Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Offerdahl: Happy to be over here

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,405 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 02:50 PM

Crusaders’ new forward Mark Offerdahl says that he is delighted to have finally moved over to the UK and linked up with his team-mates.
 Offerdahl penned a deal with Crusaders for 2014 after impressing for the USA during RLWC2013, which attracted interest from a number of clubs.
Out of all those clubs he chose the Wrexham-based outfit – but he has only just touched down in the UK a few weeks ago.
Offerdahl said: “I’m very happy to be over here. It would have been nice to get here earlier and experience the whole pre-season, but obviously that wasn’t possible.
“I’ve always wanted to play a stint over in the UK. I have travelled here before a few times and loved it.
“The World Cup and Crusaders spotting me has made it possible. Hopefully I’m being set up to go to University here in Wrexham so it’s the right move for me.”
The USA international has been impressed with what he has seen at the club so far – and believes that the side can do well in the Championship in 2014.
He said: “I think we’ll go a lot better this year than what some people might think.
“With the squad that we have I think we can challenge the top teams. We’ve signed some good players who have played at the top level, so our roster is pretty good.
“I’ve signed for one year with Crusaders and, if things go well, I would love to stay for longer.
“The sky is the limit for Crusaders in the next few season granted Andy Moulsdale plays to his ability; I’ve heard he’s Andrew Johns like.”
Offerdahl made his debut in the last pre-season fixture against Championship side Doncaster last Sunday.
He said: “I was happy with my first run out. I’m really aching now but it was a good run out.
“It was also great to see the fans there. From what I saw during the game our supporters are the best in the league and are a tight nit bunch.
“I’m looking forward to seeing them at home in the first game against Barrow on Sunday.”

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#2 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 612 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 11:08 PM

Hope he liked our version of "He's the kid from America (woo ho!)"

#3 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 118 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:46 PM

Couldn't get to the friendly at Donny so looking forward to see what he's made of.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users