Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Just when you thought it was safe

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

Ref16 Feb KO:14:30 Championship Rd: 1 N W Crusaders v Barrow Raiders Glyndwr University Racecourse Stadium, Wrexham Ref: G Hewer Vid Ref: - Touch J: T Mahar In Goal: - Touch J: T Selby In Goal: - Reserve: L Moore Time K: - M Com: D Campbell

#2 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:20 PM

Dear me .. Thought he might have retired.

Edited by Alias, 11 February 2014 - 02:24 PM.

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

Oh thats us screwed then top drawer Jameater that bloke

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#4 RAIDERSRUS

RAIDERSRUS
  • Coach
  • 442 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:08 PM

Can't believe the fuss that is made over referees, some are stricter than others, just don't give them excuse to penalise you. They have a thankless task in my opinion, I know it's a job I wouldn't fancy doing. They are only human so are bound to make mistakes at some point.

Edited by RAIDERSRUS, 11 February 2014 - 08:56 PM.

#5 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 04:56 PM

Hewer .... human .... does not compute :tongue: 

Lee Morton

#6 steve75

steve75
  • 1,976 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:30 PM

Alias, on 11 Feb 2014 - 2:20 PM, said:

Dear me .. Thought he might have retired.

Who Gareth Hewer or Plan Of Attack?

Posted Image

#7 Alias

Alias
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:56 PM

😀

#8 havenhater

havenhater
  • Coach
  • 863 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:15 PM

Is it live on that s4c channel?

#9 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

Who Gareth Hewer or Plan Of Attack?

Hewer of course, the worst of it is there are some quite decent referees in the championship but we keep getting spewer

#10 Plan of Attack

Plan of Attack
  • Coach
  • 793 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Can't believe the fuss that is made over referees, some are stricter than others, just don't give them excuse to penalise you. They have a thankless task in my opinion, I know it's a job I wouldn't fancy doing. They are only human so are bound to make mistakes at some point.

The trouble is Hewer makes more than most others. An Example of a good ref was Jamie Bloom(sp) who let the game flow unlike Garath

#11 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:48 PM

No

So is it live on that bbc northwest channel?  ;)

regards 7

Edited by Number 7, 11 February 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#12 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 146 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:53 PM

Edited by Number 7, 11 February 2014 - 10:55 PM.

#13 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:21 AM

We have been trying and trying to get the interest of both BBC Wales and S4C to cover North Wales Crusaders games but we are facing a wall of ignorance - even after bombarding them with correspondence they don't even read out the results on either channel,  They failed to cover the first RL game between 2 pro Welsh sides in 103 years and didn'r mention Crusaders in the Welsh Sports team of the year!!!

That aside a warm welcome (croeso cynes) to all travelling supporters who make the trip down on Sunday. The Turf Hotel on Mold Road (At the stadium itself) is the pub that most fans meet up in before and after the game. Look out for our new "Meet and Greet" team (a la RLWC2013) who will assist you if needed. Any problems come to the entrance of the Bamford Suite on Mold Road and someone will be able to help.

#14 FOB

FOB
  • Coach
  • 713 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:28 AM

With the weather being so bad will the game be on this weekend? i believe Wrexham Football called off a match last week, I think more bad is weather due tonight and tomorrow we got hit pretty bad lastnight and my place of work is in bit of a mess this morning.
It's great supporting the Giant killers.

#15 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:47 PM

With the weather being so bad will the game be on this weekend? i believe Wrexham Football called off a match last week, I think more bad is weather due tonight and tomorrow we got hit pretty bad lastnight and my place of work is in bit of a mess this morning.

As with other places we got hit by some strong winds yesterday too. In fact there are reports that part of the Racecourse roof was damaged. Its calmed down again today and there was no rain; in fact its been really nice, but there is more rain forecast. You are correct that WFC have had games postponed due to the pitch being unplayable so hopefully the pitch inspection on Sunday will be in plenty of time to send notice to Barrow if it does get called off.  If I get any further info I'll post it as soon as I can.

#16 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,179 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:12 PM

so hopefully the pitch inspection on Sunday will be in plenty of time to send notice to Barrow if it does get called off.  If I get any further info I'll post it as soon as I can.

cheers mate

Lee Morton

#17 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:58 PM

From North Wales Crusaders facebook page - 'Quick update on the weather situation for Sunday. Despite bad rain earlier this week the Ground staff had a good day of prep today, so we're hopeful for a game to go ahead. We know Friday will be bad, hopefully Sat better. Final decision will be made 8 am Sunday if needs be.'

#18 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,574 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:08 PM

It's to be hoped the weather in North Wales is better than it has been here today. Teeming down nearly all day and blowing a gale. The weather just does not improve.

Posted Image

#19 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

It was rather nice on Thursday and turned nasty again Friday with persistent rain, drizzle this morning but (whisper it) it seems to have stopped and we have blue sky and a nice drying breeze.... fingers crossed.

#20 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 714 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:15 AM

Ladies and Gentlemen.... Start your engines....  The game is ON.

Safe journey