TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Centurians Vs Bulldogs 16th Feb 2014 - Match Predictions

batley bulldogs rugby league leigh centurians championship football john kear huddersfield

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#61 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:15 PM

Congratulations Gary... At this early stage of the season you have already won the award for "The biggest pile of BS spoken"

You can pick up your award on at the next car boot sale at tip rat stadium..........

The biggest pile of BS spoken was before the season started. Batley being a top six side and Fev being world beaters!

#62 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

The biggest pile of BS spoken was before the season started. Batley being a top six side and Fev being world beaters!

Here we go.

Well done today, but ... one game doesn't make a season!

#63 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,779 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Congratulations on a great win today, well done. Remember there is a long way to go this season yet!

#64 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:30 PM

Batley will be in the mix at the seasons end. Nothing is won or lost after 1 game. ( apart from the points before some Pedant arrives )

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#65 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:45 PM

Don't know who said Fev would be world beaters; They were beaten today by a side that impressed me; The Championship is going to be tough this season; Ups and downs and no World beaters;

#66 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,754 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

I wouldn't worry too much there's a lot of talk about my team ( Fev ) been the team to beat but I think Batley have just played the best team in this league and it Leigh that are the team to beat they have recruited better than anyone else and there squad looks top class this season

#67 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:17 PM

No team in the championship will finish a game 20 points ahead against this Bulldog side. too big too strong and we can defend.

OUCH
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

#68 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

A three hour drive back gave me a long time to think about today's match.

First, well played Leigh, they were excellent, especially in the backs, and scored some great tries, one or two we should have stopped, none of which we did.

They exploited Connor's wing, where defensively we were very poor. They constantly exploited the overlap they created. Connor was very naïve defensively and Leigh knew this. This was particularly apparent when he went for the interception for their first try (I think it was anyway) and for the try they scored which came from an excellent Leatherbarrow kick in the second half.

Davies should not be at stand off, he is a back rower and was ineffective at stand off - Leak perhaps? We missed Black today.

Our discipline was poor too, and they made plenty of ground early on, off the back of our lack of discipline.

I guess it will take a while for a brand new team to gel and become effective. This needs to happen quickly though and will be a real test of JK's coaching.

On the positive side, I thought Leatherbarrow played well, Nicholson added some urgency at the play the ball, and Smith, Rowe, Greeenwood, Bretherton etc from last season do not become poor players overnight.

I think already a win is essential next week!

Once again though, Leigh played fabulously well.

Nicho will go well for you, cracking distribution from dummy half and was just unfortunate to have the likes of Beswick and Penky (who seemingly can't get in the team himself these days!) ahead of him at Leigh. Did make me chuckle on GF day when he was stood undetected with the Batley fans in the North Stand as it appeared only us Leythers knew he was on his way to the Mount!

#69 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:03 AM

It can only get better against Workington.

Cant be any worse surely?
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#70 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:10 AM

No team in the championship will finish a game 20 points ahead against this Bulldog side. too big too strong and we can defend.

Haha quality post, remind me how did you get on yesterday!

#71 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,378 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:18 AM

Yes were guilty as charged Eddie. No Bulldog expected yeterday's drubbing but be careful you don't get too big for yer boots.... One Swallow doesn't make a summer and all that, but please come back and let us know how you get on in the rest of the season. And look on the bright side you can rent out that space under the rock you have been hiding under for the past 5 seasons  :onthequiet:

Expecting the world to treat you fairly because you are good is like

expecting the bull not to charge because you are a vegetarian.

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

#72 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:51 PM

I've not been hiding at all and I have had to put with constant jibes from certain batley fans for the past few seasons. Batley's pre season recruitment has been dire to say the least, plus you've lost way too many players. Not going to make any predictions this early in the season. Leigh have recruited well and will be a hard team to beat especially at home. I'm not going to take the p for once as you fans must be still hurting from yesterday!

#73 greavesy

greavesy
  • Coach
  • 540 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

I dont mind the ###### i said it , i was wrong we defended poorly yesterday . i do object to boring posters like yourself with your all too typical snide having a go. Remind me when was the last time you finished higher than the bulldogs in the league ?. please return to your winter hibernation for all our sakes or go at least to the Dewsbury board where they are in need of your expert observations. By the way well done to Dewsbury on their victory yesterday which i forcasted correctly. enjoy the day more difficult ones are still to come.  

