League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/02/14 - Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull KR (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,522 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:21 PM

16/02/14 - Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm

Discuss the game here.

Join our Super League tipping competition here
http://www.superbru.....php?p=11170409

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:44 PM

Leeds by 12
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 Harrigan

Harrigan
  • Coach
  • 967 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:46 PM

1st game of the year, bad weather, strong KR pack.

The fact that Leeds' backs are much stronger could be negated. That being said, if Hull KR can't keep Watkins under wrap they will get beaten in any conditions.

I think it'll be close but Leeds by 1 or 2 scores.

rhinosbulldogs_zps04cf7e0a.jpg

#4 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:08 PM

http://www.loverugby...cord-crowd.html

Fantastic news. Onwards and upwards

#5 bamfordsbeans

bamfordsbeans
  • Coach
  • 155 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:38 PM

What is the capacity now?

#6 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:15 PM

Are Leeds bringing 3-4,000?

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#7 welshmagpie

welshmagpie
  • Coach
  • 413 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 03:51 PM

Are Leeds bringing 3-4,000?

Judging by the comments on loverugbyleague, yes!

Regardless it's a good crowd.

#8 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Fantastic effort by the club. You cannot argue with the way Hull KR have worked hard to improve their stadium. Leeds will bring a good following on Sunday but you could argue that they have been encouraged to travel because there are now some excellent facilities to watch the game from. Well done the Robins!

Edited by Scubby, 12 February 2014 - 04:21 PM.

#9 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:24 PM

Excellent, should be a decent atmosphere. I'll have to try and listen on tinterweb as I'll be almost as far away as the poor hardy souls in the south stand.

NO BUTS IT'S GOT TO BE BUTTER......                                 Z1N2MybzplQR6XBrwB9egniMH8xqYQ5s.jpg                                                                                                                     

#10 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:33 PM

Excellent, should be a decent atmosphere. I'll have to try and listen on tinterweb as I'll be almost as far away as the poor hardy souls in the south stand.

I'm no Hull KR fan but it was just like those good old days at the Boulevard. I went there as a kid and stood behind the posts. Not only was the pitch miles away but there were about 15 cars parked in front me and folks sat in deck chairs lol.

#11 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 560 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:50 PM

well said Scubby.Old Fearful likes to forget the good old days at the Boulevard,prefers the empty wastes at the KC.

The South "Stand" is reserved this week for the reduced price schoolkids link up with the local Academy. These youngsters have good eyesight and can bear the cold and wet.

Bit of advice OF...get in quick with your tickets for Easter Thursday and you might just manage the luxury of the new North Stand.

The Leeds game has a live band in a marquee attached to the West Stand pre and post match, with another band in the North Stand concourse and local bands featuring on the new loudspeaker system. Plus on the pitch pre match entertainment.#

Desrves a bigger crowd than at the KC on Friday. 11000 already nailed on, capacity said to be 11500.

Nice to be back.

#12 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 968 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

Hull KR by 4

#13 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:09 PM

I'm no Hull KR fan but it was just like those good old days at the Boulevard. I went there as a kid and stood behind the posts. Not only was the pitch miles away but there were about 15 cars parked in front me and folks sat in deck chairs lol.

Indeed, but at least you were a good deal higher up than them and therefore had a reasonable view.

"Empty wastes at the KC"?

You forgot the "lightstream" bit, Steve, old mate.

#14 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 3,717 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:15 PM

Indeed, but at least you were a good deal higher up than them and therefore had a reasonable view.

"Empty wastes at the KC"?

You forgot the "lightstream" bit, Steve, old mate.

No, I was only about 8 or 9 and remember standing on the fence behind the posts and could hardly see I thing. It was like a car showroom in front of me and loads of folks on fold-up chairs. Was a Boxing Day game and Peter Sterling was playing. It was pretty full as I recall. 

#15 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,647 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:21 PM

Naughty
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#16 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:59 PM

It is fantastic.

The club has a real buzz about the place now.

Around 10,300 tickets have been sold. Rovers have also donated a load of tickets to a local school so we'll hopefully see a thousand school kids and their families in the south stand.

There will also be a bigger and better match day 'experience', which is something that has been lacking. This will include a large marquee in the car park area outside of the Robins Nest, live music, and a few other initiatives.

I don't care who you support, get yourself a ticket, have a beer with us and enjoy the game. It's going to be a cracker.

Rally Round...

#17 HKR AWAY DAYS

HKR AWAY DAYS
  • Coach
  • 1,374 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:36 PM

The club is buzzing. I think we could prove to be a real shock for some sides, finish in a decent position and build on last season.

We're flying under the radar. You only hear people talk about us when they say we'll struggle because we've lost Dobson. I disagree.

Rovers to win. Not bothered about how many.

Rally Round...

#18 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 12,740 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:53 PM

The club has a real buzz about the place now.

It had before as I recall.

Thought the PA might have been fixed by now.

#19 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,701 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:58 PM

It had before as I recall.

Thought the PA might have been fixed by now.

Silly, HKRAD is referring to that buzz of vanilla I still keep whiffing!
Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#20 Pie tries

Pie tries
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

Good stuff - well done HKR - groung looks much much better

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users