Photo
- - - - -

Centurians Vs Bulldogs 16th Feb 2014 - Match Predictions

batley bulldogs rugby league leigh centurians championship football john kear huddersfield

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 Southampton Leyther

Southampton Leyther
  • Players
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:34 PM

No team in the championship will finish a game 20 points ahead against this Bulldog side. too big too strong and we can defend.

Oh dear :dance: :dance: :dance:

#42 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 564 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:38 PM

No team in the championship will finish a game 20 points ahead against this Bulldog side. too big too strong and we can defend.

come on greavesy,how long have you been watching batley???

you should know better.....i had a feeling when our off-season recruiting didn't look particularly inspiring that these sort results would happen.......

we are a very ordinary side and will be mid table.nothing more.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#43 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:46 PM

come on greavesy,how long have you been watching batley???

you should know better.....i had a feeling when our off-season recruiting didn't look particularly inspiring that these sort results would happen.......

we are a very ordinary side and will be mid table.nothing more.

You and me both, although it gives me nothing but sadness to be proved right in my low expectations.  Unless you are rolling in cash and operating without salary caps, no club can lose almost an entire team of sound players between seasons and hope to recover immediately.  This is like the bad old days.  Either Leigh are playing out-of-this-world rugby or we have completely failed to turn up at all.

#44 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:18 PM

lol at your first post...........

you must be a " unusual person ".....to sign up to a forum just to write that...

did you actually go to the game ?.........guess not

Edited by RPH, 16 February 2014 - 05:50 PM.

#45 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:36 PM

Won't be long before Romeo appears.....

#46 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:37 PM

im mean rombo!!!!!

#47 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:38 PM

I getting as daft as someone who'd bet on the first score being a penalty goal, then preceding to score the first try!!!!!!!!!!!

#48 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:49 PM

Remind me...

Is 40 more than 20?? :)

Or does it start next week ;)

Won't take the pizz.. ;0

Just wouldn't be fair to mock the afflicted in their hour of extreme pain

No fun with easy targets ;)

#49 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,348 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:53 PM

Wow. I didn't see that coming! They ripped us to bits esp second half. The way they used the ball was fantastic and I don't think Batley wer that bad! Ref was poor but full credit to Leigh. If they can put that performance in against other teams then they will take some stopping.

our season has to start next week. I am now bracing myself for our noisy neighbours to start banging on how they will win the league :lol:

Now where did I leave that pointy thing that bloke Damocles gave me, I've work to do!

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#50 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,223 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:57 PM

. I am now bracing myself for our noisy neighbours to start banging on how they will win the league :lol:

They will on todays performance, they were superb in defence, attacking play was a bit shaky but some big hits went in on the line

#51 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 688 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:02 PM

Remind me...

Is 40 more than 20?? :)

Or does it start next week ;)

Won't take the pizz.. ;0

Just wouldn't be fair to mock the afflicted in their hour of extreme pain

No fun with easy targets ;)

i guess you won and we lost......or you wouldnt be on our forum .....and today.... it was not a friendly?......well done Dews..... :clapping:

Edited by RPH, 16 February 2014 - 06:10 PM.

#52 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

We are very good and if Paul keeps the spirit right we have some great blocks to build, we were missing a few as well today
We are building for SL and have great finance in place to sustain it
Good luck for the season you are a proud club

#53 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,735 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

Wow. I didn't see that coming! They ripped us to bits esp second half. The way they used the ball was fantastic and I don't think Batley wer that bad! Ref was poor but full credit to Leigh. If they can put that performance in against other teams then they will take some stopping.

our season has to start next week. I am now bracing myself for our noisy neighbours to start banging on how they will win the league :lol:

Thanks piggy, keep tha faith your club needs you guys and your chairman deserves you

#54 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 265 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:27 PM

10 players from last year gone to other clubs, 2 suspended and one injured. That's 13 players to replace and we played away at one of the favourites. It was a tough day but nothing to be too despondent about.

#55 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 680 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:49 PM

It was n`t a bad performance from Leyth, with some good tries but you guys will come good. Nothing is won or lost in the first game of the season. Thankfully we`ve got some strength in depth because we usually run out of steam come the play-offs.

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#56 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

Pity you had to let your fellow Leythers down.   Your the only one of them, so far, to try and rub it in.  I have nothing against poor losers.  It's not easy for any sports fan to be gracious when they're still spitting feathers over a drubbing.  Poor winners, now, that's another matter.  It takes a rare sort to be ungracious and leering when his team have just won. To feel the need to behave like that shows something lacking.  Clearly one has to be an absolute nobody or a complete prat to act that way.

#57 Mike Oxhard

Mike Oxhard
  • Players
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

They will on todays performance, they were superb in defence, attacking play was a bit shaky but some big hits went in on the line

Congratulations Gary... At this early stage of the season you have already won the award for "The biggest pile of BS spoken"

You can pick up your award on at the next car boot sale at tip rat stadium..........

#58 budgiezilla

budgiezilla
  • Coach
  • 204 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:52 PM

Couldn't make it to the game, and being a Leyther was gutted I had to work. Had BBC Radio Leeds on, and what update there were, sounded like it was still 4-6 after nearly half an hour.

Amazed at the final scoreline, as we NEVER beat Batley easily. I know you guys have lost a LOT of quality players, whilst we have strengthened a helluva lot, and only lost 1 player, Sam Hopkins to the Pies.

Don't think 'either' set of fans should get to carried away by today's score, as I assume Fev fans won't either.

Guess we'll lose to you guys at Mount Pleasant & in the plays offs.....as per usual !  ;)

#59 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

A very poor display today from Batley against a good Leigh side who on paper have recruited well in the close season and should be challenging at the end of the season. 

In the first proper game of the season Batley's discipline, defence and attack where not good enough to even give Leigh a game. if Batley repeats today's display for the rest of the season then it will be Championship One rugby next season. It is early days and playing Leigh the first game of the season could be a blessing in disguise because the game exposed Batley's weaknesses i.e Batley's defence when Leigh attacked Connor's wing which led to two missed tackles from Connor and two tries although this was not the only weakness Batley had. 

It can only get better against Workington.

Edited by bulldogtrev, 16 February 2014 - 08:01 PM.

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#60 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,729 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

A three hour drive back gave me a long time to think about today's match.

First, well played Leigh, they were excellent, especially in the backs, and scored some great tries, one or two we should have stopped, none of which we did.

They exploited Connor's wing, where defensively we were very poor. They constantly exploited the overlap they created. Connor was very naïve defensively and Leigh knew this. This was particularly apparent when he went for the interception for their first try (I think it was anyway) and for the try they scored which came from an excellent Leatherbarrow kick in the second half.

Davies should not be at stand off, he is a back rower and was ineffective at stand off - Leak perhaps? We missed Black today.

Our discipline was poor too, and they made plenty of ground early on, off the back of our lack of discipline.

I guess it will take a while for a brand new team to gel and become effective. This needs to happen quickly though and will be a real test of JK's coaching.

On the positive side, I thought Leatherbarrow played well, Nicholson added some urgency at the play the ball, and Smith, Rowe, Greeenwood, Bretherton etc from last season do not become poor players overnight.

I think already a win is essential next week!

Once again though, Leigh played fabulously well.

Edited by distantdog, 16 February 2014 - 08:26 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: batley, bulldogs, rugby, league, leigh, centurians, championship, football, john kear, huddersfield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users