TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

16/02/14 - Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford Red Devils (17 votes [68.00%])

Percentage of vote: 68.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (8 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,767 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:22 PM

16/02/14 - Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

Discuss the game here.

Join our Super League tipping competition here
http://www.superbru.....php?p=11170409

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,865 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:41 PM

Salford by 8
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#3 PREPOSTEROUS

PREPOSTEROUS
  • Coach
  • 682 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:20 PM

Either Trinity will spoil the party or they will get hammered. Hopefully it will be the former.

#4 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 424 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 01:41 PM

I expect a comfortable Salford win. Not necessarily because I think the Red Devils will be amazing but I'd expect the late arrival of the overseas contingent can't have helped with Wakefield's preparation. In contrast, Salford seem pretty settled and have had the benefit of team bonding in South Africa plus a couple of good run outs in the last few weeks.

The only thing in Wakefield's favour is that the pressure is on for Salford to perform. I've never been too convinced that really affects a team too much once the whistle goes though. If Wakefield can keep it close for 30-40 minutes though, who knows.

#5 Oxford

Oxford
  • Coach
  • 726 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:10 PM

I can quite see the Wildcats coming up with the points for all sorts of reasons. Sadly, I think a lot of gloating posts will appear afterwards if they do. 

#6 Forever Trinity

Forever Trinity
  • Coach
  • 635 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:35 PM

Wakey to rain on Salfords parade

#7 Scubby

Scubby
  • Coach
  • 4,176 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 04:42 PM

I have a feeling Wakefield could cause an upset here. Hope the Salford fans can get behind the club and post a big crowd.

#8 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:04 PM

Salford by 18+

#9 burke

burke
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:13 PM

Have watched Trinity in pre season and can only see a very very easy win for Salford. Agar needs to trust some of his younger players, sadly Anakin is injured and out for 3 months, but in Trout, Walshaw and Wildie he has local lads who will give 100%, they are also very good players. Unfortunately they never seem to get a run in the team. Walshaw should be a star in SL, if only he was given game time. The best chance for Trinity is if the weather is really bad.

#10 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,272 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 07:05 PM

Salford by 16 - The revolution on the way on the field as well as off it.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#11 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 6,072 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

The Wildcats will be a stiff test first up for the Red Devils, but class will and the Red Devils will get home by 10.

#12 weloveyouwakefield2

weloveyouwakefield2
  • Coach
  • 2,088 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:19 PM

If there is one clash the players will get motoviated for it should be this one! mr moneybags v the paupers. Come on lads you can do it! :)

Posted Image

#13 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:36 PM

I think Trinity will win. I just can't see Salford getting it together yet, and Trinity ought to be pumped...

#14 GIANTSTRIDES

GIANTSTRIDES
  • Coach
  • 1,610 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:37 PM

Got to be Salford. Trinity have got probably the worst game of the round, Salford will be wanting to start with a big win, I don't think Wakey will roll over at all  but they will have a hard time. It's a long season though.

Dont expect anything from a pig but a grunt

#15 The Game Caller

The Game Caller
  • Facebook
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:56 AM

Over 5,000 tickets sold for this one. The good Doctor is expecting 7,000 through the turnstiles on Sunday.

This one just pips Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos as the Super League Sunday tie of the round for mine.

#16 Red John

Red John
  • Coach
  • 227 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:36 AM

Got to be Salford. Trinity have got probably the worst game of the round, Salford will be wanting to start with a big win, I don't think Wakey will roll over at all  but they will have a hard time. It's a long season though.

Years of watching Salford have taught me that what we want is rarely what we get. Yes, we'll want to start with a big win, but the piddling defeat is, I fear, equally likely.

Over 5,000 tickets sold for this one. The good Doctor is expecting 7,000 through the turnstiles on Sunday.

This one just pips Hull KR v Leeds Rhinos as the Super League Sunday tie of the round for mine.

StevoSpeak alert! StevoSpeak alert!

#17 Red Devils PAW

Red Devils PAW
  • Coach
  • 109 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

It seems the campaign has got off to an interesting start with the 2 Grand Finalists both losing at home in the opening round.
I think the wooden spoon holders will win this one with former Wakefield players Smith and Johnson playing a significant part.
If there is any weakness about the 2 Wakefield wingers with high balls or kicks to the in-goal area then I see Smith providing and Johnson/Meli,if selected,benefitting.

Unless Wakefield are doing well going into half-time I can't see them pushing too hard,with their new arrivals still to gel and the prospect of a far more important game against Bradford very close on the horizon.

Home win.

Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it

#18 GeordieSaint

GeordieSaint
  • Coach
  • 5,052 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:35 PM

Just pulled the teams off the RFL website... Salford's back row looks quality.

Salford Red Devils

• (FB) J. Mullaney
  • (W) G. Johnson
  • (U) J. Walton
  • (U) J. Sa'u
  • (W) F. Meli
  • (SO) R. Chase
  • (SO) T. Smith
  • (P) A. Morley
  • (H) T. Lee
  • (P) L. Tasi
  • (SR) H. Hansen
  • (SR) G. Hock
  • (SR) T. Puletua
  • (SR) D. Griffin
  • (U) A. Dixon
  • (SR) S. McPherson
  • (H) S. Howarth
Wakefield Trinity Wildcats
  • (FB) R. Mathers
  • (W) P. Fox
  • (U) D. Collis
  • (U) J. Keinhorst
  • (W) R. Lyne
  • (U) P. Sykes
  • (H) P. Godinet
  • (P) S. Anderson
  • (H) P. McShane
  • (P) D. Smith
  • (SR) A. Lauitiiti
  • (U) D. Kirmond
  • (U) D. Washbrook
  • (P) A. Raleigh
  • (SR) M. Ryan
  • (U) T. Tautai
  • (H) L. Walshaw

Edited by GeordieSaint, 16 February 2014 - 02:36 PM.

Kings Lynn Black Knights Rugby League Club - http://www.pitchero....nnblackknights/

#19 walter sobchak

walter sobchak
  • Coach
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

That's a very strong and impressive pack of Salford, Greg Johnson should bag a load of tries as well.

#20 Cherry and White

Cherry and White
  • Coach
  • 2,422 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 02:59 PM

KO delayed for ten minutes.

HOLD ON TIGHT TO YOUR DREAM.

liverpool fc-rome 1977
wigan rl-wembley 1985
redsox-2004
GB RL-?????
Lancashire cricket 2011