TotalRL.com Shop Alert: Last Ordering Date for Free Pre-Xmas Delivery within UK: 2pm Thursday 18th December!!
Rugby League Yearbook 2014/15 The Forbidden Game League Express League Express Gift Card Rugby League World Rugby League World Gift Card
Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Buy Now £14.99 / Kindle Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards Print / Digital Subscription Gift Cards

Photo
- - - - -

Roughyeds fans trust

• Please log in to reply
237 replies to this topic

Poll: Roughyeds fans trust (29 member(s) have cast votes)

would you become a member

1. yes (21 votes [72.41%])

Percentage of vote: 72.41%

2. no (8 votes [27.59%])

Percentage of vote: 27.59%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#201 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 08:34 PM

Higgy I can only imagine what CH has done to your family - Eaten them perhaps?

If you pay money to watch Oldham rugby you are contributing to CH's megalomania? You cannot support one without the other!

#202 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:54 PM

Here we go again superrude! yawn!!!!

#203 clifford

clifford
  • Coach
  • 207 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 12:28 PM

Jezz well if you don't support the team professional rugby dies in oldham

End of

#204 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:20 PM

I truly believe that CH arrogantly thinks that, without him there, there will be no professional rugby in the town. Unfortunately, it appears that his view is shared by a number of Oldham supporters. As I've stated before, I believe the only future for Oldham lies in the present administration going to the wall and a new club reforming, without CH anywhere near it. Without knowing for certain, I believe this view is starting to gather a following among some realistic ORLFC speccies.

#205 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:52 PM

I truly believe that CH arrogantly thinks that, without him there, there will be no professional rugby in the town. Unfortunately, it appears that his view is shared by a number of Oldham supporters. As I've stated before, I believe the only future for Oldham lies in the present administration going to the wall and a new club reforming, without CH anywhere near it. Without knowing for certain, I believe this view is starting to gather a following among some realistic ORLFC speccies.

So if that happens, is there someone out there willing to start a new club from scratch? I don't see anyone throwing their hat into the ring when discussing things on here. Whether we are for or against CH, We would all love to see the glory days back but i see no evidence of anyone with the financial clout coming forward. Unless someone else knows different and if so name them so that the fans can get behind their bid.

#206 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 08:30 PM

Tosh the people on here are not the people to be discussing the future of the club with - Despite several posters believing that they should be. There have been many people interested in buying a % of ORL over the last god know how many years. All of which have been shunned by your beloved CH. 

CH will not give up the media attention that he loves so much - I have heard the Chron are investing in a helicopter so they can take aerial photos of the ever expanding megalomaniac.

#207 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 12:43 AM

Tosh the people on here are not the people to be discussing the future of the club with - Despite several posters believing that they should be. There have been many people interested in buying a % of ORL over the last god know how many years. All of which have been shunned by your beloved CH. 

CH will not give up the media attention that he loves so much - I have heard the Chron are investing in a helicopter so they can take aerial photos of the ever expanding megalomaniac.

My beloved? haha! superrude you strike again! So let's get it right. You are telling those of us who love ORLFC to stop going, let it die and the magic genie will raise up a new CH!  I have a great team and coaches to support on a shabby ground. But it is real! you are giving me dreams!

Edited by TOSH1960, 28 March 2014 - 12:45 AM.

#208 RunItOffAfi

RunItOffAfi
  • Coach
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:37 PM

If we were to go to the wall, Rugby Oldham would more than likely take over, even if it's only in the interim. If the new people in charge are open with the fans, do not alienate sponsors and speccies, but don't have a pot to pee in, that's better than what we have at present.

Edited by RunItOffAfi, 28 March 2014 - 04:38 PM.

#209 diehard 1

diehard 1
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 04:48 PM

people are wondering if there is anyone out there to take over if CH decides to call it a day, and people saying that there isnt anyone, or if there is come forward. I think there is someone waiting in the wings, just like there was when CH and the board came forward in 1997, they didnt show and anouce before hand before they started a new club, so i believe that the people who really loves our great team will come forward when the time is right.

#210 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:19 PM

At last someone with sense - Well Done RunitofAfi and Diehard 1.

No wonder CH has been making so much money with all these loyal idiots supporting him over the years!

Realistically why would any potential buyer make an offer. We are clearly being managed into oblivion by TOSH and Higgy's buddy -CH.  It would be simpler to wait until administration make an offer an take over. 

Everyone know CH is the most difficult man to deal with, so why bother let him destroy the club and step in at the right time - I might make an offer when we collapse!

#211 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:57 PM

Haha! superrude, you excel yourself. Bless your cotton socks.

