Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

NRL 9's to look at inclusion of ESL clubs after Wigan request.

• Please log in to reply
64 replies to this topic

#61 mt smart

mt smart
  • Coach
  • 620 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:11 AM

Mt Smart. 

You make them out like they are planning the battle of the coral sea. 

I dont think Auckland will hold onto the Nines for as long as you think. They might have it played in Auckland every second year, unless they enter more teams and hold it over two week-ends. Then you could play the first weekend round in Brisbane, and the second weekend and finals in Auckland, that would work well. Everyone would be happy, the fans, the sponsors and the TV execs and NRL board. 

Every second year reverse the finals so both cities enjoy seeing the beginning and finals. I suppose Melbourne will want a part of the action, and probably Perth. 

This is going to be huge, you do realise that. Just today Suncorp Corp the stadium hirarky want to hold this event in Brisbane, more retired players are coming forward to have a crack, Free-to-air TV want the rights, and the Salford Devils coach wants to create his own Nines tournament in Dubai, Saudi Arabia. 

This will go global, and if they treat it like the iPL Cricket, it will become huge. Buying players to get for your team, billionaires love that stuff. 

This is the tip of the iceburg, and the Nines as i knew is a perfect game for this event, it is why everyone is going banana's over the Nines, everyone, even Union. 

They must be kicking themselves. 

Nines will take over the world as a short form of Rugby, be it League or union. 

They need to patient that short version of Nines Tens and elevens. 

So NRL nines tens and elevens, Super league Nines Tens and Elevens, World Cup Nines Tens and elevens. 

Spread the word. 

I like a bit of Hyperbole and the smell of Napalm in the morning.

Invariably it will take off and leave Auckland behind , I was just planting my flag for NZRL and waving a fist at the Union Giant here while the going is good.

We won a bit of a battle the war between codes is far from over,

Radio sport , our local all things sport station here delayed discussing the NRL nines for 24hrs due to cricket coverage , if it had of been a Rugby Union watershed they would have opened up talk back lines on their Am Verus their FM frequency.

Pretty low really , a few phoned in today to hold them to task over it.

Still talking the Nines a day later and other dirty little Unionisms won't quell the thirst for a repeat next year.

It is very important the Nines remain relevant in a NZ context. They could take over the Dominance of the other code as such that would make for a team that could compete with Australia and England on a whole other level.

Edited by mt smart, 20 February 2014 - 08:12 AM.

#62 londonrlfan

londonrlfan
  • Coach
  • 859 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:12 AM

the Salford Devils coach wants to create his own Nines tournament in Dubai, Saudi Arabia. 

Where did you see that mate? The one thing I really want Koukash to do is promote RL in the Middle East. The Middle East and China are the two biggest markets out there and we need to gain some headway. 

#63 Wellsy4HullFC

Wellsy4HullFC
  • Coach
  • 9,923 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:34 AM

Pre season 9s in Cardiff with the roof closed. Possible?
Posted Image

#64 Copa

Copa
  • Coach
  • 6,342 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:40 AM

Where did you see that mate? The one thing I really want Koukash to do is promote RL in the Middle East. The Middle East and China are the two biggest markets out there and we need to gain some headway.

there are numerous media articles about it. http://mobile.abc.ne...nterest/5272352

#65 sigesige00

sigesige00
  • Coach
  • 233 posts

Posted 05 May 2014 - 04:18 PM

All I can say to ESL fans after a weekend at the Auckland Nines is......if you can get there and your clubs playing.....it will be the most good vibe rugby league fan meeting and melting pot you could ever imagine.

People standing in line from sixteen clubs chatting rugby league and wishing each others teams the best for the weekend. 

It is stunning......like Miss World and Miss universe are fond of saying.....in the Rugby league world it is....

World peace.

A Hundred thousand happy faces over two days...no agro....kid safe.....and as every team came out for the first time they were shocked by the ' opposition fans ' sending up a massive roar for them.

I hope four ESL teams make 2015 , you will not regret it

Is Auckland 9s an annual 9s club competition?  Where will it be held next year?

And is there 9s international competition?  And has 7s been extinct?