenty DD, I think that is where Greavesy's optamism comes from. Trouble is its nearly a new team, although I too share Mr G's optamism, I don't think we will win as many games as last season (no team will), but I also don't think we will lose many, if any by 20+ JK is too good a coach and our defence in preseason has looked very good especially against the two weaker championship teams we nilled.....

And before the weirdo's on the poor side of the valley get all uppity I still refuse to accept that forward pass on boxing day should have been given, ergo 10 - Nil :onthequiet:  

Your wife gave me this old video of you last night in bed piggy. 

http://uk.yhs4.searc...h?v=jq3H1QZlct0

#27 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:42 PM

I don't think we lost any game last season by more than twenty DD, I think that is where Greavesy's optamism comes from. Trouble is its nearly a new team, although I too share Mr G's optamism, I don't think we will win as many games as last season (no team will), but I also don't think we will lose many, if any by 20+ JK is too good a coach and our defence in preseason has looked very good especially against the two weaker championship teams we nilled.....

Campbell offside

Ball steal was a wrong call

0-0

;)

#28 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,417 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:43 PM

I think Sunday will tell us everything we need to know about the coming season. Logically, we really shouldn't be in it. We have virtually a brand new side, which has yet to settle into a rhythm or pattern of play, against a settled side with some of the better players available at our level. The prediction of not losing by more than 20 this season might come unstuck in the very first match.

I actually do believe we will be competitive this season, but this match might have come a few weeks too early.

#29 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,025 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:45 PM

Campbell offside

Ball steal was a wrong call

0-0

;)

Glad to see you agreed with me Coolie that we did actually Nil you :aikido:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#30 phildog

phildog
  • 292 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:57 PM

Hey Coolie that'll be nowt fresh!! Seriously though, nearly every club has seen a great turnround in personnel and it may come down early doors to which teams have knitted together quickest. Leigh's recruitment has been nothing short of spectacular and they would rightly be expected to be front-runners, but they've had a poor pre-season without a win I believe, so have they yet knitted? I know we've won 2 lost 2 but each game has been well contested with good performances, and a 20-0 loss to a strong Saints with no DR's speaks volumes to me. As I said it could go horribly wrong for us, for the above reasons, or it could go right by a smidge. I'll plump for the latter, assuming that we can kick our goals, that's my only worry at the moment.

#31 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 167 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:28 PM

Lobby Gobblers 12 - Batley 8 with a dubious late try to win it

Crowd 1900 before kick off... 600 at full time as only a handful of the BeLEIGHvers will be left after a mass Hari Kari session because they were losing to "little Batley" and couldn't stand the shame with just 30 seconds left. ;)

Edited by DOGFATHER, 12 February 2014 - 04:29 PM.

#32 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,463 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:43 PM

Sounds daft after three losses but we are playing the best rugby for many a year and like you I can't wait to see reality on Sunday

#33 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,554 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Hopefully were on the eve of the best ever championship season

Something play for,something to avoid

A five team drop will bring a weekly suicidal feeling as the season twists and turns... Gonna be a rollercoaster for all involved

Things that will have to be avoided

Dewsbury.... Players upset at lack of game time.

Batley... New team with a lot to live up too over the last few years

Leigh...balancing the books correctly rather than the wheels on,wheels off culture of late.

Halifax...under achievers for epic proportions... Buckets at the ready for another collection.

Sheffield... Moving back to the dog track a disaster and nowhere near a championship ground.

Featherstone... Budgeted for winning everything from championship final, league down to sharleston junior school egg & spoon race... Will be interesting if they don't....fingers crossed ;)

Cumbria... Teams up there could find it hard... Very hard... Maybe time to look at Cumbria franchise for duper league.. Cos there's no survival for them in championship 1

Wales..., waste of time as London is..championship 1 is where it belongs and should stay until a solid fan base is achieved.

French teams... Catalans doing well,and no doubt Toulouse will be pushed forward to duper league... Weather right or wrong it will happen

Premier sports... Did their best under difficult circumstances.. Don't blame them for taking their bat and ball Home.

Sky... True masters of Rugby league.. And the last great puppeteer the game will ever have.

RFL... Bunch of white collar businessmen that would give the marks brothers a run for their money in organization skills

Inept and not fit for purpose most of the time.

Let the season begin ;)

On you marks

Get set!!

Edited by coolie, 12 February 2014 - 06:00 PM.

#34 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,884 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

Leigh 12 Batley 10.

#35 League Express

League Express
  • 1,029 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:12 PM

Sunday 16 February
Kingstone Press Championship Match Preview

Leigh Centurions v Batley Bulldogs (3.00pm)

Leigh Centurions coach Paul Rowley says his team could not have faced a more difficult opening fixture to the new Kingstone Press Championship season.
Rowley said: “It couldn’t get any tougher. Batley have got a good record at Leigh Sports Village, they enjoy coming to us and they’ll be looking forward to it as much as we are.
“This will probably be the most interesting game of the opening round. It’s a tough game for us to start with, but a good one.”
He added: “They’ve had a few changes in their squad, but they’ll be very similar in terms of their style and approach.”
Batley Bulldogs have been dealt a blow on the eve of the new season after Ben Black underwent a knee operation that will keep him out of action for the next three weeks.
But Bulldogs coach John Kear is adamant his side can start the season well on Sunday.
Kear said: “Our attitude and application during pre-season has been first class.
“We’ve been slightly hampered because we’ve had such a turnover of players and training hasn’t been the easiest due to the weather, but we’ve improved in each trial game and we’ll go to Leigh ready for the formidable challenge.
“They’ve a strong squad and that’s been boosted by some good signings, but we’ll be confident too.”

League Express is Britain's biggest selling Rugby League publication
On sale every Monday, in shops, on subscription and online for PC/MAC, iPad, iPhone, Android & Kindle Fire.
Follow us on Twitter @leagueexpress
Like us on Facebook - www.facebook.com/rugbyleagueexpress

#36 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

I think we'll lose by less than 20. We'll score one try.

22-6

#37 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:05 PM

22-6

#38 stevieb

stevieb
  • Coach
  • 229 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:06 PM

Cant see leigh getting 20 past us,spesh with our defence....

#39 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,418 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

Non predictable for me but plenty of dropped ball and set moves not really having the desired effect

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#40 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 173 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:50 PM

22-6

Told you. :@)

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: batley, bulldogs, rugby, league, leigh, centurians, championship, football, john kear, huddersfield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users