Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
* * * * - 2 votes

Dewsbury 11 Featherstone 10

Back to reality?

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

#61 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:33 PM

Your not very gracious in defeat are you! All were doing is celebrating what was a good win just like you did a couple of seasons ago when you beat cas in challenge cup and rightly so! As for saying we won't finish top 4 if we do brilliant if not it's not end of the world,what's to say you will? Baring in mind what you,Leigh & fax are spending that should be top 3 sorted,but I think eagles will have something to say about that!

#62 The Phantom Horseman

The Phantom Horseman
  • Coach
  • 254 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 06:43 PM

Dewsbury were magnificent defensively on Sunday and deserved to win. On that evidence (& their pre season results) theres no reason why they shouldnt be top 4 at least. We lacked a bit of guile on Sunday, hopefully that wil come as the newcomers gel, but most Fev fans I have spoken to accepted we were beaten by a good team last weekend.

#63 graham fisher

graham fisher
  • Coach
  • 449 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:11 PM

I said when fixtures came out the best time to play you was in 1st game which was proved right,because with all new players still gelling plus Kain & Briggs out injured. Good luck for the season

#64 Steve Slater

Steve Slater
  • Coach
  • 1,862 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:57 PM

What was the difference between last year at your place and this? Just the bounce of the ball IMO, either game could have gone either way. I just hope it gives your side confidence and you kick on from here, and finish much higher this time.

You've got to be fair as well, and take points off Sheffield, Fax and Leigh!

#65 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 11:22 AM

wow....amazing what a win does.....now dewsbury fans believe they will now conquer all !! they still wont finish in top 4.....now run along

Not all Dewsbury fans

We won on the day and you lost
think Featherstone fans... Or some of them need to put this result to bed and look forward.. It happened.. The record books show it

Concentrate your arrogance and concentration on Halifax..

If not

Might be played 2 lost 2

;)

#66 Maureen T-k

Maureen T-k
  • 5,170 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:38 PM

Not all Dewsbury fans
We won on the day and you lost
think Featherstone fans... Or some of them need to put this result to bed and look forward.. It happened.. The record books show it
Concentrate your arrogance and concentration on Halifax..
If not
Might be played 2 lost 2
;)

I'd put my disappointment behind me by the time I'd got home, I've had way far to many ups and downs on the Fev roller coaster in all my years of being a Fev fan, onwards and upwards!!
Im Fev and im proud

#67 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:55 PM

That's the spirit Maureen
It was a loss... Not the first nor the last, and I do think it was a good result for you in the long run...

You'll see ;)

Edited by coolie, 20 February 2014 - 12:56 PM.

#68 The Grinder

The Grinder
  • Coach
  • 637 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

That's the spirit Maureen
It was a loss... Not the first nor the last, and I do think it was a good result for you in the long run...

You'll see ;)

Hi Coolie,

Was good to see you Sunday, wasn't my forcast way out :) well played !

All the best for the rest of the year and hope to see you at POR later in the year.

Regards,
Dave

I'm sure I'll think of something funny to say soon.

#69 coolie

coolie
  • Coach
  • 3,858 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 02:48 PM

Hi Coolie,
Was good to see you Sunday, wasn't my forcast way out :) well played !
All the best for the rest of the year and hope to see you at POR later in the year.
Regards,
Dave

Hi Dave
Yeah was good to have a catch up
Was a great match and at least for us a fab result.. ;)

I'm sure your lot will be fine for the season... A little blip

Did robin walk out before halftime???

The description sounded like him??

Cheers
Neil

#70 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:14 PM

Did robin walk out before halftime???

The description sounded like him??

Cheers
Neil

At afe time??? It was an intriguing game. I can assure you there must have been two bespectacled ginger blokes leaving.... I was there til 15 secs before the hooter as rich n glyn will attest.
"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#71 Robin Evans

Robin Evans

Robin Evans

• Coach
  • 9,956 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

Just thinking.... I did shout to scotty."I've had enough of thi, I'm off" as I changed ends!! Poss misinterpretation??
You've only to know scotty to realise 40 mins of endurance of his company is way more than the average bloke can take Neil.
Even all his mates told him they were going behind tge sticks and then sneaked off in the stand whilst he wasn't looking!!!

Edited by Robin Evans, 20 February 2014 - 03:18 PM.

"I love our club, absolutely love it". (Overton, M 2007)

#72 sandalrover

sandalrover
  • Players
  • 63 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 10:07 PM

I can vouch for Robin - 79 minutes and 45 seconds of frustrating,enjoyable game time.
If I were a neutral I would have enjoyed it as a good old fashioned blood n guts mud bath. It took me till Wednesday to get to that place in my head.
As Maureen says- it's a rollercoaster, but the the trend is still upwards, let's not forget that.
Counting the days down to Sunday now where hopefully we will recapture our form

Rich.

#73 LOWFIELD

LOWFIELD
  • Featherstone Rovers Forum
  • 3,823 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 06:12 AM

That 1st half was the most enjoyable 40 mins of rugby iv seen for a long time

#74 oldrover

oldrover
  • Coach
  • 6,041 posts