Can we top 2,000 v Whitehaven?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#21 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 11:29 AM

Wasn't it 2007 we got 2,010 on sky against Whitehaven? Can't remember if it was bring a friend for free or something but we did do it so why can't we try do it again in 2 weeks time?

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 18 February 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#22 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

I was there on Sunday as I always am with the family.

My lad took part in one of the half time games of the Sharks. Needless to say the parents who attended with the team were impressed with the on field display, which might encourage a few of them to spend more time at the Rams this year. A family ticket would be a good idea. Take the Rhinos for example £20.00 per adult £10.00 per Junior. Thats £60.00 for a family of 4! we could shave £34.00 off that and still do ok out of it (effectively kids go free). Excellent value for money especially if we see more of what was on show last Sunday.   

Edited by muddyfunster, 18 February 2014 - 01:00 PM.

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#23 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:09 PM

Wasn't it 2007 we got 2,010 on sky against Whitehaven? Can't remember if it was bring a friend for free or something but we did do it so why can't we try do it again in 2 weeks time?

I believe that the combination of our first ever televised home match and free admission had something to do with it DTID.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#24 guest from down under

guest from down under
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 01:51 PM

Anything over 1400 and i would be well pleased .

#25 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:17 PM

After yesterday's big crowd, although helped by a good fev following it got me thinking, why can't we top 2,000 again in 2 weeks time against Whitehaven? Obviously it will be difficult but not impossible. I think the Saturday before the home match with Whitehaven will be a good opportunity to go into the town and dish out the flyers. Get roger, volunteers, afew players and cheerleaders down there and let's promote our wonderful club the day before the Whitehaven match? Also if everyone can set a target of bringing a new mate to the game next week this will help, we can all do our bit to get the crowds up and get the lads the support they deserve. Plenty of good things happening this year at the club, on and off the pitch. Getting over 2,000 against Whitehaven isn't impossible, so let's all set outselves a target to bring a new fan or fans to the next home match. We can do it! Discuss???

i know im dull and might have mentioned it a million times before, but Bringing a mate would have been a whole lot easier with the old "bring a mate for a fiver" voucher in with the season tickets. If, and I mean if we do beat Rochdale and then Doncaster why not introduce a similar offer for the games against Whitehaven and Workington ? All season ticket holders could bring someone through for a fiver ? If we can start winning and get a few more in to boost the atmosphere then that will be a start.

#26 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 18 February 2014 - 09:51 PM

What wouldn't go a miss, is if Robyn or someone else involved in the club could have an opinion on this as without a go ahead from the club we can't do anything other than try getting our mates to games ourselves. This as you say nick would be easier to do if we was allowed to use bring a mate for a fiver vouchers against say the less supported sides in the division. Maybe this is something the club could do later on in the season as it's only home game 2 against Whitehaven. I do think though that we should go into town the day before the Whitehaven home match though to do some promoting and dish out them flyers but until anyone from the club gives to go ahead, nothing we can do

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 18 February 2014 - 09:55 PM.

#27 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 07:16 AM

DTID re the flyers have you rung the club ? Robyn may not read the message board.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#28 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 08:14 AM

Iv spoke to roger on Facebook. Think he's going to mension it tonight. If not il try ringing the club

#29 buford t justice

buford t justice
  • Coach
  • 1,902 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 12:58 PM

One win against Featherstone and you are all really getting far too carried away - it'll be all doom and gloom again if you get beat at Rochdale on Sunday.

For once I agree with Coolie - a gate of 1000 would be a major achievement against a Cumbrian club who wont bring many fans.
What we're dealing with here is a complete lack of respect for the law

#30 muddyfunster

muddyfunster
  • Coach
  • 962 posts

Posted 19 February 2014 - 01:15 PM

One win against Featherstone and you are all really getting far too carried away - it'll be all doom and gloom again if you get beat at Rochdale on Sunday.

For once I agree with Coolie - a gate of 1000 would be a major achievement against a Cumbrian club who wont bring many fans.

Think it's more about positivity within the club at the moment rather than getting carried away by the Fev result. For the first time in years we seem to have hit the ground running. Improvements to the ground strengthening the squad a decent pre-season all backed up by one of the most heroic defensive displays on the field for years. Lets be optimistic for a change...

Barr humbug... Batley. 