#212 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 07:59 PM

people are wondering if there is anyone out there to take over if CH decides to call it a day, and people saying that there isnt anyone, or if there is come forward. I think there is someone waiting in the wings, just like there was when CH and the board came forward in 1997, they didnt show and anouce before hand before they started a new club, so i believe that the people who really loves our great team will come forward when the time is right.

I really hope you're right if the need is there. The club is more important than any person.

#213 diehard 1

diehard 1
  • Coach
  • 1,100 posts

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:05 PM

I really hope you're right if the need is there. The club is more important than any person.

quite right tosh, nobody know whether there is or isnt anyone out there but we have to be positive.

#214 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 29 March 2014 - 11:56 AM

Until CH decides to sell his shares the status quo will remain.  If the club stops trading with all those debts the RFL will not allow it to be reformed with the debts remaining unpaid. They would not allow Blackpool Panthers to do that. If they did what would there be to stop clubs running up big debts chasing the  glory and leaving their creditors high and dry.

#215 roughyedspud

roughyedspud
  • Coach
  • 4,090 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:42 AM

so form a new "community" club (east oldham bears) start in the north west RLC with the stated aim of becoming a championship1 club within xx number of years.....

and potentially forcing a merger with ORLFC at somepoint down the road...

#justaidea

OLDHAM RLFC
the 8TH most successful team in british RL

#216 lalar

lalar
  • Players
  • 49 posts

Posted 30 March 2014 - 12:22 PM

I urge you to just keep going spud, something has to change. A club without CH at the helm could do so much better imo.

#217 HARRYRUBY

HARRYRUBY
  • Coach
  • 217 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 04:50 PM

What is needed in order for anyone to assess the true situation of ORLFC is for true and accurate information as to the Assets and Liabilities that the club has.

What the debts are and how much is owed to HMRC,  suppliers, players the bank in overdrafts and what unpaid loans including directors loans are there.

What value of Whitebank is in the clubs name and will they ever own it 100%.

As the club got a timescale top improve the facilities at Whitebank and what are these plans.

There are many questions that need answering before the club can hope to attract serious investors.

In my opinion it takes more than one man to run a club successfully no matter who they are.

CH as upset many people and in business you cannot afford to do that and as long as that attitude prevails I fear for the future of the club.

One thing however that should not go on is a character assignation of the man in a personal manner and whatever his salary is should not be in the  public demain as it is a personal matter.

#218 Superdude

Superdude
  • Coach
  • 181 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 08:22 PM

You have made a couple of good points there Harry. A serious investor would need to undertake the due diligence on any business before investing whether a multi national or a simple small business. Looking at what I could find out myself.....

The combined cash at bank value for all businesses where Christopher holds a current appointment equals £325, with a combined assets value of £23,720 and liabilities of £375,955. 

...Oldham rugby has a lot of liability. I can not see how any serious investor would be attracted to our club in this league, with a dwindling fan base and such liabilities - How would they see a return????? 

We either need a rich fan or a local business consortium with a true love for Oldham Rugby. CH has managed to turn plenty of this type of possible away already. Failing that we need a rich sugar daddy who need a weekend plaything. Would lording it around Whitebank be attractive to a Marwan Koukash type?

With the current split between the Hamilton lovers and haters I fear the fans will never form any serious threat to ownership.

My plan is to wait until we head into administration and a make an offer slightly above that of the assets and we can at last run our own club. when my group takes over ORL I would like to make an offer to CH to volunteer for free to help on game days. If he loves the club as much as he says we will be glad to see his cherub like presence around the club. 

#219 TOSH1960

TOSH1960
  • Coach
  • 453 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:32 PM

Superrude, you call Chris Hamilton but have have insulted most of those fans that already support the club on a daily basis. Why would you get our support! The figures you are quoting if true to reality are not a huge debt and if they include the so far unpaid fees for Whitebank are actually minimal. You seem to have declared some fans as Chris Hamilton supporters but fail to see we are long term Oldham Rugby supporters (in my case 53 years). We want to see the glory years back but being abused by people like you will only only alienate the few of us who are left! And we are the ones doing the regular graft for nothing!

Edited by TOSH1960, 04 April 2014 - 06:21 PM.

#220 roughyed34

roughyed34
  • Coach
  • 190 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 09:48 AM

Gee whizz its like groundhog day here! All the positives/negatives have been done to death. Its obvious at the moment NOTHING is going to change! No point in going over old ground, if the anti CH brigade want to do something why not have your own meeting, formulate a proper plan to take over, then come back and tell us what you propose. Leaving the rest of us to talk about ORLFC and supporting the team! Oh by the way there is a game Sunday if anyone fancies it ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users