Rugby League World Issue 402

Try our Fantastic 5-Issue Bundle Offer! For just £18, a saving of 10% on the regular cover price, you’ll get:
The Play-offs Issue - pictured (out 12 Sept) – Covering the climax of the Super League & Championship seasons
The Grand Finals Issue (out 17 Oct) – Grand Final excitement from both sides of the world plus Four Nations preview
The Four Nations Issue (out 21 Nov) – Fantastic coverage of the Four Nations tournament down under
The Golden Boot Issue (out 19 Dec) – A look back at the 2014 season plus the big reveal of the winner of the Golden Boot
The 2015 Season Preview Issue (out 23 Jan) – How will your team perform in 2015? We preview every club.

League Express

Podcast

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds fans trust

• Please log in to reply
236 replies to this topic

Poll: Roughyeds fans trust (29 member(s) have cast votes)

would you become a member

1. yes (21 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

2. no (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#181 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 21 March 2014 - 10:42 AM

Thanks Geoff, that again explains the position of RO perfectly. The upshot of all the debate is that nothing is going to change in the near future but with ideas being put forward the club might just listen to some of them and improve. The fact is that RL at our level is struggling no matter which club it is, the attendance at the Hemel game of 540(?) was the biggest in the division even with a Yorkshire derby between Hunslet and York which only attracted 420 fans. Yes the club should be better supported, thats obvious but people need to come and see the product and enjoy the RL.If people dont want to "put money in CH pocket" then why not just come to the match and not pay for a beer/programme/pie etc? All that staying away does is to restrict the cash to make improvements. There are many things to improve at the club and i totally agree with that. Im grateful we have a club and a team at all tbh. The debate has been good but i feel it is now time for folk to show support for the team and proud badge of ORLFC by turning up and supporting the lads. After all the club is bigger than one man, many clubs have a chairman they dislike but still wear their colours and support the team. I for one am proud of our club and heritage and could never just walk away because i disagree with something thats happened, wipe the slate clean, get behind the club and move forward thats the way to show you care about ORLFC. Up the Yeds!

#182 D1041

D1041
  • Players
  • 26 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:05 AM

Sorry to bring to bring it up but floating spectators will not be attracted by paying £11 to view the back of someones head if you do not secure a fence position and the potential to be soaked to the skin.It is not a great selling point.

#183 oldham13

oldham13
  • Coach
  • 691 posts

Posted 22 March 2014 - 08:16 AM

The immediately installation of concrete terracing along the right hand side of the ground must be funded and included within any financial takeover accounts.

We Are Oldham Roughyeds

#184 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 02:32 PM

Just catching up on this post as I've been travelling over the last few weeks.

Very dissapointed with the outcome of the George meeting and treatment of Spud. This guy really cares and is prepared to help. I gave up on the shambles that is Oldham rugby years ago, due to the general malaise. Looks like attendances are still falling and more people are feeling the same. Hopefully this will lead to the business failing and another group having the possibility to take over from administration. That's the only way to progress now.

CH has made a total mess of the club and should be lambasted for the that he is. Fair play he put some money in and kept a club in the town. However this was a business decision not the action of a philanthropic Oldham rugby fan. No one had heard of this guy before. He though he could make some money and tried his best. Well many years later this is where we are and all these pro Hamilton supporters are to blame. If the next three home games were boycotted the club would be insolvent and things could change very quickly.

The club has been starved of investment, sponsors and help solely because of this and it has to end!

Edited by higgy, 23 March 2014 - 03:43 PM.
No need to use the terms used for CH

#185 herbie

herbie
  • Coach
  • 245 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 09:53 PM

What he said!

#186 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 10:02 PM

I described the physical appearance of mr hamilton and was edited. I called him a *edit*  incompetent.