The future's bright, the future's RED AMBER & BLACK!

http://www.jmgaskets-seals.co.uk/

name.png

#31 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 06:38 PM

So now wev won 3 on bounce, I see Andy hunt from the reporter as tweeted that glen is appealing towards supporters to turn up in good numbers next week against Whitehaven, so let's do our bit this week and get on to friends and family and entice them to come to the match v haven! Let's try get the lads a big support that they deserve. Was nice to hear radio Leeds praise the large rams support at Doncaster today and glen is also chuffed to bits with the teams support so far. It would be good to also do the flyer push this weekend in town if the weathers good, anyone else up for it? Would be great if we could pack the southstand with rams fans next weekend!

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 02 March 2014 - 06:40 PM.

#32 YOUNG UN

YOUNG UN
  • Coach
  • 767 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:01 PM

So now wev won 3 on bounce, I see Andy hunt from the reporter as tweeted that glen is appealing towards supporters to turn up in good numbers next week against Whitehaven, so let's do our bit this week and get on to friends and family and entice them to come to the match v haven! Let's try get the lads a big support that they deserve. Was nice to hear radio Leeds praise the large rams support at Doncaster today and glen is also chuffed to bits with the teams support so far. It would be good to also do the flyer push this weekend in town if the weathers good, anyone else up for it? Would be great if we could pack the southstand with rams fans next weekend!

The club and the lads deserve it. 3 Wins out of 3, 2 away from home. Everything around the club is positive at the moment and another win next week, could be top of the pile. Sheffield beat at home today and there next up in the league after Haven. I think its Worky and Swinton then before we meet our friends from across the valley. Could be a special Easter this year! Early days yet but I have a good feel about this season.

#33 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 929 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 07:07 PM

Great result against a good Donny side. 3 wins in a row and 3 unchanged teams when was the last time that happened ?
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#34 Tom Ward

Tom Ward
  • Players
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 March 2014 - 09:52 PM

Well done to the Rams for their hard fought victory against the Dons. Keep it up guys. I'll be there next Sunday against Whitehaven, + 2 Others. Lets all get the gate count up.

#35 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:02 PM

Think, and it pains me to say so, that we could pick up a few tips from the Doggies in the marketing stakes...check out this link. http://www.loverugby...aise-funds.html
Not sure I can be bothered helping the Bulls, they've dug their own hole, but £10 and family tickets and trying to get SL fans who have already played their games on a Friday is spot on.

#36 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,759 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:21 PM

Think, and it pains me to say so, that we could pick up a few tips from the Doggies in the marketing stakes...check out this link. http://www.loverugby...aise-funds.html
Not sure I can be bothered helping the Bulls, they've dug their own hole, but £10 and family tickets and trying to get SL fans who have already played their games on a Friday is spot on.

That's not what some of their fans are saying on their forum Nick. There are lots of complaints about their poor promotional efforts, which don't sound too unfamiliar.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#37 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,140 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:26 PM

That's not what some of their fans are saying on their forum Nick. There are lots of complaints about their poor promotional efforts, which don't sound too unfamiliar.

Fair point BSJ. Unfortunately I make a point of not visiting the doggies forum. Have to say I like this effort though.

#38 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:41 PM

Can we get 2000 in this weekend?

With the under 12's initiative (buy the Reporter on Friday and get a voucher for U12's to enter the Whitehaven game for free) With the fantastic effort by supporters to get people to our games, with our marketing efforts and performance on the field -  I see no reason why we can't get 2000 this weekend.

Tom Coates has put together the following poster, print it, share it and lets go forward together - Rampaging onward!!!

Bgt_K_o1_IYAAx_Us_O.jpg

Edited by Official Rams Updates, 03 March 2014 - 07:41 PM.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#39 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:55 PM

Is they anyway you can get on to Robyn mate about doing a promotion in town one weekend? Get the fans, afew players and the cheerleaders down along with roger and dish them out? I'm willing to help and imsure others would too . We need to pick a good warm weekend though, preferably the day before we have an home match

#40 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

Also we need the reporter and the press to make it a big priority to talk us up about trying to get a big crowd this weekend and wanting a big support... Need the club to get on to Andy hunt and also the press. Also need yourself to hammer the message across twitter and Facebook about bringing mates and family's to matches. We can do it if we all try

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users