Batley Players Banned

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#61 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,011 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:15 PM

ps, aint to fussed about faal he were ###### anyways, but thanks jc for some great rugby fella.

Whether you rate Faal or not, he's still an experienced Championship centre capable of performing to a competent level that we now have to find cover for. At first glance, I can't see many available, ready-made replacements for him. If we don't bring in at least one permanent signing to replace the two we've lost, we're going to hit trouble at some stage of the season. Jake Normington isn't yet signed up with anyone for 2014, and with the right attitude he'd be a stand-out at this level. Maybe worth a shot? Other than that, I really don't think there's anyone else out there who would meet our requirements. Perhaps it might even be worth giving Ryan Esders a call?

Edited by TheTerminator, 15 February 2014 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image

#62 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,587 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 08:16 PM

Jc will take some replacing both costly and troublesome on the eve of season.

No d.r or make do please kev.

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#63 Keep The Faith

Keep The Faith
  • Coach
  • 800 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:53 PM

Whether you rate Faal or not, he's still an experienced Championship centre capable of performing to a competent level that we now have to find cover for. At first glance, I can't see many available, ready-made replacements for him. If we don't bring in at least one permanent signing to replace the two we've lost, we're going to hit trouble at some stage of the season. Jake Normington isn't yet signed up with anyone for 2014, and with the right attitude he'd be a stand-out at this level. Maybe worth a shot? Other than that, I really don't think there's anyone else out there who would meet our requirements. Perhaps it might even be worth giving Ryan Esders a call?

both happy playing ncl tom its all down to having a laugh and a beer kear will sort it just need to wait and see i think now

#64 bulldogtrev

bulldogtrev
  • Coach
  • 416 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

I would assume John Kear and the club will have the replacing of Faal and Campbell covered.These bans had been expected. Campbell may be difficult to replace with the same quality of player because he is a good Championship player and can play two positions(wing and full back). Faal a weak tacking and Injury-prone centre should be easier to replace. 

"Anyone who does not watch rugby league is not a real person."

-John Singleton,

#65 DOGFATHER

DOGFATHER
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:49 AM

The best situation for us in all of this ,could be the fact that Huddersfield have 3 really top class wingers in McGillvary, Broughton and Murphy. Unless Anderson suddenly has a complete change in tactics and plays one of them on the bench, which I cannot see in all honesty, or one of them gets injured; then one of them will be left collecting splinters in their backside every week.

I wouldn't imagine that Hudderfield have any other way of keeping the lad left out match fit; other than DRing him out. So maybe we should ask Johnny Dumbell what the odds are of his replacement will be a Giant? Surely it's not beyond the realms of possibility that we could have any of the 3 turning out for us this year, at least for the big games?

Edited by DOGFATHER, 16 February 2014 - 07:51 AM.

#66 phildog

phildog
  • 310 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:31 PM

Has the club actually made a statement on the matter? Can't see anything on either website or FB. One or two posters seem to think that the 2 players are to be kept on. It's not often that I would call into doubt the boards' intentions, but here I would have to if the players are retained. Rules are rules, they knew the rules yet decided to flout those laws knowing that they could be caught, and that it would impact on the club in a very important season, just to make extra money. For those who do think that the players are to be kept on and will be costing, I would imagine that this situation will also have been gone into in depth. Having seen the team at Leigh today, it is painfully obvious that our back line is not strong,but to have to now botch up in light of this development will not do us much good. The 2 players should be sacked, if not the rest of the league will assume that Batley condones rule-breaking and cheating. No amount of explanation and ringing of hands will get past that. There must be any number of unattached players at this stage of the season who would suit us and fit into position rather than filling centre with a converted 2nd rower, much as I like Bretherton, but as a 2nd rower. I think we are putting too much pressure on the pack to shine and lead us through the season. AND I see that today Giants DR's are noticeable by their absence, the likes of Mullaley, Johnson and Fairbank all fitted into our team as though they were our own, and Connor, who starred at no.6 against Keighley finds himself on the wing! Surely not inspired thinking. I am left to wonder what the situation is with the likes of Finegan, brought in as a direct replacement for Johnson yet not picked despite there being  no report on an injury etc. 

#67 PETES' LADS' BRUV

PETES' LADS' BRUV
  • Coach
  • 919 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:41 PM

On official site, same was on facebook

http://www.batleybul...mbling-breaches

A new future has begun!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users