TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

The worst display of goalkicking ive ever seen

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 14 February 2014 - 10:03 PM

ive seen some bad uns over the years but nothing to beat hull and catalans tonight

Posted Image

#2 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 09:05 PM

Oldham vs Hunslet ;)

#3 pudsey hawk

pudsey hawk
  • Coach
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:22 AM

Hunslet most weeks . Conditions weren't great at hull

#4 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:43 AM

ive seen some bad uns over the years but nothing to beat hull and catalans tonight

You clearly haven't seen Kain kick then

#5 sgt pepper

sgt pepper
  • Coach
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:37 PM

I think it shows the standard of certain teams in super league is very poor! the goal kicking for st Helens on Thursday was in a league of its own!!!

#6 suzzy

suzzy
  • Coach
  • 1,498 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

You clearly haven't seen Kain kick then

he's a bloody good full back though
chappy

#7 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:56 PM

he's a bloody good full back though

Best full back at hunslet by a country mile
hunslet hawks champions 2010

#8 hunslet ramone

hunslet ramone
  • Coach
  • 151 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:57 PM

One of the best tackling and attacking fullbacks Hunslets have had. We missed him badly early on last season. A favourite player of mine, and remember most players are not goalkickers.

#9 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 07:12 PM

One of the best tackling and attacking fullbacks Hunslets have had. We missed him badly early on last season. A favourite player of mine, and remember most players are not goalkickers.

Mr consistant mate. I struggle to think of many below par games the lads had for hunslet.

#10 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:07 PM

He was below par at st andrews

And the belfry

#11 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I dint go to that game was poorly

How sick were you???

#12 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:01 PM

Very sick was caught in bed with my uncle toms grandmother

Hahaha seen that coming a mile off

#13 Hunslet2012

Hunslet2012
  • Coach
  • 506 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:42 PM

he knows her very well he got a nasty viral infection from her

#14 maccca-6-

maccca-6-
  • Coach
  • 3,079 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:47 PM

I asked you to keep that to yourself mate haha. Nearly broke mi ankle aswell jumping out of window when hourglass got home early

#15 Blackbeard

Blackbeard
  • Coach
  • 1,783 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Oh not Val i hope.................

#16 noname6

noname6
  • Coach
  • 294 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

his tackling & support play is indeed very good, but his 'attacking' play is pretty poor tbh. Although of the other options tried no one stands out as been considerably better in attack.

#17 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 11:07 PM

I have got to say this and represent the majority. When I say majority I don't mean half a dozen people who post on here.

Kain is a steady player and quite safe as a FB. If you want this type of player then he is your man. But he has cost us 2 already at Wakey and we haven't even started.

However there is a young lad who came from the other team who kept Kain out for 3/4 of the season and he was only 21 years old.

He ripped it up in his first season and yes he made some bloopers but he also caused chaos against the opposition. In particular I remember a hat trick at Swinton and that time against York when he picked up the ball in the goal, tapped on the 20 and ran 60m untouched to feed Keinhorst.

Also against Batley, Halifax and Sheffield when he was close to MOTM in all of these. Even Brian Noble on Premier Sports gave him recognition.

He was dropped towards the end of the year as Rhinos screwed his mind and he also had to find a job which affected his game. Sounds familiar (Hood).

This year he has been put in the centres and although he is not built like a traditional centre nothing gets past him. At Wakey there was one try in the corner but the rest came down Maun's side hence Maun was subbed with Aston Wilson.

So getting back to it.....The said person played incredibly well last year in a team that was getting beat every week and thus was unable to shine. But this year, given the attacking possibilities it would be silly not to say he has potential to be the most dangerous attacking player in the team.

It was only 2 seasons ago he put 5 past Hull FC U20s and that team had the likes of 2 of the 3 Briscoes in the team and many more who are in their first team now.

So if he gets the chance I would expect to see 15 - 20 tries as a minimum this year if he goes back at FB.

We are all entitled to an opinion but thought this thread was a little one sided.

#18 The King Of Leon

The King Of Leon
  • 4,531 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:59 AM

Thats a fair comment gazmeister, no ones rated Kainy more than me, his defensive display at Widnes 2 seasons ago when he saved at least 5 certain tries lives long in the memory but time move on, hand on heart id say Watson just edges it now. Nice to have 2 good full backs though in the squad, what a pity we went down last season, i honestly beleive the Championship is far weaker this season and  we would be higher than Swinton, Rochdale , Whitehaven and Worky and on a par with Keighley North Wales and Donny with our present squad.

Posted Image

#19 Gazmeister

Gazmeister
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 06:56 AM

I agree. I do wonder whether the squad this year is better than last? They are certainly 'together' as one. There's also strong competition everywhere so who ever stalls will be replaced by an equal at least. Can't wait

#20 Penola

Penola
  • 610 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 08:03 AM

Yes a pity we went down but on reflection maybe a blessing in disguise as I still think we would be bottom 5 and would have gone down this season. Better we have a great chance of getting back up this term. Agree about Watson. Great young prospect. Kain still a good one but he's no Andy Kay!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users