Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/02/14 - Salford Red Devils v Wakefield Trinity Wildcats KO 3pm

• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (25 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Salford Red Devils (17 votes [68.00%])

Percentage of vote: 68.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Wakefield Trinity Wildcats (8 votes [32.00%])

Percentage of vote: 32.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#61 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Very poor.

All the hype in the world and they barely scraped past 7,000. And 5,000 of them were from Wakefield.

Frankly, the people of Salford don't deserve that team. When oh when will the fans come bazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

didn't they sell 3k season tickets? Therefore your stats don't add up!

Seeing as it was double their usual average I dont see how anyone can consider this to be a bad attendance?

Whats your agenda?

#62 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Wakefield lost Keinhorst earlier than Salford lost Chase so interchange was even.

So?  My point didn't include Wakefield.  It was a point about Salford's own past defensive performances.

Didn't see the Red Devils but did get sick to death of hearing the most depressing rendition of 'Bad Moon Rising' that I've ever heard.

Well, if the Salford fans want to sing that on their own turf then good on them.  It's their ground.

There were a good 1,200 + there from Wakefield

And I'm sure there will be a good number of Salford fans making Wakey's turnout look better too at the reverse fixture.  Just as indeed all away fans make everyone's final figures look better, bar the Dragons and Broncos.

#63 Saintslass

Saintslass
  • Coach
  • 4,306 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:10 PM

Seeing as it was double their usual average I dont see how anyone can consider this to be a bad attendance?

Great attendance for Salford and it seems a lot of them were walk ups as well because Dr K announced on Twitter just a few days ago that they'd sold 4,500 tickets.  The club or someone must have been working hard to attract an extra 3,000 on the day. 

#64 Eldujo

Eldujo
  • Coach
  • 351 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:19 PM

Good attendance probably helped by the sudden and unexpected arrival of Spring in the North West.

Also, the traffic wasn't too bad today but even then there was a 10 minute delay to kick off. Sooner the A57 is sorted out the better.

#65 OMEGA

OMEGA
  • Coach
  • 1,217 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:26 PM

So?  My point didn't include Wakefield.  It was a point about Salford's own past defensive performances.

Well, if the Salford fans want to sing that on their own turf then good on them.  It's their ground.

And I'm sure there will be a good number of Salford fans making Wakey's turnout look better too at the reverse fixture.  Just as indeed all away fans make everyone's final figures look better, bar the Dragons and Broncos.

All very nice for you, well done!

#66 R J Wagsmith

R J Wagsmith
  • Coach
  • 175 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:51 PM

didn't they sell 3k season tickets? Therefore your stats don't add up!

Whats your agenda?

Read the man's post. Irony is lost on you, isn't it?

#67 Spidey

Spidey
  • Coach
  • 437 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:47 AM

A bit less than I was expecting, but still a record, I believe. At least for RL

Record for Salford RL, 9,400 there for Wire v Hudds in cup semi final the other year

#68 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,653 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:48 AM

Good crowd, sounded like a good game too.

Terrific commentary and coverage on BBC Radio Manchester. With Warrington's performance on Thursday, I enjoyed my rugby for the first time this season and hope Salford will get better as the team 'gels'.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

#69 Exiled Wiganer

Exiled Wiganer
  • Coach
  • 5,963 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:52 AM

Good crowd, sounded like a good game too.

Terrific commentary and coverage on BBC Radio Manchester. With Warrington's performance on Thursday, I enjoyed my rugby for the first time this season and hope Salford will get better as the team 'gels'.

I'd have thought you enjoyed Wigan's first performance a little bit. :)

Edited by Exiled Wiganer, 17 February 2014 - 11:53 AM.

#70 Red Willow

Red Willow
  • Coach
  • 4,679 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

Realised this morning that the starting 13 were all making their debuts. The interchange bench had the only ones from last season.

#71 Just Browny

Just Browny
  • Coach
  • 11,653 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 05:54 PM

I'd have thought you enjoyed Wigan's first performance a little bit. :)

Get over yourself, chief.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users