MOM Dewsbury vs Fev

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 JCrabtree

JCrabtree
  • Coach
  • 153 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 01:34 PM

New season, new squad and surely some new silverware! After the game be sure to come on here and post your man of the match nominations, for today's game against Dewsbury Rams.

#2 il cattivo

il cattivo
  • Coach
  • 565 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:45 PM

anthony thackeray?

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

#3 sparks1

sparks1
  • Players
  • 57 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:16 PM

anthony thackeray

was motm today by a mile.

#4 jt

jt
  • Coach
  • 1,756 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:32 PM

1 Saxton
2 Sharp
3 Medeka

Thought Cording did well when he was on just a shame the coach didn't give him enough game time

#5 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:41 PM

Players that were playing well got taken off; James played well and so too did Bostock and my third choice is Cording;

#6 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:03 PM

Tommy Saxton

Bostock

Keegan Hirst

Jamie Cording played well too for the time he was on

Edited by Maureen T-k, 16 February 2014 - 06:04 PM.

Im Fev and im proud

#7 elppaxr2i

elppaxr2i
  • Coach
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:20 PM

1.Keiron Hyde

2.Anthony Thackery

3.Matt James

#8 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

Bostock was outstanding when he came on, and we lost impetus when he went off in the 2nd half. James broke well up the middle, and Bussey played well in difficult conditions.

1. Bostock

2. James

3. Bussey 

#9 BLUEROVER

BLUEROVER
  • Players
  • 96 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:32 PM

1. Medeka

2. James

3. Cording

#10 dydo

dydo
  • Coach
  • 733 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:33 PM

Bostock
James
Cording

#11 dregor

dregor
  • Players
  • 17 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:41 PM

Andy Bostock

Jamie Cording

Matty Dale

#12 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 263 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 03:03 PM

Tommy Saxton

Bostock

Keegan Hirst

Jamie Cording played well too for the time he was on

Have got to disagree wi thi on this one Maureen. Hirst,for his size, does not bust the tackles as he should be doing. As the saying goes, must do better. Si thi.

#13 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:50 PM

Have got to disagree wi thi on this one Maureen. Hirst,for his size, does not bust the tackles as he should be doing. As the saying goes, must do better. Si thi.

He won us two, or was it three, penalties in the first half when they couldn't hold him. He looked strong then but tailed away in the second half. I know Bostock is better coming of the bench, but he should have had more time on the field.

#14 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 263 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 03:55 PM

IMO Steve, Andy Bostock has, up to press, not shown his true potential.We bought him on the back of a truly magnificent performance against us at the Rams, a couple or three seasons ago, when, on that day he tore our defence to shreds. No one could hold him. I do not think that he has repeated such a performance since his acquisition.

#15 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,266 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:20 PM

IMO Steve, Andy Bostock has, up to press, not shown his true potential.We bought him on the back of a truly magnificent performance against us at the Rams, a couple or three seasons ago, when, on that day he tore our defence to shreds. No one could hold him. I do not think that he has repeated such a performance since his acquisition.

I think you've been watching a different game/team to me
Im Fev and im proud

#16 Deano44

Deano44
  • Coach
  • 371 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 08:39 PM

a bit late but thought.....

1.Saxton
2.James
3. Hirst

Not often I have said it but Locky had a stinker and made numerous mistakes/knock on's....I am sure he will put it right this week

#17 saddleworth

saddleworth
  • Coach
  • 263 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 03:19 PM

I think you've been watching a different game/team to me

No doubt you were at the game I am referring to, Maureen. In all honesty, has he repeated such a performance?. Good strong lad but has flattered to deceive IMO.

Edited by saddleworth, 19 February 2014 - 03:20 PM.

#18 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:43 PM

I disagree, the only time I've seen him miss a tackle was when he played in the centre and was exposed for pace out wide. Now he's moved to prop no-one gets past him, and his foraging runs are a bonus. I would like to see him at centre against Menzie Yere, however:- no real pace to worry about and he could dish him back some of his own medicine.

#19 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,951 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:05 PM

a bit late but thought.....

1.Saxton
2.James
3. Hirst

Not often I have said it but Locky had a stinker and made numerous mistakes/knock on's....I am sure he will put it right this week

Locky didn't reach anywhere near his usual high standard, but he took his try well.

For anyone who hasn't heard, it was Locky and not Mendeika that scored the first try.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users