Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New Stand Volunteers win £100

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Rodill Rover

Rodill Rover
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

This afternoon on TalkSport I was lucky enough to hear the new stand volunteers win £100 of Wickes vouchers.
The theme was volunteers in sport and someone (sorry missed the name) rang and gave the new stand story along with mentioning Paul Coventry and Ray Handscombe and all the volunteers. The story was deemed to be the best and the reward was given to the cause.
Colin Murray the host gave praise to the club and the volunteers efforts and also confessed to having a soft spot for the Rovers and wished them well with the project.
A great piece of publicity

#2 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,126 posts

Posted 12 February 2014 - 10:39 PM

This afternoon on TalkSport I was lucky enough to hear the new stand volunteers win £100 of Wickes vouchers.The theme was volunteers in sport and someone (sorry missed the name) rang and gave the new stand story along with mentioning Paul Coventry and Ray Handscombe and all the volunteers. The story was deemed to be the best and the reward was given to the cause.Colin Murray the host gave praise to the club and the volunteers efforts and also confessed to having a soft spot for the Rovers and wished them well with the project.A great piece of publicity

It was Fevs commercial manager Paul Taylor that rang, and the sum was doubled to £200, a big well done!!!!
Im Fev and im proud

#3 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

This is great news. Where would we be without volunteers? Some things that derserve some recognition but to some extent get buried under the total figures was the £1000 I raised through publicising the effort of the Foundation and Joint Supporters in the community through the Yorkshire Bank Community Scheme in the last two years. I am hoping via Laura Beth to do the same this year after March. Lots of funds are raised and continue to be raised. FRISA during its time raised funds by a number of us (me at 77) walking to Batley. Steve Evans and I raised over £10,000 for the Foundation through a series of Golf Iournaments at Pontefract Golf Club. I raised over £300 through carol singing at Tesco's with the help of Steph,Vic, and Hobbsy with the Halfpenny Lane School Choir. Other people under the leadership of Laurabeth continue to raise funds. The volunteers at Fev do loads of work. The Joint Supporters raised over £200K in the last 20 years for the club. The people who have Rovers well being at heart continue in their efforts. Long may it remain so.

#4 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 5,961 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

This is great news. Where would we be without volunteers? Some things that derserve some recognition but to some extent get buried under the total figures was the £1000 I raised through publicising the effort of the Foundation and Joint Supporters in the community through the Yorkshire Bank Community Scheme in the last two years. I am hoping via Laura Beth to do the same this year after March. Lots of funds are raised and continue to be raised. FRISA during its time raised funds by a number of us (me at 77) walking to Batley. Steve Evans and I raised over £10,000 for the Foundation through a series of Golf Iournaments at Pontefract Golf Club. I raised over £300 through carol singing at Tesco's with the help of Steph,Vic, and Hobbsy with the Halfpenny Lane School Choir. Other people under the leadership of Laurabeth continue to raise funds. The volunteers at Fev do loads of work. The Joint Supporters raised over £200K in the last 20 years for the club. The people who have Rovers well being at heart continue in their efforts. Long may it remain so.

as you say Col, where would we be. a team of champions on and off the field.

joe mullaney is a god
the only good tiger is a stuffed tiger

Posted Image

#5 jamescolin

jamescolin
  • Coach
  • 3,111 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 02:25 PM

Quite right OR. Oh Iforgot to mention all the people who gave up their time to run the Galas.and also raised funds. Great memories of of the section I was in over the years with Paul Birkett and Terry Jones at Knottingley. Doug and Barbara, Steph and the girls at Fev. Talking of memories I wonder how many remember the laying of the first terracing at Post Office Road end. I was a teenager and helped put down sleepers from Ackton Hall Colliery. Before that it was just banking. Then we all gave a hand with the first floolights from Hunslet. Wish I was that fit now.

#6 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 189 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 03:34 PM

Blinkin heck. Missed out again, joking of course. Havent done much since getting stand over here due to troublesome knees, but good luck to the lads. A great bunch to work with, ably led by Covo. Gone to a good home. ,

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users