- Please keep it civil.  CH might be incompetent in your opinion, but comments on his physical appearance can be left out. Bedford Roughyed- 

Edited by Bedford Roughyed, 24 March 2014 - 02:24 AM.
Comment on physical appearance

#187 bigred

bigred
  • Coach
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 11:49 AM

I described the physical appearance of mr hamilton and was edited. I called him a *edit* incompetent.
I thought it was a fairly accurate description of our local megalomaniac to be honest.

- Please keep it civil. CH might be incompetent in your opinion, but comments on his physical appearance can be left out. Bedford Roughyed-

#188 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 12:17 PM

I'm disappointed people are so rude. Some of the stuff written about CH is disgusting. No matter what anyone thinks about the way he runs the club, it doesn't warrant the attacks in such a personal way. Why Oh why do folk have to be so nasty? It cannot be in CH's or anyone's interest for the club fail. But such negative comments don't help anyone.

#189 Logic

Logic
  • Coach
  • 334 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 03:39 PM

Unfortunately it seems to be 'par for the course' these days, Tosh.

Apart from the nastiness, I am constantly astounded at how many posts on this forum are taken as fact and not just by those who seek to bring the club down. There are often two sides to every tale but the truth is not commonly expressed on here, for fear of becoming embroiled in a meaningless confrontation. After all, what is the point in attempting to share the truth with those who are only interested in attacking the owner rather than showing any real interest in following Oldham RLFC. As the saying goes, 'never let the truth get in the way of a good story'.

I am one of those who is seen to be in the 'pro-Hamilton' category just because I am actually 'pro-Oldham RLFC' - surely pursuing a lifetime passion for Oldham RLFC isn't a crime!! As I have said before, SUPPORT IT, OR LOSE IT!! 

#190 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:36 PM

So, if you like orlfc you should like CH? I can't quite see how that works.

#191 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 04:45 PM

So, if you like orlfc you should like CH? I can't quite see how that works.

There are things about the way the club is run i dislike but to attack the bloke personally seems unnecessary if i'm allowed an opinion. Or is it only the anti CH brigade who can post?

#192 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 43 posts

Posted 25 March 2014 - 05:49 PM

Understand where you are coming from, and I'm sure we all have orlfc's best interests at heart. Agree that nasty insults are out of order, but what is the reason behind his isolation from the fans? This week we have had a wonderful offer of cctv For the club, free of charge, yet the club never even returned the call to say thanks or no thanks. It all seems very one way, take take take.

#193 Steve the Roughyed

Steve the Roughyed
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:26 AM

I agree with those who are criticising the nasty comments about CH on here.  I have a lot of questions about the way the club is run and how sponsors/investors seem to fall out with the club.  However I do not think for one minute that CH is just in this to make money.  If that was his aim I am sure he would be disappointed at the returns for the effort put in.  I admit to being one of the long standing fans (45 years) who has now got out of the habit of going to matches but this is not a protest about the ownership of the club or some kind of anti CH stand.  I just find the experience of attending matches at the millstone round our neck known as Whitebank both depressing and embarrassing.  The bickering on this site and the slagging off of those who give genuine reasons for no longer attending makes me feel less inclined to go back.  It's a pity because I am sure Scott Naylor and the players deserve support for their efforts.  So does the club for continuing to run an under 20s team in difficult times.  The likelihood is, however, that the benefit from developing young talent is more likely to be reaped by other clubs whilst we wallow around in the lowest tier of professional rugby for the foreseeable future.

#194 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:41 AM

I have got to agree Steve, another point that is being missed is the poor fixture organisation by the RFL, we are now some 4 weeks into the season and played one home game? Not everyone can afford or is able to travel to away match's especially considering the distance now involved.

Like yourself I have been a supporter for over 60 years, starting going with my Grandad when I was 5 years old. With my family we used to support home and away rarely missing a game.

I now cannot afford to do this, and with the lack of a regular home program have found that instead of being enthused by the game it has now become something of a chore to fit in between doing other things.

