Batley players banned!

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:18 PM

Jonny Campbell and Adyen Fael have been respectively banned by the RFL for betting on the grand final which Batley were involved in.
Campbell has been banned for 12 months with Fael receiving six haha.
If it was our players I'd never want them to play for us again Fael was a waste of space with us anyway.
I reckon we could finally achieve of finishing above Batley this year Campbell will be a massive miss for them haha I'm actually crying with laughter here haha.

#2 MirfieldRams

MirfieldRams
  • Coach
  • 143 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

And rightly so.

It makes no difference that the play for the Dogs, we have to clamp down on this type of thing!!

Only thing that isn't surprising is that Faal can't keep out if trouble.
Up The Rams

Mirfield Rams

#3 9' oller

9' oller
  • Coach
  • 3,660 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:49 PM

Grow up jimbob

The most unfashionable yet over achieving mutts around

#4 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 04:55 PM

There pathetic though betting on there own team in a grand final.
If it was me they would never pull on a Batley shirt again.

#5 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,447 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:52 PM

Almost hysterical jubilation from jimbobram it seems . If the players had been guilty of backing the opposition then i would accept the book being thrown at them , in the case of backing themselves im not so sure its a hanging offence .What harm in reality does it do to back yourself to win a game .I realise there could be various implications of different sorts but im not convinced that  it is sinister .

gloating at their downfall seems distasteful to me .

#6 TheTerminator

TheTerminator
  • Coach
  • 2,053 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 05:58 PM

Almost hysterical jubilation from jimbobram it seems . If the players had been guilty of backing the opposition then i would accept the book being thrown at them , in the case of backing themselves im not so sure its a hanging offence .What harm in reality does it do to back yourself to win a game .I realise there could be various implications of different sorts but im not convinced that it is sinister .
gloating at their downfall seems distasteful to me .

From what I can gather, they're alleged to have used their inside knowledge of team tactics to win a bet. The team had been told that, if the opportunity arose in the opening minutes of the game, they should kick at goal from any penalty in the opposition half. This info was then apparently used to place a spot bet. Hardly scandalous, but at the end of the day they've used insider information to win a bet.

Edited by TheTerminator, 14 February 2014 - 05:59 PM.

Posted Image

#7 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Which inside information is against the rules and both players know this so fully deserved really, just like Austin got what he deserved over his twitter antics

#8 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 07:13 PM

The players now the rules on betting commit the crime face the time fully desvered in my opinion

#9 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,621 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 08:13 PM

If it was a spot bet on something which was not openly known, then it is a serious offence as. Terminator says insider knowledge. But they know they shouldn't be betting so there's no defence.

A waste of two talented players.

#10 JimbobRam

JimbobRam
  • Coach
  • 444 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Very true wakefield Ram well said

#11 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

How anybody can defend their actions is ridiculous.

They broke the rules and regardless of what team, it's not allowed or in the spirit of the game.

If it had been a Rams player the Batley fans would have been banging their drum,as some Rams fan's will as its Batley players

And rightly so... You talk the talk, you walk the walk.

Personally I'm happy as a pig in a Batley scarf.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch

Don't get all moralistic cos it's two of your players

Bend over and take it ;)

#12 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,555 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:59 AM

Lets not hang these lads out to dry.They will not be the first and they will not be the last.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users