Rugby League World Issue 400 - Out Now!

RUGBY LEAGUE WORLD MAGAZINE - ISSUE 400 - OUT NOW!
84 pages, 38 years of history from Open Rugby to the present day.
Click here for the digital edition to read online via smartphone, tablet and desktop devices including iPhone, iPad, Android & Kindle HD.
Click here to order a copy for delivery by post. Annual subscriptions also available worldwide.
Find out what's inside Issue 400
/ View a Gallery of all 400 covers / WH Smith Branches stocking Issue 400
Read Jamie Jones-Buchanan's Top 5 RLW Interviews including Marwan Koukash, Lee Briers, Gareth Thomas, Steve Ganson & Matt King OBE

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Leigh stewards

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:04 PM

Apart from the fact we have just been dismantled by a very good Leigh team today who thoroughly deserved the win that is the last time I will ever visit the Leigh sports village . I have never witnessed such a set of jobsworth individuals as the ones I have witnessed today . God help them if they ever took control of a football match or a game of rugby with any notorious people looking for trouble . Just stood at the bottom of the steps waiting for anyone with their left toe hanging in the yellow lines or god forbid anyone trying to support there team by ringing a bell . If the bell is an alleged "throwable object " why was it let in the ground in the first place ? I have never been to an away game and seen stewards come up stairs every 5 seconds with random issues . People were having banter and just watching the game supporting there team . These jobsworth fools could have just stood back and laughed at the banter but clearly were on a power rush . Absolute disgrace .
Posted Image

#2 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:08 PM

Apart from the fact we have just been dismantled by a very good Leigh team today who thoroughly deserved the win that is the last time I will ever visit the Leigh sports village . I have never witnessed such a set of jobsworth individuals as the ones I have witnessed today . God help them if they ever took control of a football match or a game of rugby with any notorious people looking for trouble . Just stood at the bottom of the steps waiting for anyone with their left toe hanging in the yellow lines or god forbid anyone trying to support there team by ringing a bell . If the bell is an alleged "throwable object " why was it let in the ground in the first place ? I have never been to an away game and seen stewards come up stairs every 5 seconds with random issues . People were having banter and just watching the game supporting there team . These jobsworth fools could have just stood back and laughed at the banter but clearly were on a power rush . Absolute disgrace .

Anyone taking a bell in is an end!!

#3 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 752 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:15 PM

They must have moved the stewards across with them from Hilton Park. I actually got one removed from the ground when we visited.That's different getting a steward removed. Enjoyed it!

#4 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:17 PM

I take it you lost?

We`re on a road to Nowhere.......................

#5 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:25 PM

I take it you lost?

Can you not read ? You dismantled us I have no issue with that as mentioned ! It would have been nice to watch the game without the stewards coming up the steps every 5 seconds however looking for things that weren't there . Hope that helps . Good luck for the rest of the season you have an outstanding team just a shame you have a set of numptoid stewards .
Posted Image

#6 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 06:35 PM

Aye I can read....... Unfortunately the Stewards will be monitored by CCTV and no doubt will be advised to police/steward their areas accordingly. There is plenty of room in the North Stand, so if for instance someone chooses to stand in the yellow areas, they`re doing it to for a reaction or are dismissive ignorant individuals.

Ps why would anyone want to take a Bell to a RL game?

#7 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:24 PM

I really do not understand their rules. We had our bag checked on entry and allowed to take in a 1L flask yet someone in front had a small can of Strongbow confiscated. I also witnessed the bell being confiscated, pathetic stewarding.

Well done Leigh, totally outplayed us.

#8 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,077 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:27 PM

A Bell, WFT, Mark if you or anyone else took a bell to the game you should have been chucked out for being as someone alluded to "a bell end"

#9 leytherjay

leytherjay
  • Coach
  • 188 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:31 PM

The stewards were a joke today but they were targeting leigh fans as well..........jobsworth idiots springs to mind and made me laugh when the 1 with the dark glasses got involved trying to play the hard man (he was about 60 and looked soft as ######).......shocked no-one smacked him TBH.

Sorry about their attitude as 95% of them are ok.......Good luck for the rest of the season.

