Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New players

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 rockerlad

rockerlad
  • Coach
  • 583 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:03 PM

http://www.loverugby..._medium=twitter

#2 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:11 PM

Good!

#3 topladtownie

topladtownie
  • Coach
  • 749 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:17 PM

Good news, I imagine the complication has been that Wigan are away in OZ

at the minute so limiting the options on players could have for first couple of

matches.  Hopefully going forward will be able to get at least one of Wigans

prop forwards.

#4 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:19 PM

Good news. Might calm everyone down a bit now. Although I assume the 2 wingers will be utilised as wingers and centres as we don't need another fullback when we have Brett.

Edited by wonky, 13 February 2014 - 05:22 PM.

the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#5 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:23 PM

Good news. Might calm everyone down a bit now. Although I assume the 2 wingers will be utilised as wingers and centres as we don't need another fullback when we have Brett.

league express posted above that mossop miller and carter are doubtful

#6 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Thanks for the news rockerlad, panic over!

#7 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:43 PM

Glad this has finally been confirmed and the deal done . Sure we can accommodate the two lads in the backline somewhere , although we need Eliot and Brett to , so fingers crossed there .Interesting to see where the young lock will fit in ? The month loan is interesting ... The strengthening links between the sides , and talk of further players down the line gives it a feel of a DR connection , but not in name as yet . Certainly good in this instance to have pedigree lads for a known length of time . Hope they put Donny to the sword.

#8 Hate the rec

Hate the rec
  • Workington
  • 823 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:13 PM

Just a observation looks like Wigan broke the news at 12.00ish, cant find anywhere were we have. Do we not have a PR person.

#9 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:32 PM

league express posted above that mossop miller and carter are doubtful

yeah let's hope the two backs are playing alongside Brett and ell rather than instead of because of injury. Also think Connor deserves a slot in there as well.so them 5 would be ideal for me. Could really do with Brett's experience at full back though.

#10 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,157 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

yeah let's hope the two backs are playing alongside Brett and ell rather than instead of because of injury. Also think Connor deserves a slot in there as well.so them 5 would be ideal for me. Could really do with Brett's experience at full back though.

yep, Carter Murphy Tierney Connor Miller is a decent back 5 like

#11 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 06:39 PM

Agreed

#12 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 456 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:02 PM

Don't Panic Button now gone and replaced by a brighter image.
Pity the Love Rugby League news came out before what I presume would have been a big splash by Town tomorrow in the Times & Star. Nevertheless really delighted. Let's get the season started.

#13 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 8,705 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:10 PM

As the old saying goes " can't win them all" at least we have some news to put smiles back on faces irrespective of who announced it, etc.   We need a big build up for Sunday to try and get some who were thinking of coming back actually coming back to DP.   

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#14 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:16 PM

No idea what he's up to but wouldn't it be great if they could get Jason Robinson up here this month and advertise it .

#15 Cato89

Cato89
  • Coach
  • 634 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:19 PM

We need forwards! Good that we have got players in but forwards should be out main priority.

#16 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:38 PM

Just a observation looks like Wigan broke the news at 12.00ish, cant find anywhere were we have. Do we not have a PR person.

#17 bobg

bobg
  • Coach
  • 260 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

As Wigan players I think it was right that Wigan make the announcement, I don't have a problem with it, grateful that Wigan can see the potential at Workington enough to trust us with 3 of their up an coming future SL stars.

#18 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 5,424 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 07:46 PM

With the nursery they have I really hope we build on this excellent link up .

#19 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 1,803 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:25 PM

We need forwards! Good that we have got players in but forwards should be out main priority.

agreed. Good to have some in at last and it is good news but forwards must be a priority over the season.

#20 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,216 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 08:32 PM

agreed. Good to have some in at last and it is good news but forwards must be a priority over the season.

i think we'll see forwards come in over the next few weeks, either from Wigan when they return or maybe an old friend or 2. But as for the immediate future were covered barring injuries.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users