Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Can we top 2,000 v Whitehaven?

• Please log in to reply
84 replies to this topic

#61 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:52 PM

Can't see haven bringing anymore than a coach load, if that.. They avent won a match since they last beat us, last season

#62 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 07 March 2014 - 04:54 PM

So then, who else as managed to persuade a friend, friends or family members to come along Sunday? Iv got 2 new fans coming this weekend.

#63 EQUALIZER

EQUALIZER
  • Coach
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 10:35 AM

Commendable of the dogs to help out the Bulls when their so called partner club don't seem to be lifting a finger. :angel:

It will keep em going till  like all sl clubs they get a £300000 windfall from sky for this years tele coverage.  Since the deal involved championship clubs a few grand to us would not have gone a miss.

#64 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 08 March 2014 - 11:48 AM

It will keep em going till  like all sl clubs they get a £300000 windfall from sky for this years tele coverage.  Since the deal involved championship clubs a few grand to us would not have gone a miss.

You won't ever see me helping a SL team in any way. They wouldn't **** on us if we were on fire and most of their fans wouldnt even know who Dewsbury,hunslet, York etc were...

#65 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:03 PM

A thousand would be a sizable crowd for this game with under 100 Haven.

What do you guys make of the gate ? 900 probably a bit disappointing with the efforts of some of you, but not bad when you consider that many people would be having their first trip to B&Q and haven brought 22.
That said its probably a good job 1000 new speccies didn't turn up today.

#66 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:33 PM

Disappointed we didn't top the 1,000 barrier but that said glad we didn't get a big crowd , doubt they'd come back after today's game. That said we gained 100 on gate from last seasons match so an improvement and haven brought about 20, if that! Average attendance should be up at end of year any how.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 09 March 2014 - 08:34 PM.

#67 Phil Loxton

Phil Loxton
  • Coach
  • 1,622 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:41 PM

I thought you being over optimistic..Your optimism was a little clouded from your visit of Fev who had a very large contingent in the 2096 crowd..Having said that you do deserve a much better following;

#68 Ramite

Ramite
  • Coach
  • 861 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:47 PM

It was up compared to the same game last season well done to those that pushed this game. I think 1200 would have a good figure.
Homer: How is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?

[

i]Mr. Burns: Woah, slow down there maestro. There's a *New* Mexico?[/i]

#69 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:57 PM

I thought you being over optimistic..Your optimism was a little clouded from your visit of Fev who had a very large contingent in the 2096 crowd..Having said that you do deserve a much better following;

what annoys me is afew fans turned up for fev match who didn't today. Id say dews have an hardcore 750- 800 home fans so to gain an extra 100 on the crowd is an improvement

#70 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 08:59 PM

We have to be fair only just started promoting the club . Results won't arrive over night but imsure crowds will pick up as season goes along, especially if we're winning( today was shocking by the way)

#71 Official Rams Updates

Official Rams Updates
  • Coach
  • 255 posts

Posted 09 March 2014 - 09:03 PM

I think the turnout today was good. Considering the weather was gorgeous meaning many families will have ventured off for the day, and taking into account that Whitehaven brought only a small following. We improved on last season which means we are certainly heading in the right direction.

Follow us on twitter @DewsburyRams

Facebook: https://www.facebook...buryrams?ref=hl

Our website: http://www.dewsburyrams.co.uk/

Email: info@dewsburyrams.co.uk

#72 Eddie_Rombo

Eddie_Rombo
  • Coach
  • 1,937 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 03:38 AM

what annoys me is afew fans turned up for fev match who didn't today. Id say dews have an hardcore 750- 800 home fans so to gain an extra 100 on the crowd is an improvement

some of us work most sundays due shift patterns, doesn't mean they are any less of a supporter

#73 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 08:03 AM

I didn't mean people who work, meant afew fans who stayed at home to watch the union instead lol . Saying that, they didn't miss much

#74 grumpyoldram

grumpyoldram
  • Coach
  • 2,688 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 10:12 AM

I didn't mean people who work, meant afew fans who stayed at home to watch the union instead lol . Saying that, they didn't miss much

I was very tempted, and on hindsight wish I had. Don't think the fact that the dogs were at home would have helped either - there are usually a few dogs fans/neutrals or dual supporters in the crowd that would  have been up the mount yesterday. It's going to take a fair bit of success to get us over the 1000 mark every week I'm afraid.

#75 havenandproud

havenandproud
  • Whitehaven
  • 125 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 12:31 PM

I'd imagine haven will bring the usual dozen or so.
Predict DEWS 38 haven 6

showed youself up there again.
haven and proud till i die

#76 DEWSBURY TIL I DIE

DEWSBURY TIL I DIE
  • Coach
  • 2,403 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:00 PM

I was very tempted, and on hindsight wish I had. Don't think the fact that the dogs were at home would have helped either - there are usually a few dogs fans/neutrals or dual supporters in the crowd that would have been up the mount yesterday. It's going to take a fair bit of success to get us over the 1000 mark every week I'm afraid.

903 wasn't too bad, don't forget wev only started promoting the club again this season and under 12s go free with a paying adult as only just come into play this weekend. Many people in dewsbury won't know about this just yet but over the season probably will. Be interesting to see how many if these vouchers get used over the season. Iv still to take them to moor rugby club but gave them to 2 teams at dewsbury Celtic last week. Look at it this way, 2 home matches in, and 2 improved crowds on the fixture compared to last seasons figure. I still believe we need to go into town at some point in the season to promote the club and giving out the flyers, players fans roger the ram and the cheerleaders. The club could do plenty to get the fans in , and I hope later on in the season we may re use bring a mate for a fiver for season ticket holders. This seemed a success under warren in increasing the gate. Look on bright side of not getting 2,000 this weekend anyway, if we had got 2,000 they probs wouldn't come back because yesterday was a real let down of a performance.

Edited by DEWSBURY TIL I DIE, 10 March 2014 - 06:02 PM.

#77 Wakefield Ram

Wakefield Ram
  • 1,585 posts

Posted 10 March 2014 - 06:27 PM

The attendance was higher than last season, marketing takes time to work and the only guarantee is if you don't do any marketing then things will be worse.

#78 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 01 June 2014 - 08:50 PM

The attendance was higher than last season, marketing takes time to work and the only guarantee is if you don't do any marketing then things will be worse.

Today's gate probably most disappointing of season ?
Reckon they brought 100 at least so missing quit a few rams fans. How are they holding up overall BSJ ?

#79 Blind side johnny

Blind side johnny
  • Coach
  • 9,440 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 11:10 AM

Today's gate probably most disappointing of season ?
Reckon they brought 100 at least so missing quit a few rams fans. How are they holding up overall BSJ ?

Average league gate is 1265 but we have had all of the big teams so far. We are highly unlikely to top 1000 again this season - Sheffield, Doncaster, Swinton, Barrow, Rochdale, Keighley - and the Barmy Army appear to have deserted. I would be interested to know what average gates we budget for.

Believe what you see, don't see what you believe.

John Ray (1627 - 1705)

#80 NickD

NickD
  • Coach
  • 1,074 posts

Posted 02 June 2014 - 07:22 PM

Average league gate is 1265 but we have had all of the big teams so far. We are highly unlikely to top 1000 again this season - Sheffield, Doncaster, Swinton, Barrow, Rochdale, Keighley - and the Barmy Army appear to have deserted. I would be interested to know what average gates we budget for.

Cheers BSJ. Astute as ever. What has happened to barmey army ? We were very quiet this week...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users