Rugby League World - Grand Finals Issue

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD - THE GRAND FINALS ISSUE - OUT 17 OCT OR DOWNLOAD IT NOW!
Try our Fantastic 4-Issue Bundle Offer:
For just £14, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:

The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final drama from both hemispheres plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Open Letter to Featherstone Rovers

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Cliff in Myanmar

Cliff in Myanmar
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 07:41 PM

Dear Featherstone Rovers,

Please find below an enquiry that I sent to you several times last year to the following email addresses:

craig.poskitt@featherstonerovers.net

info@featherstonerovers.net

markcampbell@featherstonerovers.net

paultaylor@featherstonerovers.net

veronica@featherstonerovers.net

Having received no response from those emails I can only assume that the email addresses were wrong, or redundant. It is my hope through using the medium of this forum that you will eventually receive my message, although I will also post this message on the Featherstone Rovers Facebook group.

Dear Craig, Mark, Paul

I thought I'd wait until the off-season to get in touch as I realised you were all a bit busy at the back end of last season. Congratulations by the way on a wonderful campaign, and also on the build up to next season, I for one am very excited about 2014 , John Bastian and a host of new faces.

But....

I'm an overseas FEV fan, I get to one (sometimes two) games a year. Born in Ponte, I am a lifelong supporter, however for the past seven years I have lived away from the UK and therefore rely heavily on match reports, and facebook to follow the matches. Unfortunately I cannot receive mail, so periodically I get a pile of match DVD's from my dad as and when friends come out, or colleagues head back to the UK for a holiday, and I watch them back to back.

But...

Last year there was a big announcement that Rovers TV was making a comeback, it was reported to be happening in May alongside a new webpage....nothing happened!

Is Rovers TV something you are still working on? It can't be that much work to upload the game onto the web, and make it accessible only by a paid-for password?

The chance to buy a virtual season ticket that would give me and the many other overseas fans the chance to watch a recording of the games would be amazing!

Thanks, and good luck with the rest of the off-season

Cheers

Cliff Lonsdale

Edited by Cliff in Tanzania, 15 February 2014 - 07:50 PM.

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

#2 Saley2

Saley2
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:35 AM

Hi Cliff,

I am a Leigh Centurions fan and i recently set up Leigh Centurions TV which is a paid for service based on a yearly or monthly subscription.

See this link for details http://www.leighcent...urionstv/latest

I did contact a number of championship clubs to see if they would be interested in this service but got no response (one of those contacted was Fev)

I would be willing to talk to Fev about setting this up for them if they are interested?

Just to let you know Centurions TV has been running for just over 8 months and at yesterdays game v Batley i handed over a cheque for £10,000 :-) to the club.

We have had some great reviews on the service and im sure the featherstone fans would be please with the product we can deliver.

If you would like anymore details then please let me know

Yours in sport,

Stefan Sale

#3 Griff

Griff
  • Coach
  • 7,846 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

It's a great idea.  All clubs should consider it - after all, all the games are recorded anyway.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

#4 bigjohn

bigjohn
  • Coach
  • 975 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:47 PM

Put me down for some of that please

#5 Saley2

Saley2
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:19 PM

If someone could get someone from feather stone to contact me I'm more than happy to start the ball rolling with them

#6 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

Cliff,

There's a shortened 7 minute video of yesterdays highlights on the Dewsbury Fans Forum.

#7 Cliff in Myanmar

Cliff in Myanmar
  • Coach
  • 168 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 04:52 PM

Saley2, that's great news that a) it is possible and B) it seems to be profitable. I'm not sure anyone from the club reads this forum, my letter was more of a cry for help from someone who might have contacts within the club to bring it to their attention, as my emails had fallen on deaf ears. There seems to be some considerable interest in this idea and so hopefully the club will consider it.

Cheers Steve, as disappointing as the result was, I'm desperate to get my fix of FR. 7 minutes of video takes a couple of hours to download, and worth every minute.

10527261_10152163584386971_3057229316284

#8 Saley2

Saley2
  • Players
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

I'm someone who reads this must be in some form of contact with the board?

The offer of help is there should they wish to get in touch with me :-)

Good luck for the season it's going to be a cracking one

Stefan

#9 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,909 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:39 PM

Good news - raised this at the forum tonight - the club havent forgotten about it, obviously other things have taken priority over it but they are looking at overhauling the website as its poor at best at the minute, this overhaul is occuring within the next 8 weeks and with it they are hoping to increase their online prescence including more highlights etc, so i guess a case of watch this space at the minute

Edited by elppaxr2i, 19 February 2014 - 09:40 PM.

#10 tuutaisrambo

tuutaisrambo
  • Coach
  • 287 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:28 PM

I've recently illustrated a rovers TV logo..........This is defo happening....and looks like it's in development here

http://www.roverstv.co.uk

And may well work in conjunction with this

http://www.youtube.c...JkdU-bbLZx8dzQw

england_identity2.jpg1921_button.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users