Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

New club website up and running

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 13 February 2014 - 05:56 PM

Wow! The club's website has been redesigned and is up and running.

Must say, it does look pretty good.

However, in the players' profiles, I think they've got Ritchie Hawkyard's height slightly wrong. Ritchie 6' 2"? No way Jose!

:sungum:

#2 swintonlionafar

swintonlionafar
  • Players
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:00 AM

1. I do agree the site looks somewhat better but still no chance of purchasing any merchandise through the site, I know its difficult to hold stock for a club of our size (sleeping giant) but is there nothing the site can offer? Just think a chance of selling any goods would be good for the coffers, the trust does a great job but to see stuff on the website may prompt people to spend spend spend!

#3 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:25 PM

Agree with the above comments, nice looking site but could do with merchandise sales on there.....may be difficult or expensive to do?
Also please get the contact details right, different on 3 different pages, I know the one on the home page is definitely incorrect and the club have been informed, if the other details are right!?

#4 TIM THE LION

TIM THE LION
  • Coach
  • 367 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:19 PM

Stag sports website will soon be selling replica shirts direct from the manufacturer.

Nobody made a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could only do a little.

Edmund Burke

#5 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 03:54 PM

Once i get fed the official info about replica sales i will put it on the main webiste.

Riggy

#6 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

Riggy, if you have access to the main website could you please sort the contact details out. I have the .com address and have had for many years.......I get all sorts of communication which I forward to the club or reply to sender asking them to resend to the club. I have never opened what look like sensitive files or if I have had to, to ascertain who to send stuff to, I have never divulged content! Sometimes it is to apologise for a delay!!
I have asked many times for this to be sorted but it never has been and it is getting past a joke....the club and companies/individuals may lose out if I don't check the account regularly.
Thanks

#7 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:18 PM

iomlion

If you are coming on Sunday please nip up and see me in the pressbox and I will make notes and try and change it.

The new website has arrived with  a 29 page manual !!

Riggy

Edited by RIGGY, 06 March 2014 - 12:45 PM.

#8 Blue Monkey

Blue Monkey
  • Coach
  • 1,710 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 10:24 AM

iomlion

If you are coming on Sunday please nip up and see me in the pressbox and I will make notes and try and change it.

The new website has arrived with  a 29 page manual !!

Riggy

Also, Richie's height is still given as 6' 2".

And it would be even better if we could have all the players' "mug shots" shown.

Thanks

#9 RIGGY

RIGGY
  • Coach
  • 1,761 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 12:45 PM

Keith

As i said yesterday the new website comes with a 29 page manual.  I am updating bits and pieces as i go along and once we get permission to take the mug shots we will ammend the other parts of the players profiles so no need to keep reminding us.

Thanks

Edited by RIGGY, 06 March 2014 - 12:46 PM.

#10 iomlion

iomlion
  • Players
  • 76 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 07:51 PM

Riggy, thanks for the response and don't envy you with a really interesting website manual lol.
Would love dearly to be at the game but I'm in the Isle of Man and not going to make it.......sure it's harder to get there from here than it would be from Australia! And more expensive sometimes.....
I will try and message you with details.....
Regards
Ian

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users