TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Team for Batley

• Please log in to reply
102 replies to this topic

#21 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:21 PM

Seriously out of condition by the look of it

#22 Keith T

Keith T
  • Coach
  • 9,007 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 02:28 PM

It will be very interesting to see what team is selected this week and how they play.    I presume the team will be picked by Luppy and Butch so there could be a few surprises, maybe?    Batley are very well off in the forwards but not so well off in the backs and it was in the backs where Leigh ran riot against them last week, apparently.    We have the element of surprise this week as they will not know how we will line up or play either.   It is a game that not many would have us down for a win, even though we won there in the league last year, so I would go for it and play an expansive sort of game.    

I remember when .............................

"It is impossible not to feel a twinge of sympathy for Workington Town, the fall guys this season for the Super League's determination to retain it's European dimension, in the shape of Paris. While the French have had every assistance to survive, the importance of having a flagship in a heartland area like West Cumbria has been conveniently forgotten." - Dave Hadfield - Independent 25th August 1996.

#23 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:57 PM

Reporter Andy Hunt is retweeted on the Batley Twitter page as stating:
"Craig Barker & Peter Lupton take charge v @BatleyRLFC on Sunday."
Common sense says, that is the probable short-term solution, however, does anyone know if that has been officially announced?

#24 The Voodooguru

The Voodooguru
  • Coach
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:13 PM

Reporter Andy Hunt is retweeted on the Batley Twitter page as stating:
"Craig Barker & Peter Lupton take charge v @BatleyRLFC on Sunday."
Common sense says, that is the probable short-term solution, however, does anyone know if that has been officially announced?

Officially on news & star website.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

#25 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 09:23 PM

Officially on news & star website.

Thanks Voodooguru.

#26 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:30 PM

Two general pieces of information:

Match Officials for Batley.
Ref: G Stokes

Without doubt the worst ref I have ever seen.

#27 GeordieTownie

GeordieTownie
  • Coach
  • 1,457 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:35 PM

Worse than last weeks?

#28 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 12:36 PM

Worse than last weeks?

Doubt he will be

#29 Oneday

Oneday
  • Coach
  • 1,083 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:11 PM

Worse than last weeks?

Much worse. Those that saw him last year at DP ( struggling to remember who it was against now) will recall an utterly inept and inconsistent performance that probably did lose us the game.

#30 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

Much worse. Those that saw him last year at DP ( struggling to remember who it was against now) will recall an utterly inept and inconsistent performance that probably did lose us the game.

He gifted Dewsbury a bonus point when we were leading 22 0
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

#31 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:49 PM

He gifted Dewsbury a bonus point when we were leading 22 0

I thought we won 22-6

#32 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 20 February 2014 - 01:54 PM

That was leatherbarra. Touchie signalled knock on and he ignored him . By the way , in our pack that day were Dowes , J Walne , Adam Lawton and Acton ... George Stokes may have big errors in him but he's way further up the line than Bloem .

#33 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:35 PM

I see Gaskell has gone on loan, so that's another body were down.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#34 town4me

town4me
  • Workington
  • 2,089 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:42 PM

I see Gaskell has gone on loan, so that's another body were down.

where too??

#35 wonky

wonky
  • Coach
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:46 PM

where too??

cumbria storm.
the futures bright,the futures blue and white

#36 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 01:48 PM

He's obviously never gonna figure for whatever reason . If you're not getting a gig in this squad as a prop you're getting a clear message . Shame , a really good committed lad

#37 Supporter

Supporter
  • Coach
  • 462 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:11 PM

For the second week running Adam Walne is not in the Salford 19. He desperately need competitive match time and it's not far from Salford to Batley!

#38 scott

scott
  • Workington
  • 1,290 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:17 PM

For the second week running Adam Walne is not in the Salford 19. He desperately need competitive match time and it's not far from Salford to Batley!

Jordan is in though, I thought Adam would be ahead of Jordan tbh

#39 DavidM

DavidM
  • Coach
  • 6,355 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 03:29 PM

Me to . But hopefully that helps us if we keep after him . If any of these links to guys are ever gonna happen it must be soon , like before Swinton which is shaping up to be ginormously ginormous

Edited by DavidM, 21 February 2014 - 03:31 PM.

#40 gillmeister

gillmeister
  • Coach
  • 1,235 posts

Posted 21 February 2014 - 05:35 PM

He's obviously never gonna figure for whatever reason . If you're not getting a gig in this squad as a prop you're getting a clear message . Shame , a really good committed lad

The lads a work in progress he's only 18/19 and on the way back from a bad injury the game time will do him good. More concerning Is nobodies team would have mcgoff in there!
Forget Chuck and Chad I am the real legend killer

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users