Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Can we top 2,000 v Whitehaven?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#41 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 10:31 PM

We'll iv done my bit and got 1 new fan to come Sunday so far.. Working on others. Please all do your bit. Iv spoke to Andy hunt tonight and the reporter are doing a big piece on it in Fridays paper . It's out there on the rams twitter and Facebook too , so all do your bit and help get the lads a support they deserve. #utr

#42 Shipley Ram

Shipley Ram
  • Coach
  • 275 posts

Posted 03 March 2014 - 11:36 PM

I'll be there + 4
RUGBY LEAGUE IS MY RELIGION.
CROWN FLATT IS MY CHURCH.

#43 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 08:50 AM

Just sent this message out to all my many rams fans mobile numbers....... Hi everyone. Try bring afew mates Sunday or family members. On twitter and Facebook that the Club are trying to get 2,000 Sunday and want everyone get on to friends and family members to come along. Big piece in reporter about it Friday with free kids vouchers too. Pass it on and let's all try do our bit and top 2,000... Already now got afew new fans coming Sunday. If I can do it and Shipley ram and tom ward, I'm sure we all can! Roll on Sunday!

#44 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 09:48 AM

That's not what some of their fans are saying on their forum Nick. There are lots of complaints about their poor promotional efforts, which don't sound too unfamiliar.

That's not what some of their fans are saying on their forum Nick. There are lots of complaints about their poor promotional efforts, which don't sound too unfamiliar.

Think, and it pains me to say so, that we could pick up a few tips from the Doggies in the marketing stakes...check out this link. http://www.loverugby...aise-funds.html
Not sure I can be bothered helping the Bulls, they've dug their own hole, but £10 and family tickets and trying to get SL fans who have already played their games on a Friday is spot on.

Commendable of the dogs to help out the Bulls when their so called partner club don't seem to be lifting a finger. :angel:

#45 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:00 PM

Commendable of the dogs to help out the Bulls when their so called partner club don't seem to be lifting a finger. :angel:

Well I'll happily lift a finger Grumpy!

:pickeat:

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#46 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 12:56 PM

I see Glenn's even doing his bit. Out delivering flyers to schools as we speak..

#47 sadram

sadram
  • Coach
  • 316 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:04 PM

bye the way d.t.i.d. how are you getting on with running the supporters bus?/

Posted Image

#48 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 02:33 PM

That will be all sorted soon sad ram. Got the full prices for all 16, 24 seaters and coaches to all away matches from fourway. The bus however to Rochdale and Doncaster wasn't worth running as numbers weren't high enough and some fans didn't wish to go on heavy drinking session with the Barmy army so drove and made other arrangements. Unfortunately it's going to have to be 2 separate trips for it to work. I don't mind sorting it though as it looks poor on the club not having an official supporters bus to matches and if as numbers and interest is high. I'm sure the longer trips where people won't want to go in cars will be easier and more popular.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 March 2014 - 02:39 PM.

#49 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

I see Glenn's even doing his bit. Out delivering flyers to schools as we speak..

And GOR's bringing his missus on Sunday I hear.

:girlinlove:

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#50 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 05:03 PM

Haha. Iv just called in to club and are taking some flyers for dewsbury moor and dewsbury Celtic along with fixture list posters. Be great if someone from shaw cross sharks and thornill area could do same. We need to get the rams in the public eye, especially the amatuer clubs. Remind them we are here, they is a semi pro team in out town. Il drop some at hanging Heaton wmc too as usually is busy Sundays and they also have a rl amatuer team

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 04 March 2014 - 05:05 PM.

#51 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 06:55 PM

I wouldn't waste the money - I've only taken her to one match (Barracudas at Fartown as it happens) - at half time she asked me "who are  the ones in the red, amber and black shirts again?" . I'll see how the girl friends fixed. ;)

#52 Gary Coyle

Gary Coyle
  • Coach
  • 7,138 posts

Posted 04 March 2014 - 07:39 PM

Is she the travelling reserve

#53 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,691 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:16 AM

:tongue:  :tongue:  She's more fearsome than Haggerty - when she's got a strop on anyway.

#54 havenandproud

havenandproud
  • Whitehaven
  • 125 posts

Posted 05 March 2014 - 11:39 AM

Lets hope haven turn up this week and giv u a game.
haven and proud till i die

#55 Coachman

Coachman
  • Banned
  • 66 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 03:33 PM

I'd imagine haven will bring the usual dozen or so.
Predict DEWS 38 haven 6

#56 thehullram

thehullram
  • Coach
  • 228 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 06:30 PM

Any victory, to get 4 out of 4, would be great. We've won a couple of close matches, that last year I think we would have lost.

Be interesting to see if Glenn makes any changes for this week.

#57 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,472 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 08:06 PM

Any victory, to get 4 out of 4, would be great. We've won a couple of close matches, that last year I think we would have lost.

Good point Hullram. It must be difficult to change a winning side but those on the sidelines must also be feeling a bit frustrated as well. I reckon GM will make quite a few changes for the Challenge Cup game giving some players a break and others the chance to make an impression.

On paper we should have a relatively easy game against 'haven but this isn't played on paper and we will still have to be at our professional best to gain a victory. I trust that we are, and will.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#58 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 06 March 2014 - 09:15 PM

Wev already sent jason maranka, Marcus Elliot and Conor Nolan on a month loan to Gloucester. All 3 played Sunday at York and do believe Marcus Elliot scored. Maybe afew more will go on loan as the season gets older, however these are 3 younger players with barely no first grade football but great potential. Good move for them.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 06 March 2014 - 09:17 PM.

#59 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,540 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:19 AM

Touch wood if we win.Apart from the undefeated tour when did we last win our first 4 games.

#60 Townie

Townie
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 01:48 PM

A thousand would be a sizable crowd for this game with under 100 Haven.

Dewsbury Rams win machine.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users