Ryan Shaw

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 bangbang

bangbang
  • Coach
  • 528 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 11:50 AM

Looks like we have got Shawy on loan again.

Just on the Warrington website.
Rip the bludgers heads off!

#2 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:31 PM

hope so he can fight with Mort for the kicking duties lol

• atp likes this

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 12:37 PM

good to have competition for the centre spots. Wiper and Low got better as last season progressed and both looked sharp in pre season friendlies but I think Shaw is a step up from that.

Lee Morton

#4 donald

donald
  • Coach
  • 547 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 02:58 PM

class signing for you boys

#5 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,557 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

I think after tonights performance against Saints Tony Smith might want to keep him. LOL

Posted Image

#6 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:12 AM

Many Swinton fans regard Mort as the best kicker seen since Ken Gowers....to pick Shaw to kick ahead of him would be crazy
I liked Ryan Shaw...unlike some Swinton fans who found his weak defence unforgivable. He is potentially a top player. Good luck to him at Barrow.
And to Morty too...a classy player and he can fly too when put in a gap.

#7 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:36 AM

Many Swinton fans regard Mort as the best kicker seen since Ken Gowers....to pick Shaw to kick ahead of him would be crazy
I liked Ryan Shaw...unlike some Swinton fans who found his weak defence unforgivable. He is potentially a top player. Good luck to him at Barrow.

Mark, Ian's placekicking last sunday in a swirling gusty breeze was superb and he looks very handy going forward. Good under the high ball as well.

Lee Morton

#8 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,964 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 11:25 AM

Shaw when playing for Barrow literally missed about 2 kicks the whole time he was here.

Haven't seen Mort enough to comment tbf but there's no doubt they are both outstanding kickers.

#9 Little Lion Man

Little Lion Man
  • Coach
  • 320 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:30 PM

Having seen Mort and Shaw over the last few seasons I would suggest that Ian Morts goal kicking is the best I have ever witnessed and was a very good fullback as well with safe hands and a turn of pace. In his last season at the Lions 2012 he was used more as a winger when Richie Hawkyard return to fullback but suffered a nasty facial injury which kept him out some while - this all affected his try scoring but never his goal kicking completion rate. 

Swinton Lions records points in a season - Season 2011 - 119 goals -  25 tries - 338 points. 292 of those points were in the 20 league games - he was like a machine.

Best of luck to you.

I don't mind stealing bread from the mouths of decadence.

"Be mindful of the prayers you send,
Pray hard but pray with care,
For the tears that you are crying now,
Are just your answered prayers"

#10 mick wilson

mick wilson
  • Coach
  • 4,472 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 01:47 PM

Welcome home Shawy, always good to bolster your numbers with good players & compo in the centre's and kicking duties, just make sure one of them is always on the park ;)

#11 mark richardson

mark richardson
  • Coach
  • 2,937 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:10 PM

Mark, Ian's placekicking last sunday in a swirling gusty breeze was superb and he looks very handy going forward. Good under the high ball as well.

You've got a good un in Morty
Both our full backs are now injured so we turn to Warrington for Matty Russell...on dual reg
Let the fun debate begin again!

#12 Penno

Penno
  • Coach
  • 210 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

You won't find any debate from most on using dual reg to fill in for injured players, but I don't think that was how it was being used last year by some.

Regards Penno

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users