Have we learnt nothing?

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
44 replies to this topic

#41 Johnoco

Johnoco
  • Coach
  • 20,362 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 06:50 AM

Most Muslims in Bradford are easily identifiable as the vast majority look the same. Ie men with beard and women with veil or headscarf. Hardly a hard job to identity.
The thing that gets me is that 20-30 years ago practically none dressed like that but now it is apparently essential.

Edited by Johnoco, 18 February 2014 - 06:53 AM.

#42 808tone

808tone
  • Coach
  • 746 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:37 AM

Most Muslims in Bradford are easily identifiable as the vast majority look the same. Ie men with beard and women with veil or headscarf. Hardly a hard job to identity.
The thing that gets me is that 20-30 years ago practically none dressed like that but now it is apparently essential.

Agree as most of the Muslim women in the past would where there tradiontnal dress with the headscarf very loose on a friday or festive's etc and other days would have there hair down.

#43 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:53 AM

Back on topic please, or thread gets locked.

Thank you.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

#44 Wolford6

Wolford6
  • Coach
  • 10,680 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:57 AM

In Bradford: -

- a lot of Sikh and Muslim women wear traditional dress of Shalwar Kameez ... long embroidered tunic and baggy trousers. The Sikhs and, I would guess 60% of the Muslims, are of Punjabi ethnic origin and that is their indigenous community language. Their female costumes are, to me, identical in style. The Sikhs seldom wear a headscarf; some Muslims do, some don't.

- Very few Hindu women wear traditional costume except for occasions such as a visit to the temple or a family celebration. Theirs is always a sari.

In recent years there has been a great increase in Muslim women wearing ankle-length plain sskirts and dresses, topped off with a hijab.

Under Scrutiny by the Right-On Thought Police

#45 John Drake

John Drake
  • Admin
  • 7,750 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:08 PM

Ok then, locked.

John Drake
Site Admin: TotalRL.com
TotalRL.com
Email: john.drake@totalrl.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic