TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Match Report: Leigh Centurions 52-12 Batley Bulldogs

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 08:50 PM

http://www.batleybul...ihilated-at-lsv

Only one thing worse than having to sit through that today, and that's to have to recount it again this evening.

#2 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 09:06 PM

Thanks for the report Mark. I managed to make it today and know how depressing that must have been to write. I am not sure that the Leigh pack was overwhelmingly better than ours, but their backs, especially at half back were outstanding. I am not sure that Connor is right for the wing at the moment, and we really missed Black today, Davies is no half back!

#3 AlanE

AlanE
  • Coach
  • 425 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:06 PM

http://www.batleybul...ihilated-at-lsv

Only one thing worse than having to sit through that today, and that's to have to recount it again this evening.

As always Mark, a very fair report.

It's going to be tough for the Bulldogs to get over the loss of so many quality players from last season but, knowing the way JK works, and the spirit of  Batley, I'm sure they'll recover quickly.

Good luck for the rest of the season, except when we come to yours, or in any potential play-off game!!

#4 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,900 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:14 PM

Soft in the forwards, Leigh went through us like a knife through butter. JKs desire to sign hardly any three quarters has today bitten him on the ass as we were paper thin out wide.

Have to wonder where the excellent defence went today, possibly the worst ive seen in a long time abd the most points weve shipped since Katls first game in charge at Barrow.

Credit to Leigh who played well and took full advantage of how poor we were, but i fear most other sides would have done the same today.

To cap off a frustrating day Dewsbury won and one of our forwards was seen collecting money from a bookies in Batley. The mind boggles.

Next week against Workington is a must win already.

Edited by buford t justice, 16 February 2014 - 10:17 PM.

What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#5 Lone Drinker

Lone Drinker
  • Coach
  • 270 posts

Posted 16 February 2014 - 10:18 PM

It was reminiscent of the 42-12 play-off defeat at Sheffield the year before last.

#6 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,977 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:34 AM

I think Batley will get a few hammerings this season. Tough times ahead

#7 olddoggy

olddoggy
  • Players
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:01 PM

Is there actually a point to this comment except to stir things up? You are some piece of work. You display the IQ of an earthworm.

#8 Nick07

Nick07
  • Coach
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:14 PM

At least earthworms generally stay underground

#9 Chairman LMAO

Chairman LMAO
  • Coach
  • 3,958 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 08:36 PM

Come on now, the greater-spotted Rombo only gets the chance to crow once every 7 years or so! Let him have his day in the sun! Now, where's Townie? Tranquilizer? Foolie? Bring them on!!

#10 distantdog

distantdog
  • Coach
  • 2,780 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:09 PM

Couldn't agree more Chairman. It's the nature of the forums. When you are up you enjoy it, when you are down you just have to take it on the chin.

#11 silverback

silverback
  • Coach
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:27 PM

best make sure your not one game wonders first maybe, i were talking to a fev lad  this morning that said you played very well, but fev dident take both 2 pointers offered under the sticks, and for some reason forgot to put flanny back on with 15 to go when he had changed the game first half when he came on and we all know how good george is in the last few minutes of any game :hunter:

#12 LuckyDog

LuckyDog
  • Players
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 February 2014 - 09:31 PM

Ouch, it was tough to watch yesterday. Under Karl and JK, our spirit has nearly always got us through some sticky patches, our teams of the last 4 years have rarely been out fought, their quality players were usually the difference when we lost - the odd exception obviously.

Yesterday, I feared tries whenever they attacked. We had no pace whatsoever, players were looking around for answers and inspiration and they broke our first tackles so many times.

Only player I can give credit to was John Davies, usual magnificent work rate, but we had so many off days, and the dual regs looked not up to speed. The new guys need to embrace the bulldog spirit and fast! Ben Black had a great afternoon, showed us how much we missed him!

Leigh were good, their half backs were tremendous, they usually are over there, but I don't think they'll get an easier afternoon this season.

Anyway, onwards and upwards. JK is no mug, and that's a wake up call.

#13 John North

John North
  • Coach
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:48 PM

Think the result surprised most neutrals, but Leigh have to be favourites this time around based on their recruitment.
I for one will be making no predictions about how this season will pan out.
I will however pretend that I did if Dewsbury happen to get a top 5-6 finish.
Best of luck for the rest of the season.
Red Amber Black - Its that simple

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users