Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

16/02/14 - Widnes Vikings v London Broncos KO 3pm

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
110 replies to this topic

Poll: Who will win? (30 member(s) have cast votes)

Who will win?

1. Widnes Vikings (21 votes [70.00%])

Percentage of vote: 70.00%

2. Draw (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. London Broncos (9 votes [30.00%])

Percentage of vote: 30.00%

Vote

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,416 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:23 PM

16/02/14 - Widnes Vikings v London Broncos KO 3pm

Discuss the game here.   

Join our Super League tipping competition here
http://www.superbru.....php?p=11170409

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 robins up north

robins up north
  • Players
  • 53 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:28 PM

Hard to say on this one as the Broncos are an unknown quantity. Can see an away win.

#3 gingerjon

gingerjon
  • Coach
  • 28,869 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

Anyone wondering how the Broncos are approaching this or any other game listen to the Rugby League Down South podcast.

Widnes by 24.

Cheer up, RL is actually rather good
- Severus, July 2012

#4 fieldofclothofgold

fieldofclothofgold
  • Coach
  • 5,570 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 12:43 PM

Early days Widnes by 18
but you and I weve been through that and this is not our fate.
So let us so let us not talk falsely now.
The hour is getting late
FROM 2004,TO DO WHAT THIS CLUB HAS DONE,IF THATS NOT GREATNESSTHEN i DONT KNOW WHAT IS.

JAMIE PEACOCK

#5 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

erm let me see................................widnes by 40

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

https://scontent-a-l...276002364_n.jpg

#6 snapski

snapski
  • Coach
  • 920 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

Widnes win and Joe Mellor to get MVP and Man of Steel in the first game of the season.

#7 THE RED ROOSTER

THE RED ROOSTER
  • Coach
  • 2,255 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 06:52 PM

The only thing I can endorse these days about the London Broncos are the players and coaching staff., I have said before that Tony Rea is a very good coach of ordinary players and a very ordinary coach of very good players so I imagine sniffers game plan to be a very basic one of five drives and a kick forcing Widnes to attack from deep with a sliding defence and testing the officials tolerance in slowing down the play the ball with players having the licence to go for it if they see and opportunity and have some fun.

From Wigan to Wakefield, London Broncos are seen as two points on a plate and that works in the Broncos favour. If you expected to be towelled 40 nil then what have you to lose and you can play the Footy of Freedom. Conversely this weight of expectation on the opposition can induce the Footy of Fear  The chemics will no doubt start off like an express train with the crowd chanting "gerrin to em", but the longer that it takes for Widnes to blow the Broncos away the greater the anxiety and the more chance that the crowd will "gerrin to them" . Provided the Broncos remain within 6 come the final 20 minutes then an upset is on the cards with the prospect of an implosion on Trust in Widnes post-game. You can Betts on that if its a loss.

Being positive London by 2.

Edited by THE RED ROOSTER, 12 February 2014 - 06:53 PM.

I am an oil trader and successful at that but, but marketing, finance, business management, human resources etc are not my strengths

David Hughes to Ian Lenagan Page 134 - A Pastel Revolution - Fletcher and Gordas - 2006

Being an outsider, it is easiest to see what is wrong with the sport. It's a fantastic sport that has been undersold and under-marketed  because people who run it probably want to keep it the way it is

Dr Marwan Koukash to Joanthan Lieu. Sunday Telegraph 9th March 2014

#8 chuffer

chuffer
  • Coach
  • 3,367 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

Doubt it will be an easy ride but suspect we'll start the season well with a solid home win

#9 gutterfax

gutterfax
  • Coach
  • 199 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 09:22 PM

Widens by plenty

#10 nadera78

nadera78
  • Coach
  • 2,861 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:33 PM

30 point margin for Widnes.

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."
Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

#11 The Future is League

The Future is League
  • Coach
  • 5,930 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 01:43 PM

A big year is this for Denis Betts. So he will have his players fired up for a victory by at least 24 points against a very inexperienced Broncos side.

#12 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:52 PM

Widnes win and Joe Mellor to get MVP and Man of Steel in the first game of the season.

glad you agree........

"Why is Napoleon crying ?" said one sailor to the other, "poor ###### thinks he's being exiled to st helens" came the reply.

#13 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 04:00 PM

I have no real idea but I'll plump for Widnes by 30.A defeat by less than 20 will make me think Broncos might pick up some points this season.Less than 10 would be cause for celebration & an away win will see me hanging a banner over an M1 bridge to welcome the conquering heroes home

#14 yipyee

yipyee
  • Coach
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 10:47 PM

London by 2....

#15 Viking Warrior

Viking Warrior
  • Coach
  • 4,995 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:12 PM

London by 2....

London by 2....

go and have a lie down

#16 chrisl1

chrisl1
  • Coach
  • 582 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 12:40 AM

I wonder how many loan players London are allowed. I thought the limit was 5. However according to the Sporting Life website Carl Forster is their 6th loan signing.

"Rea has acquired the season-long services of Leeds trio Alex Foster, Thomas Minns and James Duckworth, Wigan prop James Greenwood and Hull hooker James Cunningham as he re-shapes his squad following the move to Barnet."

http://www.sportingl...broncos-on-loan

#17 eal

eal
  • Players
  • 66 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:41 AM

London will get smashed. They have no expectations or pressure on them but that hasn't helped them the last few years. Broncos will be lucky to win a game this season.

#18 The Game Caller

The Game Caller
  • Facebook
  • 50 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:04 AM

London Broncos by eight points.

#19 brooza

brooza
  • 4,255 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:43 AM

Barring any other news superceding it, there should be something on the Broncos on BBC1 London news at 18:30 today

St Albans Centurions 1st Team Manager. Former Medway Dragons Wheelchair RL player.

Leeds Rhinos, St Albans Centurions y Griffons Madrid fan. Also follow (to a lesser extent) Catalans Dragons, London Broncos, South Sydney Rabbitohs, Jacksonville Axemen, Vrchlabi Mad Squirrels, KĂžbenhavn Black Swans, Red Star Belgrade and North Hertfordshire Crusaders.

Moderator of the International board

#20 Rascal Bongo Stork

Rascal Bongo Stork
  • Coach
  • 438 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:23 AM

Barring any other news superceding it, there should be something on the Broncos on BBC1 London news at 18:30 today

they've been bought by the Saudi Arabian sovereign wealth fund and King Abdullah has been quoted saying he cant wait to put the club on top of the world?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users