TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

16/02/14 - Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (13 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Hull KR (6 votes [46.15%])

Percentage of vote: 46.15%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Leeds Rhinos (7 votes [53.85%])

Percentage of vote: 53.85%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#81 Ullman

Ullman
  • Coach
  • 7,614 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:22 PM

Briscoe hat trick

6-18, KTC

That must have gone down really well.

"I own up. I am a serial risk taker. I live in a flood zone, cycle without a helmet, drink alcohol and on Sunday I had bacon for breakfast."

#82 Padge

Padge
  • Coach
  • 18,347 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:56 PM

When are you all going to resign from the league and leave the RL iin the city to FC. You know hull is not big enough for two teams. ! ! ;)

Who as actually said that?

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com
Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007
Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

#83 longboard

longboard
  • Coach
  • 2,588 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

7 tries to 1 with just under 10 left at a place we usually struggle at. Im gutted I wont get to see the Watkins/Briscoe combination for the next 2 years.

Do you have any chance of remission?

#84 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:47 PM

The merger maniac and  Lindsay disciple.

#85 stevereed100

stevereed100
  • Coach
  • 569 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:25 PM

Sunday Bloody Sunday ( acknowledgement to Tony Banham) .

Still there is always next week at Huddersfield. Hope springs eternal.

#86 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,705 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:21 PM

Who has actually said that?

Nobody as far as I can recall.

Hull's big enough, and on the latest re-alignment of income via the ground developments at HKR and the TV deal HKR have a new lease of life like several other uncompetitive SL clubs.

Good luck to them.

#87 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 04:59 PM

I believe Dead Shot Keen mentioned it on one or two occasions.

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#88 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 29,461 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

The merger maniac and  Lindsay disciple.

"We have been saying for some time that two teams in that city chasing the same dream is not feasible," he said."

Maurice Lindsay, The Independent, 8 January 1997

http://www.independe...om-1282250.html

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#89 Roy Boy

Roy Boy
  • Coach
  • 2,742 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:02 PM

Well I was pleased to be a guest in one of the new boxes in the North Stand for this.

The food, beer, surroundings and company were excellent.

It then when downhill!

An error strewn display from HKR who after a first half effort appeared to run out of steam against a Leeds team that tried the middle, got nowhere fast and then decided, wisely, to go round the Rovers defence.

Welham dashed out the line on several occasions leaving the KR defence in tatters and certainly looks very rusty following his long spell on the sidelines.

Greg Eden - well err mmm

Shaun Briscoe described him before the game - "What he's got can't be coached, but hopefully the mistakes can be coached out of him" (It does make sense if you think about it).

I do wonder about Leeds strength down the middle this year and feel sure teams will look to win the forward battle (and probably succeed) but once they start throwing it around they are very difficult to stop.

Money can't buy you happiness!
It can buy you beer and that's a bit like happiness in a glass!

"I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals."
Sir Winston Churchill

Some folks are wise and some are otherwise!
Tobias Smollett

"I distrust camels, and anyone else who can go a week without a drink."
Joe E Lewis

"Look at the ffing state of that"!
My mate on the Avenue last Friday whilst pointing to a scantily clad young lady and spitting a mouthful of beer out!

#90 keighley

keighley
  • Coach
  • 6,051 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:34 PM

Nobody as far as I can recall.

Hull's big enough, and on the latest re-alignment of income via the ground developments at HKR and the TV deal HKR have a new lease of life like several other uncompetitive SL clubs.

Good luck to them.

Why do you remind me of a weather vane swinging in the wind. Hull KR were exhibit A on you " Let's merge to create a big time club" argument and you were forever moaning about their small crowds, 500,000 cash shortage as outlined by Hudgell. Now, when faced by evidence to disprove your theory, you have done a complete " volte face".

#91 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,705 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:34 AM

I believe Dead Shot Keen mentioned it on one or two occasions.

He didn't.

You see an 11,000 crowd for the opening of the revamped stadium against Leeds with a great away following isn't proof of anything.

Lyndsay made his comments at a time when neither Hull club were doing much and if you remember neither Hull club entered Superleague at it's inception.

To use one five figure crowd to have a go doesn't warrant a reply, not when Paris opened with 16.000 Wakefield closed a season on 11,000, Crusaders opened in Wrexham on 11,000 and Salford closed a season on 10,000 the other year.

The problem for the Hull clubs remain as it's all about two things - having the fans and the players to compete. So far (ONE round) the crowds look good. On the pitch Hull let seven tries in and HKR were blown away.

Dead shot Keen wasn't talking crowds. He was talking a successful team. And the record has been there since RL began that if you want to keep your high crowd you have to compete on the pitch.

#92 terrywebbisgod

terrywebbisgod
  • Coach
  • 8,625 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:51 AM

Tedious

Cannibal chiefs chew Camembert cheese,cos chewing keeps them cheeky.

#93 Dave T

Dave T
  • Coach
  • 15,831 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:49 AM

And here we go again. God knows how Wakefield were brought into this. Again.

#94 Lobbygobbler

Lobbygobbler
  • Coach
  • 5,829 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

He didn't.

You see an 11,000 crowd for the opening of the revamped stadium against Leeds with a great away following isn't proof of anything.

Lyndsay made his comments at a time when neither Hull club were doing much and if you remember neither Hull club entered Superleague at it's inception.

To use one five figure crowd to have a go doesn't warrant a reply, not when Paris opened with 16.000 Wakefield closed a season on 11,000, Crusaders opened in Wrexham on 11,000 and Salford closed a season on 10,000 the other year.

The problem for the Hull clubs remain as it's all about two things - having the fans and the players to compete. So far (ONE round) the crowds look good. On the pitch Hull let seven tries in and HKR were blown away.

Dead shot Keen wasn't talking crowds. He was talking a successful team. And the record has been there since RL began that if you want to keep your high crowd you have to compete on the pitch.

Could you please remind me how many SL sides are within a 25 mile radius of either Hull club? Now repeat the exercise for Wigan, Wire or Huddersfield. Then please explain why there isnt the potential for both Hull clubs to be enormous

#95 Old Frightful

Old Frightful
  • Coach
  • 13,123 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:17 AM

Did someone mention video refs and forward passes?

Lee Radford rang me the other week....I knew Hull FC were a bit desperate but I had no idea it had got that bad.

#96 The Parksider

The Parksider
  • Coach
  • 17,705 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:28 PM

Could you please remind me how many SL sides are within a 25 mile radius of either Hull club? Now repeat the exercise for Wigan, Wire or Huddersfield. Then please explain why there isnt the potential for both Hull clubs to be enormous

You explain why despite a big amateur game and 22,000 fans this weekend that neither club is anywhere near "enormous". I'd like to see a Hull club challenge the Leeds, Warrington's ,Wigan's and Saints, perhaps fans of those clubs are happy that Hull doesn't present any real challenge.

Don't rock the boat or the cups may fall off the bandwagon?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users