Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 401 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, full colour, in-depth coverage from the grassroots through to the international game.
Click here for the digital edition or just download the Rugby League World app from Apple Newsstand or Google Play now.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 401
/ View a Gallery of all our previous 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 401
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

why are we hopeless away from home

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

#1 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 03:58 PM

Well ????

Lee Morton

Raiders have risen from the ashes

#2 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:11 PM

I dont think the result today means me are hopeless away from home. They have class in their side which we just dont have. They'll run us very close at home aswell I reckon.

I think we will have to wait a while before we can say this Barrow side is hopeless at away.

Edited by RSN, 16 February 2014 - 05:04 PM.

#3 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:41 PM

I didn't say we were hopeless at home mate just away. Last year we were hopeless away... is it going to continue ??

Lee Morton

#4 Raider94

Raider94
  • Coach
  • 301 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

I think crusaders are a better team than were giving them credit for, ran away with it after going a man down which is dissapointing. Hopefully we can get something out of next weeks game against leigh.

Tom Heighton

#5 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:05 PM

I didn't say we were hopeless at home mate just away. Last year we were hopeless away... is it going to continue ??

Don't know why I put home I've edited. Who knows maybe it is the travelling. This Crusaders side is a very good one though.

#6 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:26 PM

Please delete admin double post.

Edited by richie keay, 16 February 2014 - 08:23 PM.

Posted Image

#7 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:27 PM

Matched them in the 1st half but for some inexcusable reason were absolutely terrible when they went down to 12 men. I 've been saying it for long enough but why do we try and out muscle teams who are far bigger than ourselves down the middle of the park. The Crusaders pack are enormous, so why try to compete with them in the forwards.

We have a man more and they were by far the better team in the 2nd half. I thought Harrison and Dawson were our standout players, Grant finished his tries off well but needs to see more ball as does the whole of the outside backs.

Finally I was very impressed with North Wales, there team is going to be a match for most teams in our division especially at the Racecourse, which has very good facilities, also well done to the Crusaders army of fans you were brilliant, I wish we had vocal fans like that at home. 

Edited by richie keay, 17 February 2014 - 12:16 PM.

Posted Image

#8 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:44 PM

I'm confident about next week but beware Leigh beat Batley 52-12 today.

Posted Image

#9 RSN

RSN
  • Coach
  • 3,939 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 05:48 PM

I'm confident about next week but beware Leigh beat Batley 52-12 today.

Leigh have probably the best team in the Championship since RL went to licensing.

Their squad is probably stronger than our 2009 one. Next week is going to be very very tough.

#10 morty

morty
  • Coach
  • 2,155 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:15 PM

I agree RSN next week will be really really tough to get anything out of the game

Lee Morton

#11 clwydianrange

clwydianrange
  • Coach
  • 124 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:21 PM

A good game and closer than the score suggests. Well done the Barrow fans you were there in numbers and made some noise. That number 11 of yours looks a bit useful.

#12 Number 7

Number 7
  • Coach
  • 142 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:23 PM

Hope you all had a safe journey home, see you all in August.

Regards 7

#13 raiders96

raiders96
  • Coach
  • 379 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:44 PM

We matched them in the first half but just went downhill from there, not to be harsh but backy is not championship standards anymore! And cammy was poor today as well but I liked the looks of briscoe, quite confident of a bonus point minimum next week

#14 JC3

JC3
  • Coach
  • 123 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:52 PM

A good game and closer than the score suggests. Well done the Barrow fans you were there in numbers and made some noise. That number 11 of yours looks a bit useful.

Liam Harrison, constantly sounded out as one of the best back rowers in the league by other coaches

We did well first half and carried that on until the sending off, the game could have gone either way. After Platt got his red, our defence for some reason just seemed to fall apart and we never looked like scoring even with the amount of posession near the Crusaders line

#15 Sempur

Sempur
  • Coach
  • 557 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:55 PM

It does not help one tiny bit when our own SUPPORTERS shout that you are ###### when they are playing, regardless even if we are playing badly. Get behind the guys or ......you know the rest!!!

Whoso sheds his blood with me on this field shall be my brother - Henry V

#16 bearman

bearman
  • Coach
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:08 PM

I was really disappointed at our defence today.
Cru are a very good side though and there won't be many teams that match them at home.
Their fans are brilliant.
Ron Banks
Bears and Barrow

#17 Michael Ashton

Michael Ashton
  • Coach
  • 5,553 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:11 PM

Judging by the commentary it sounded as if we matched Crusaders for the half the game so I don't thin verbal abuse of players is at all necessary. Onwards and upwards let's look forward to next week against Leigh.

Posted Image

#18 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:54 PM

It does not help one tiny bit when our own SUPPORTERS shout that you are ###### when they are playing, regardless even if we are playing badly. Get behind the guys or ......you know the rest!!!

Posted Image

#19 richie keay

richie keay

Tipping Comp Winner

• Coach
  • 1,298 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:04 PM

Must admit i didn't hear any abuse directed at our players from where i was sat. If that is the case then it is totally unacceptable from our fans. We were beaten fairly and squarly today. Our team is very young, hungry and mostly inexperienced at this level. I'm sure given more game time, the team will gel, but i still think we are short of experience in the front row and a half back we can bring off the bench.
The Leigh deal with Haggerty seems to have gone very quiet. I hope we haven't been stitched up again.

Edited by richie keay, 16 February 2014 - 10:07 PM.

Posted Image

#20 gogledd

gogledd
  • Coach
  • 650 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 10:27 AM

A huge thank you to all the Barrow fans making the trip down to North Wales. It was great to see you all and, result apart I hope you enjoyed your day. See you all in August.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users