Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Officials for Sunday

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,251 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

16 Feb KO:15:00ChampionshipRd: 1
Workington Town v Doncaster RLFC
Derwent Park
Ref: J Bloem
Touch J: J Lowery
Touch J: R Dolan
Reserve: C Straw
M Com: C Hodgson

#2 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 03:04 PM

So ex player Jamie Bloem is reffing Doncaster? Erm......

#3 OttO

OttO
  • Coach
  • 1,992 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 06:23 PM

:swoon:

"i hate workington town fans with a passion they are the biggest cry babies in rl and boy do they get jealous easy"- Choccy 2012

"if it wernt for me they would have nowt at all to talk about" - Choccy 2012

#4 GETEMONSIDE

GETEMONSIDE
  • Coach
  • 289 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:23 PM

:swoon:

The RFL strike again, why put themselves in this position? If Jamie Bloem makes a match changing decision in favour of Doncaster they are going to get slated. How can he referee a team he once played for? The RFL are a joke.

If the reserve referee gets on that really would be the last Straw!

Always have been always will be the pride of West Cumbria!

#5 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:45 PM

The RFL strike again, why put themselves in this position? If Jamie Bloem makes a match changing decision in favour of Doncaster they are going to get slated. How can he referee a team he once played for? The RFL are a joke.

Last Straw, I like it :laugh:

#6 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Can't the club appeal against that sort of thing?

#7 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 07:58 PM

Can't the club appeal against that sort of thing?

Cant be as bad as Jimmy Kranky fre  Bransty!!

#8 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

We've beaten teams with the ref on there side plenty of times before, I'm sure well do it again on Sunday. But it is a joke.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#9 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 581 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:29 PM

Cant be as bad as Jimmy Kranky fre Bransty!!

whoo im a bransty lad and gareth certainly isnt one of us

#10 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 926 posts

Posted 11 February 2014 - 10:55 PM

whoo im a bransty lad and gareth certainly isnt one of us

Sorry marra, its just Kranky fre Bransry sounds better than Kranky fre 09 side !!!

#11 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:21 PM

see your getting your excuses ready if you lose.......... something's never change just like last year lol

#12 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,915 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

see your getting your excuses ready if you lose.......... something's never change just like last year lol

If the ref had been a former Town player you would have been one of the first to comment about it so jog on and on.

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#13 Monkeydo

Monkeydo
  • Coach
  • 484 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:17 PM

So by that logic you must've been a ###### last year.....

#14 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,623 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

love how Donny fans suddenly think there such a great side. It will all end in tears.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#15 wonderofwood

wonderofwood
  • Coach
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:45 PM

Could also work in your favour , I'm sure  Bloem will be more than aware of the stick he could get if he shows any bias . I've been party to this sort of things a few times and the ref always seemed to lean toward the team they had no connection with. Won't matter anyhow you could play all 18 and still come away with a result

#16 dkw

dkw
  • Workington
  • 4,772 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

It could Wonderofwood, my surprise is more down to the fact the RFL are actually putting Bloem in a very difficult situation that it didnt need to. Bloem is on a hiding to nothing, if he hammers town then our fans get upset and question his impartiality. If he hammers Donny then there fans will be upset and question if he was trying to prove he`s not biased by giving us everything. Its a hard enough sport to referee without putting extra pressure on a ref like that. Considering he`s the only ex pro player in this position it just makes no sense at all to give him a Donny game to ref.

#17 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

It could Wonderofwood, my surprise is more down to the fact the RFL are actually putting Bloem in a very difficult situation that it didnt need to. Bloem is on a hiding to nothing, if he hammers town then our fans get upset and question his impartiality. If he hammers Donny then there fans will be upset and question if he was trying to prove he`s not biased by giving us everything. Its a hard enough sport to referee without putting extra pressure on a ref like that. Considering he`s the only ex pro player in this position it just makes no sense at all to give him a Donny game to ref.

I totally agree

#18 onandon

onandon
  • Players
  • 32 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:55 PM

love how Donny fans suddenly think there such a great side. It will all end in tears.

yes m8 it has and its not Donny LOL

#19 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:04 PM

Going back to this thread I hear the ref was absolutely shocking and biased towards Donny as some predicted. Is that correct?

#20 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,182 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:12 PM

We didn't lose because of him ( before we get jumped on ) but he was totally out of his depth and sank more and more as the game wore on . At times he wasn't even looking at the rucks ! There was holding down , moving off the mark , flops , blatant knock ons etc etc . Eventually Stacky just had had enough . He was really poor , weak and not in control.