#74 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:49 PM

I've not been hiding at all and I have had to put with constant jibes from certain batley fans for the past few seasons. Batley's pre season recruitment has been dire to say the least, plus you've lost way too many players. Not going to make any predictions this early in the season. Leigh have recruited well and will be a hard team to beat especially at home. I'm not going to take the p for once as you fans must be still hurting from yesterday!

If you want to avoid the jibes do yourself and everyone else a favour and stay off our forum.   You only ever show yourself when you think you have an opportunity to spread some more poisonous drivel.  You are a sad and extremely unpleasant man who can't work out the difference between banter and malicious vitriol.  It's a bit like finding someone knocked down by a car and taking the opportunity to rob them.  You wouldn't see the wrong in that either I guess.   

#75 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

[quote name="olddoggy" post="2882657" timestamp="1392666594"]

If you want to avoid the jibes do yourself and everyone else a favour and stay off our forum. You only ever show yourself when you think you have an opportunity to spread some more poisonous drivel. You are a sad and extremely unpleasant man who can't work out the difference between banter and malicious vitriol. It's a bit like finding someone knocked down by a car and taking the opportunity to rob them. You wouldn't see the wrong in that either I guess. [/quote

get over yourself you prat. If you can't take the banter then don't dish it out.

#76 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

You used to be able to ignore certain posters on here is the option still available? If so, can someone point me in the right direction? Hopefully if enough follow suit this idiot will dry up and blow away.

#77 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 276 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

Batley will be in the mix at the seasons end. Nothing is won or lost after 1 game. ( apart from the points before some Pedant arrives )

I hope you are right.

Now I'm over the shell-shock, I thought we played pretty well for the first 20 minutes, but we then started to give stupid penalties away and never saw the ball again after that. I'm looking forward to seeing the highlights on Boots n All tomorrow, the disallowed try just after half time looked okay to me, the touchie on our side and the ref, but then he decided to go with the guy furthest away, the touchie on the far side and disallowed it. I think it had a big bearing on the game, our heads dropped and we simply fell apart after that. 

It's been a long time since I've seen a Batley turn it in like we did on Sunday. But that second half display by Leigh was as good as any I have ever seen by a team in this division, it wasn't so much a game, it was a complete demolition. Somehow I don't think you will need it but good luck for the rest of the season.

Roll on Sunday, how's that song go ....Things can only get better....   (we hope) 

Edited by DOGFATHER, 18 February 2014 - 05:39 PM.

#78 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

[quote name="olddoggy" post="2882657" timestamp="1392666594"]

If you want to avoid the jibes do yourself and everyone else a favour and stay off our forum. You only ever show yourself when you think you have an opportunity to spread some more poisonous drivel. You are a sad and extremely unpleasant man who can't work out the difference between banter and malicious vitriol. It's a bit like finding someone knocked down by a car and taking the opportunity to rob them. You wouldn't see the wrong in that either I guess. [/quote

get over yourself you prat. If you can't take the banter then don't dish it out.

You seem to have difficulty in understanding even the most obvious dialogue.   Not surprising given your complete lack of ability to analyse what is being said.  Please don't confuse what you perceive to be banter with what everyone else understands by that term.  The whole point of my post was to deplore the nastiness you dish out - nothing to do with banter.  If you can find any example of my employing your kind of offensiveness, then feel free to offer me the kind of advice you tendered above.  Otherwise don't suggest that any of my comments bear any similarity to your odious utterings.  

#79 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,974 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 10:12 PM

You seem to have difficulty in understanding even the most obvious dialogue. Not surprising given your complete lack of ability to analyse what is being said. Please don't confuse what you perceive to be banter with what everyone else understands by that term. The whole point of my post was to deplore the nastiness you dish out - nothing to do with banter. If you can find any example of my employing your kind of offensiveness, then feel free to offer me the kind of advice you tendered above. Otherwise don't suggest that any of my comments bear any similarity to your odious utterings.

As long as batley have a forum I will continue to post on here. I will admit I do take things a little too far sometimes. I will try and give more constructive opinions in future ;-)

#80 RPH

RPH
  • Coach
  • 692 posts

Posted 22 February 2014 - 02:31 PM

As long as batley have a forum I will continue to post on here. I will admit I do take things a little too far sometimes. I will try and give more constructive opinions in future ;-)

as long as we have a forum....hm.....but why continue to post.....when you stated that you had retired /or had endured enough......be a man and stick to your word....

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: batley, bulldogs, rugby, league, leigh, centurians, championship, football, john kear, huddersfield

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users