NRC CHAMPIONS 2011 & 2013

#10 Mark B

Mark B
  • Coach
  • 2,199 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 07:37 PM

[quote name="Gary Coyle" post="2881884" timestamp="1392578852"]

A Bell, WFT, Mark if you or anyone else took a bell to the game you should have been chucked out for being as someone alluded to "a bell end"[/quote

Gary , the bell was a side issue (and wasn't mine ) there were numerous crazy things went on with them . This is rugby not football . If you were there you would have got chucked out for having a camera too big , never seen such pathetic behaviour from a group of orange jacketed individuals with a chip on their shoulder .
Posted Image

#11 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 11:32 PM

I really do not understand their rules. We had our bag checked on entry and allowed to take in a 1L flask yet someone in front had a small can of Strongbow confiscated. I also witnessed the bell being confiscated, pathetic stewarding.

Well done Leigh, totally outplayed us.

Not one for defending general jobsworthery (new word of the day for you there) but it's actually a criminal offence to take alcohol in to a British sports ground if memory serves me right so they were perfectly justified on this occasion.

#12 wayneg

wayneg
  • Coach
  • 137 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:05 AM

Not one for defending general jobsworthery (new word of the day for you there) but it's actually a criminal offence to take alcohol in to a British sports ground if memory serves me right so they were perfectly justified on this occasion.

Sorry that wasn't my point, the content of the can was irrelevent. Not sure on the alcohol laws but I believe it wouldn't matter if it was a can of Stongbow or a can of Pepsi. On a previous visit to the LSV a Steward approached my Son and asked if he would mind pouring his can of coke into a plastic glass, very friendly steward who went and fetched us a cup.

You can't take a 330ml can of coke in but you can a 1L flask, I just don't get the can policy or the bell incedent. As said we are talking rugby league, not football.

Edited by wayneg, 17 February 2014 - 12:04 PM.

#13 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 07:51 AM

I think two seasons ago I had to dump a can of coke I had taken into the LSV.

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#14 sweaty craiq

sweaty craiq
  • Coach
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:05 AM

I think two seasons ago I had to dump a can of coke I had taken into the LSV.

That must of hurt, especially if it came out sideways

Edited by sweaty craiq, 17 February 2014 - 09:06 AM.

#15 Piggy's mate

Piggy's mate
  • Coach
  • 3,040 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:13 AM

That must of hurt, especially if it came out sideways

They extent us tight Yorkshire folk will go to so we don't have to pay stadium prices for drinks! :sarcastic:

2010 Northern Rail Cup Winners & 2013 Championship Finalists

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb: 

#16 Crown Flatter

Crown Flatter
  • Coach
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 11:59 AM

Cannot find anything that states it is criminal offence to take alcohol into a British Sports ground. It is illegal to be drunk in such a place!

Where did you get your information?
Legs, Dews, Legs.

#17 fredm

fredm
  • Coach
  • 1,480 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 12:05 PM

All football grounds have a "no alcohol" policy, whether that is by general law or just applicable to those grounds by some other means I don't know.  Presumably as Leigh have several football clubs playing at that stadium the stewards are trained up to apply the law across the board for all events.

#18 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,056 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:01 PM

All football grounds have a "no alcohol" policy, whether that is by general law or just applicable to those grounds by some other means I don't know.  Presumably as Leigh have several football clubs playing at that stadium the stewards are trained up to apply the law across the board for all events.

Pedantic I know Fred but this is a rule of the ground, not a "law" which is quite different.

Try taking cans of beer into Headingley for a county championship cricket game and no-one will bat an eyelid. Try doing the same for a test match and it will be confiscated. I may be cynical but I think it is simply to do with making more money out of the spectators.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#19 Leyther_Matt

Leyther_Matt
  • Coach
  • 996 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:02 PM

Cannot find anything that states it is criminal offence to take alcohol into a British Sports ground. It is illegal to be drunk in such a place!

Where did you get your information?

As taken from the Sporting Events (Control of Alcohol etc) Act 1985; "Being in possession of any intoxicating liquor, or bottle, can or other portable container and which could cause damage or personal injury when entering the Ground".

#20 Bartholemew Smythe

Bartholemew Smythe
  • Coach
  • 651 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 02:54 PM

Only Blackburn Rovers Reserves use the LSV.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users