#195 Steve the Roughyed

Steve the Roughyed
  • Coach
  • 328 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 10:39 AM

That is so true Higgy.  I have posted previously on how the league structure and lack of regular home/away fixtures is a drawback.  10 home games spread over 26 weeks is poor.  Many people are likely to miss at least one due to holidays etc.  I am away over the school Easter holidays so the practicality is that If I had attended the Hemel game I would have had an eight week wait to see another home league game.  As you say other things fill the time and going to the match stops being part of your routine.  As things stand the maximum number of games I could attend this season looks like 5.  The league has too few teams and fixtures are spread over too long a period.  In now way is this the club's fault but I am convinced it is another factor in declining attendances.

#196 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:12 PM

The league which we play in results in no fixtures against local teams as our league derby is against Hunslet

I am also concerned that even if we get promotion we wont be allowed to go up because of the ground

I was a season ticket holder but got fed up with the poor pr.

Ive watched since 1980 when my dad took me to see them play Wakefield In the challenge cup. Over the next few years I found out about the links my family had with the club going back 100 years

I don't CH is the problem he must have the club at heart and he doesn't like people coming In even when they are helping him. This I find as sad

Ive read on this topic that no supporters had heard of him when he came in does that matter. No it doesn't do Salford care if the good doctor was a lifelong fan no they dont

#197 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 135 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 12:51 PM

I cannot believe what I am reading here....Are you guys really Oldham Rugby Fans?.

Anyone who has had the pleasure of dealing with the megalomaniac that is the beloved CH, will know the man is worthy of the descriptions posted recently. He way he so graciously speaks to others i'm sure he will not mind a few truthful descriptions of his appearance and demeanor.

He has personally driven away numerous staff, fans sponsors and investors  leading the team into the RL wastelands. He has taken money out of the club and literally gotten FAT whilst this has happened (this is not rude just an accurate description of the mans physical appearance - for those sensitive children of CH out there!).

We are in a real mess- a cannot see a way that we can get out of this mess. Even if the team improve, finally get a promotion we are hampered by the ground and dwindling support (also a result of poor management). My only hope if that we fall into administration and someone with a REAL passion for ORL takes the club on.

There are three better ran rugby clubs in our town, several football teams and numerous cricket clubs all run on good will - Not as a status symbol for a *&%@$% &%@(@^@^ (ill save the CH brigade the time to edit the comment).

#198 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:36 PM

Im not for or against ch I have never had any dealing with him

The whole thing needs reassessing. I would agree that my old team st annes is better run

He has the cards he wont play them its stale mate

#199 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 372 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 03:55 PM

I cannot believe what I am reading here....Are you guys really Oldham Rugby Fans?.

Anyone who has had the pleasure of dealing with the megalomaniac that is the beloved CH, will know the man is worthy of the descriptions posted recently. He way he so graciously speaks to others i'm sure he will not mind a few truthful descriptions of his appearance and demeanor.

He has personally driven away numerous staff, fans sponsors and investors  leading the team into the RL wastelands. He has taken money out of the club and literally gotten FAT whilst this has happened (this is not rude just an accurate description of the mans physical appearance - for those sensitive children of CH out there!).

We are in a real mess- a cannot see a way that we can get out of this mess. Even if the team improve, finally get a promotion we are hampered by the ground and dwindling support (also a result of poor management). My only hope if that we fall into administration and someone with a REAL passion for ORL takes the club on.

There are three better ran rugby clubs in our town, several football teams and numerous cricket clubs all run on good will - Not as a status symbol for a *&%@$% &%@(@^@^ (ill save the CH brigade the time to edit the comment).

No Not really an Oldham fan, only been going for 53 years! part timers eh!

#200 higgy

higgy
  • 337 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 04:40 PM

Again your comments are ill founded,. I was one of the editors of your rude personal attack on CH's person (which had nothing to do with his running of the club) but was a personal attack on him.

To class me and others in the CH brigade is an insult, my family and I have more reason than most to dislike the man, but I would not stoop  to the comments made about him.

I support the team NOT CH, and will continue to do so  through thick and thin

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users